• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tripods for spotting scopes....

adkmtnman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Upstate, NY
I know that I once saw a thread on here about tripods and who made good ones... and for the life of me, I cannot find the darn thing.

Does anyone know of a good tripod that when open the legs will spread flat for prone or even bench top applications...

I know Manfrotto 190 xprob does it but it is a full size and I was looking for the one that I once saw on here that was more compact for a spotting scope...

Any brands, pictures, or links would be AWESOME!

Thanks in advance fellas'

Re: Tripods for spotting scopes....

Here is a nice table top tripod. These are a little expensive but wort every penny you wont ever have to buy another tripod.

think about what you are putting on top of the tripod. don't put a 1000-1500 dollar or more spotting scope on a 200 tripod. you want something sturdy and well made under it.

http://www.gitzo.us/series-3-aluminum-systematic-2-section-baby-tripod-w-g-lock

here is a prone set up.
http://www.gitzo.us/series-3-systematic-carbon-6x-long-tripod-4-sec-w-g-lock

thank you
joe

This may be the direction you are wanting to head.
Precision Rifle Solutions

We use three models of SLIK tripods that can get you from 6.25”-9” for the small, 7.5”-43” for the medium, and 8”- 63” for the large (prone to standing). I can send you the specific model numbers if you would like. When we chose these SLIK tripods we did it based on durability, versatility, compact/lightweight, and affordable. We have had excellent results with these tripods with almost no problems, in fact we have had only three tripods return with manufacturing defects and we have been selling them since 2007. Do not hesitate to call, PM, or email [email protected] with any questions you may have.

I'd definitely go with PRS. They make Top Notch Equipment, and great customer service. I have a large tripod for my rifle, and with getting a spotting scope soon, looks like I'll end up getting another tripod.

But definitely look at Precision Rifle Solutions, they'll take care of you.

I received a PRS medium tripod for Christmas. Great piece of gear for prone and sitting. Not too bad for standing either if your spotter is angled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may be the direction you are wanting to head.
Precision Rifle Solution

We use three models of SLIK tripods that can get you from 6.25”-9” for the small, 7.5”-43” for the medium, and 8”- 63” for the large (prone to standing). I can send you the specific model numbers if you would. When we choose these SLIK tripods we did it based on durability, versatility, compact/lightweight, and affordable. We have had excellent results with these tripods with almost no problems, in fact we have had only three tripods return with manufacturing defects and we have been selling them since 2007. Do not hesitate to call, PM, or email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
</div></div>

TAG, add another thing to the wishlist.