• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod setup for field matches

I chose light, simple, fast and just run a cheap Manfrotto, Mod Dos and a Wiebad Milquetoast.

Without toast.
Screenshot_20210826-124017.png

With toast.
Screenshot_20210826-124000.png

Finally got the design bombproof and happy with it to sell.

20210927_171913.jpg
20210823_151129.jpg
20210823_145944.jpg

Reactions: iceng
also seem to be the minority. Last week at the NRL Hunter match I shot off the tripod almost every stage. I just *gasp* clamp into the tripod with my binos, then when done finding targets, I clamp in my rifle. works pretty good lol.

It can be argued that bag on top is faster and that would be correct...I just do what I shoot better doing and that is clamped in. Slow hits are worth 100% more than fast misses.

GL!
DT

Agree with this 100%. Clamping into the anvil is hard to beat.

Reactions: OliverH and RRW
Finally got the design bombproof and happy with it to sell.
Fairly much identical to how I make mine. I stitched a hard backbone into the bag rather than Velcro it, but the concept is similar. BORIS. Bag on rail intergrated system.

Glad someone else came to the same conclusion.

What value is the anvil offering in this situation?
I own one and get that they're awesome, but for quick field shooting, wouldn't it make more sense to do a simpler ballhead or just direct mount the bag to the tripod?

Are you actually tilt/panning the anvil while using the bag?

Last edited:
What value is the anvil offering in this situation?
I own one and get that they're awesome, but for quick field shooting, wouldn't it make more sense to do a simpler ballhead or just direct mount the bag to the tripod?

Are you actually tilt/panning the anvil while using the bag?
Whatever you can do with a bag direct to the tripod you can do better with a bag attached to the anvil/table in my opinion.

No reason why not have both options.