• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Trouble finding any info

Animal82

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
US
I was just given this .22 it was my great great grandmothers. There are no markings besides the carving, no numbers or anything. I have had several gunsmiths look at it and take it apart trying to find any markings. All we know is it's a .22 and it takes a clip, which is missing. If anybody can help figure out what it is I'd greatly appreceate it. I want to get it back to original condition, or least firing condition, but it needs some parts.

Re: Trouble finding any info

Really, it is a top loading .22? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before. Pretty interesting little gun. It is too bad it doesn't take a simple magazine or maybe you would have a little more luck finding out more info. Maybe it was a homemade job?

It takes a 10 round mag, inserts about 5" forward of the trigger. I did have a side of it, not sure how the mag was destroyed, but the side i had just said " rd 2 " the rest was worn off. I couldn't tell for sure but I think it said 10 rd. The piece I had was about 3in x 1in. I would of put a pic of it, but it was somehow lost when moving from Arkansas. I was starting to wonder if it was homemade. My great grandmother says she can remember her daddy buying it, but can't remember if the carving was already there, or soembody did it. Of course at 91 years old her mind isn't as good as it use to be.

I'm interested, I think I may have the same gun, but mine doesn't have the carving and the barrel was dented in at some point in it's life. Also, mine's stock looks a little thinner near the front, and the back of the action looks a little different from memory. Wish I had it with me so I could put up some pics to compare.

receiver & bolt sort of resembles an older sears / marlin / stevens with a chopped homemade engraved moose on the stock.

but the trigger guard is different from those.

some closer / better pictures may help

They made some Mauser, 1903, and other .22 trainers back in the day. That looks kinda like the 1903 trainer.

I will try to get some up close photos of the action posted today.

Here is 2 more close up pix of the action.

url]

url]

I thought for a moment it was an old Marlin I had but the bolt root is to large. That t thing would hold a .25 or .30 bore.

No Idea. No Guess. 3/5th of the worlds firearm history is a dark hole.

Please post your findings just for fun.
..MJ..

It was made in germany just prior to ww11 and it was a boys squirrel gun .It is definately german and not worth much as they6 are sorta cheaply made as I worked on one about 10 years ago.There is a makers mark if you take the stock off.

That's what the last gunsmith was thinking, but when he took it completly apart, still no mark anywhere. I left it with him for 3 days because he just new there was a mark somewhere, he never found one. The two popular guesses from the gunsmiths are Russian or German, but nothing for sure.