• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Tripod leg covers

Smith1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Ohio
Any have leg covers for their tripods they like? A quick search turned up a cole-tech and rauch precision set that both looked nice, but not many reviews. Will be going on an RRS TVC-33

i was recommended and have the cole-tac and they work fine. i cannot compare, having not seen or used others.
they probably all do the job, but i have seen some "systems" with pouches and stuff if you're into that.
i jumped on the cole-tacs because they came in black camo and i'm operator af!

What are the benefits to running them vs not?
For me, I always have a sling or things clanking on it and it should minimize that while hunting. Will also be able to hook my caller remote on, depending on which I go with and shouldn’t be as blazing hot on my hands in the summer sun.

Cole-Tac. They even cut them to the length I wanted.

How do they tighten on? It looks like three of the 5 loops tighten somehow, but I couldn’t tell exactly how or if material of the other two loops is the same lookin at pictures on my phone

How do they tighten on? It looks like three of the 5 loops tighten somehow, but I couldn’t tell exactly how or if material of the other two loops is the same lookin at pictures on my phone
It's a two hole buckle and a Velcro strap. Under the buckle thru the hole over and then thru the other hole back the way you came. The other straps are for hanging stuff on.

Reactions: Smith1
the top middle and bottom are straps with velcro.
the middle are just webbing that you can use to attach other things like pouches to the legs.
the inside of the wraps are rubberized to resist sliding when the straps are tight.

IMG_4500.jpg

Reactions: Smith1
Ended up with the sunrise tactical. Super nice, I was going to put two on but I don’t really like the additional thickness. That’s a me issue, not a product issue.

Attachments

• 0745222B-4111-4C14-B1E5-67142FD1719E.jpeg
    0745222B-4111-4C14-B1E5-67142FD1719E.jpeg
    567.3 KB · Views: 160
Looks nice! I’ve been looking at these but I’m recently poor from tripod and glass purchase so used some trusty vet wrap for now. Testing out the new setup…
509C326A-5319-432E-B843-18BEA595E386.jpeg

Reactions: Gtar and Smith1
I used cole-tac, I gave them the model of my tripod (innorel rt-90c) and they made them specifically for it and in the pattern I wanted.

I use Blue Force Gear Pouches and tie wraps to secure them to carbon fiber Swarovski tripod; the upper extensions have foam wrapping that does not allow the tie wraps to slip. I am able to carry multiple devices to mount the rifle (Manfrotto's, Hog etc, LaRue QD) to the tripod column. It looks busy but its purpose is carry lots of options for range day data collection, including iPad for target camera. Also, only use a floating MS3 floating mount system.

Pondering what different method might be right for the SR-25 SBR for limited kit luggage.
DSCN4642 copy 2.JPG
IMG_3286 copy 2.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 6.44.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 6.44.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 6.44.48 PM.png
IMG_0181KAC SR-25 WITH SUPPRESSOR BLACK SCOPE & SLING RMR MOUNTED POOLSIDE 07.30.21 copy.jpg

Last edited:
+1 sunrise tactical. I wish they made clothes, cars, trucks, houses, women…the quality is impeccable.