• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod options?

LRSHOOTER0311

Green Eyed Devil
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
So I'm looking to purchase a tripod to be used for night hunting for hogs. I found the Night Stalker tripod on nightgoogles.com and saw they released a "pro" model at shot show. They offer thethe tripod, ball mount, and a Shadow Tech PIG saddle ($290) or the Kopfjager Reaper Grip mount ($325). Is there any other tripod combos out there that compares to what they offer for that price range? If so, what?

Covertnoob5,

I really can't see what other carbon fiber tripods offer at the price of the night stalker with the ball and rifle rest for the money... I'm not someone who pays for names or bragging rights, I prefer practicallity. So unless someone names something I've never heard or tells me that its complete crap and can back it up, then I'm going to throw em my money.

Covertnoob5,

I really can't see what other carbon fiber tripods offer at the price of the night stalker with the ball and rifle rest for the money... I'm not someone who pays for names or bragging rights, I prefer practicallity. So unless someone names something I've never heard or tells me that its complete crap and can back it up, then I'm going to throw em my money.

Same here. Unless someone can tell me it’s junk and WHY then I’ll be ordering one. I just don’t know pig saddle vs reaper grip. I’m thinking maybe reaper.

Same here. Unless someone can tell me it’s junk and WHY then I’ll be ordering one. I just don’t know pig saddle vs reaper grip. I’m thinking maybe reaper.

I think the reaper is a better option as it offsets the rifle off center of the tripod, which allows great mobility in terms of changing mags without the legs getting in the way, unless you rock shorties (5, 10 rounders) and it allows you to setup a camera or other accessories.

I think the reaper is a better option as it offsets the rifle off center of the tripod, which allows great mobility in terms of changing mags without the legs getting in the way, unless you rock shorties (5, 10 rounders) and it allows you to setup a camera or other accessories.

Yea I’m in California so only 10’s and 5’s for us haha but I do like the ability to setup other stuff on it. Makes it easier for the GoPro while hunting.

Well hell... sure would have been nice to know there was a carbon fiber option in the same price range as the PIG 0311 I just bought. Hope it's junk! How else am i gonna validate my I'll informed purchase?;)

In all seriousness, it looks pretty snazzy. Looking forward to seeing them in the wild

Reactions: LRSHOOTER0311
Well hell... sure would have been nice to know there was a carbon fiber option in the same price range as the PIG 0311 I just bought. Hope it's junk! How else am i gonna validate my I'll informed purchase?;)

In all seriousness, it looks pretty snazzy. Looking forward to seeing them in the wild

LOL, I think you hit the nail on the head with about everyone purchasing things nowadays. I was just thinking to myself while at the range a few weeks back, I built a custom no-expense sparred bolt gun with all the "custom" bells and whistles. I was thanking God I sold it before the Bergara HMR and Ruger Rpr hit the market because a kid next to me on the range was shooting the same groups that custom bolt gun did out of a Bergara with factory Hornady ELD ammo. If it makes you feel any better, there are still people out there right now that are justifying spending over $2k on a Really Right Stuff tripod with custom pivot ball mounts made of titanium and lubricated Chuck Norris's tears that does the same exact thing this $325 bipod does. It's not always you get what you pay for, sometimes you just have to be a cut above the rest and realize that you don't need that much to get the job done. I'm not saying their tripods are bad, they are just for a person with a level of disposable income that I don't have.

Im looking at this feisol. http://www.feisol.net/tripods/elite-tripods/feisol-tripod-ct-3472.html
Most of my tripod shooting seems to be off of an unstable front rest utilizing a tripod leg for rear support. Seems like i need a tall leg to get my fat ass under to get that use. Then ill be more expense in a ball head and a saddle. I wonder if you could use a monopod the same for the rear support? Like the one from the tripod you listed.