• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod selection

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
So, I am looking at getting a larger better tripod then my old Nordic Marksman.

I am looking at the Two Vets Recon V2 with a RRS Anvil 30 head or possibly a RRS TFCT-34L with the included Anvil 30.

has anyone shot off of bothnof these, and which is more stable? And am I really gaining much by spending more on the RRS over the Recon V2 since I want to use the same head.

Part of my buy once cry once says just buy the RRS, but I really don't know if spending more really is needed here.

I have a Recon w leveling base. I really like it. Very solid and quick to set up.

Dan's customer service cannot be beat. I broke something in the leg. Emailed him on a Sunday morning and ten minutes later my phone was ringing. He spent 15 minutes with me on a video call trying to assist me with it before air-shipping me a new leg. You cannot beat that.