• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trouble justifying USO

Re: Trouble justifying USO

Yeah I'm sure they sort all the glass and only sell second's ...

I was in the market for a top of the line scope and got a USO
Could of got any scope I wanted , but I bought USO because
I think they make the best scope around

fx1 have you actually owned a USO ? Because you sound like
a internet fan boy regerertaing someone else's bull shit storey
. Dave

FX1
Again I ask...
Have you PERSONALLY owned/run all 3?

I have, as have others... have you?

U S Optics, Inc Business Information
U S Optics, Inc also does business as U S Optics .
Location Type Single Location
Annual Sales (Estimated) 1,800,000
Employees (Estimated) 15
SIC Code 3827, Optical Instruments and Lenses
NAICS Code 333314, Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing
Products, Services
and Brands

State of Incorporation California
Years in Business 19

Zeiss
Type Aktiengesellschaft
Industry Imaging
Founded Jena, Germany (1846)
Headquarters Oberkochen, Germany
Key people Dr. Dieter Kurz, CEO and President
Products Precision binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes, night vision equipment, laser-guided rangefinders, riflescopes, planetarium projectors and other optical equipment.
Revenue € 2,731 million[1] (2007/08)
Net income € 178 million[2] (2007/08)
Employees 13,060 (September 30, 2008)[1]

Nuff Said

<span style="font-weight: bold">Again I ask...</span>
yes or no?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">U S Optics, Inc Business Information
Employees (Estimated) 15
Products, Services
and Brands

Years in Business 19

Zeiss
Type Aktiengesellschaft
Industry Imaging
Products Precision binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes, night vision equipment, laser-guided rangefinders, riflescopes, planetarium projectors and other optical equipment.
Revenue € 2,731 million[1] (2007/08)
Net income € 178 million[2] (2007/08)

Nuff Said</div></div>

Your an idiot.

Does this prove also, that Toyota makes better cars than Ferrari, based on employee count and product turn out.

This this mean that Remington makes a better product than GAP, because of employee count and product sales?

Try again. Your discrediting yourself with every post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">U S Optics, Inc Business Information
Employees (Estimated) 15
Products, Services
and Brands

Years in Business 19

Zeiss
Type Aktiengesellschaft
Industry Imaging
Revenue &#128; 2,731 million[1] (2007/08)
Net income &#128; 178 million[2] (2007/08)

Nuff Said</div></div> I would like to hear the answer to chpprguy's question.....

Nuff said.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
S&B and Hendsolt are in a different league and their factories and laboratories prove it </div></div>

That's horseshit...
have you owned/run all 3?</div></div>

USO buys their glass from Schott which is owned by Zeiss and coatings and glass is an optics companies pride and biggest secret/asset.

So while USO buys their lenses from a competitor do you think Zeiss is going to sell them the best glass that they keep for themselves? No

Does USO have scientists and labs dedicated to perfecting the glass and optics? No

Watch the Zeiss video and then tell me that USO has a setup like that dedicated to some of the worlds best optics and then ill buy USO.

Until then ill buy the best if im in the market for a $3000 scope</div></div>

Spoken like someone regurgitating shit.

Ziess would not be selling glass to these companies if they were not selling top on the line, or at least exceedingly better glass than other options.

Buy a Ziess, and you will have the finest, most over priced hunting scopes in the world.

Ziess scopes are limited in elevation and windage and can not hold a candle to companies like USO/NF/S&B in the built like a tank category.

Ziess scopes go on $10,000 African hunting rifles that spend 362 days a year in the safe. USO/NF/ and the others are field scopes. Period.</div></div>

Yes and the whole Hendsoldt line of scopes cant hold a candle to a USO or NF rofl.

God this makes me laugh, if USO was such a great optics company with such a great product capable of winning huge military contracts then Zeiss would buy it up with the change down the back of the employee lounge sofa.

its lowly $1.8m turnover is capable of producing and researching the best of the best.

i think not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Again I ask...</span>
yes or no?</div></div> I have. So what? I predict that many fools have run all three. A post should speak for itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Your an idiot.

Does this prove also, that Toyota makes better cars than Ferrari, based on employee count and product turn out.

This this mean that Remington makes a better product than GAP, because of employee count and product sales?

Try again. Your discrediting yourself with every post. </div></div>

1. Glad I didn't have to say it. I was wondering what (obviously nothing) that post brought to the table.

2. The OP made his decision. It is an absolutely great decision for the application he seems to be pursuing. Both of the optics mentioned are wonderful. The companies offer two very separate specialties. These scope threads continually devolve just like the "what's your favorite caliber/bottom metal/barrel maker" threads.

3. If anyone thinks that USO is just picking up leftovers from Zeiss, you have to be crazy...and I am sure JBW would take great offense to the notion.

4. OP, enjoy the scope. It should give you many years of happy service. Figuring out your wants and needs is sometimes a difficult and blurry line to decipher. Glad you made a decision...it is a good one.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
S&B and Hendsolt are in a different league and their factories and laboratories prove it </div></div>

That's horseshit...

USO buys their glass from Schott which is owned by Zeiss and coatings and glass is an optics companies pride and biggest secret/asset.

So while USO buys their lenses from a competitor do you think Zeiss is going to sell them the best glass that they keep for themselves? No

Does USO have scientists and labs dedicated to perfecting the glass and optics? No

Watch the Zeiss video and then tell me that USO has a setup like that dedicated to some of the worlds best optics and then ill buy USO.

Ziess would not be selling glass to these companies if they were not selling top on the line, or at least exceedingly better glass than other options.

Buy a Ziess, and you will have the finest, most over priced hunting scopes in the world.

Ziess scopes are limited in elevation and windage and can not hold a candle to companies like USO/NF/S&B in the built like a tank category.

Ziess scopes go on $10,000 African hunting rifles that spend 362 days a year in the safe. USO/NF/ and the others are field scopes. Period.</div></div>

Yes and the whole Hendsoldt line of scopes cant hold a candle to a USO or NF rofl.

God this makes me laugh, if USO was such a great optics company with such a great product capable of winning huge military contracts then Zeiss would buy it up with the change down the back of the employee lounge sofa.

its lowly $1.8m turnover is capable of producing and researching the best of the best.

i think not.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">again, have you owned compared all three?</div></div>

Have you?

I have shot with a Zeiss and a S&B and i know of someone who imported a USO who now has a PM2. that USO didnt even stay on his gun long enough for me to use it before he ebayed it off.

As i said there is nothing wrong with a USO but its not in the same league as Hendsoldt and S&B and the military contracts all over the world prove that dont they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's horseshit...

I have and they are in a different league.

Just to get it out there before anyone trys to make more of the above statement than it is, I have nothing against John and think he is a great guy and supports the sports like no other. I also hope he keeps having the success he has with USO as they make a good scope.

I agree with Rob. But I still buy NF because it's the best value out there and a NF does eveything I want scope to do, at a reasonable cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's horseshit...

I have and they are in a different league.</div></div>

Agreed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with Rob. But I still buy NF because it's the best value out there and a NF does eveything I want scope to do, at a reasonable cost.</div></div>

i think this was my original point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither scopes have optics in the same league as a S&B or Hendsolt but only one of them is charging money less than a S&B or Hendsolt!

Id go NF every time until i had the money to burn on a Zeiss or S&B </div></div>

Can you please link me some of these 2200-2400$ FFP, Mil/Mil, illuminated, S&B/Hensoldt scopes that are in the 3-17X power range?

I have owned all 4 of the scopes in question, but I don't believe I am qualified to break down which is "best." My eye can't really tell the difference in glass quality, and truth be told, I don't think it would really make a difference in shooting real world targets.

As it's been said time and time again by others as well as myself, glass isn't the most important thing in a scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As it's been said time and time again by others as well as myself, glass isn't the most important thing in a scope. </div></div>I would agree. I tend to prefer certain things about my German scopes, but the USO I have is really nice as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd take a NF over a USO any day of the week. </div></div>

That's what I have seen as well. The guys I shoot with use NF and Leupold mainly and the NF scopes never seem to go down. Razor HD's seem to be tough as well but I've only run into 2 of them so I can't say for sure.

FWIW I don't have a dog in this fight, I use IOR and Leupie scopes.

I own a Zeiss Diavari, Swarovski, USO sn-3, and have used Nightforce and S&B. I like different things about each optic. Prefer the glass on the Swaro, the value of the NF and the S&B has great glass, nice reticle and is well built. The USO has been my favorite. I have NO issue with the glass, I could beat a boar hog to death with it and expect it to perform as usual and most importantly, I got it just the way I wanted it. No other company can touch that one.

P.S. Don't care for the Diavari or any other Zeiss I've fondled. I know I'm special on this one but there is a distortion or ring around the edges that drives me nuts. My father is using it now and loves it.

what a let down with this huge discussion no mention of premier.

I have owned all but the hennsoldt which i have no doubt is a fantastic optic also. my only input is go with what works for you, if you like it and the scope has proven reliable don't worry about what others tell you to buy.

do i shoot better when i have a s&b on my rifle rather than a bushnell? honestly no practice makes you shoot better more than anything else. the only person that can make you truly happy with your choice is yourself so if you like it keep using it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a let down with this huge discussion no mention of premier.
</div></div>

laugh.gif

-I did trade a Premier 5-25 for the USO I ran over....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a let down with this huge discussion no mention of premier.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Premier 5-25x56. Less than the USO, FFP, fully illum reticle, available now, solid build and excellent value for money. </div></div>

Price is not a primary issue when choosing a scope.

Here's what I want in a scope, in order of priority:

1. A FFP reticle that subtends correctly and in Mils, with either half-Mil marks or the ability to parse to .2 Mils.

2. Adjustments that track properly and precisely.

3. A durable tube with a useable elevation adjustment range of 20 Mils.

4. At least 10x. Variable is nice, in the 4-16 range.

5. Generous eye relief.

6. Decent glass.

Price becomes an issue when you require items 1-3. Price becomes an obstacle when you require items 4-6.

As Rachel Carson wrote, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

this whole thread is horseshit! there is always one that starts a my gun is better than your gun shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price is not a primary issue when choosing a scope.

1. A FFP reticle that subtends correctly and in Mils, with either half-Mil marks or the ability to parse to .2 Mils.

5. Generous eye relief.

6. Decent glass.

Price becomes an issue when you require items 1-3. Price becomes an obstacle when you require items 4-6.

As Rachel Carson wrote, there's no such thing as a free lunch.</div></div>

Bingo! Although I would swap 1 and 2 and I like a larger variable
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price is not a primary issue when choosing a scope.

5. Generous eye relief.

6. Decent glass.

As Rachel Carson wrote, there's no such thing as a free lunch.</div></div>

Bingo! Although I would swap 1 and 2 and I like a larger variable
wink.gif
</div></div>

No argument here on that!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this whole thread is horseshit! there is always one that starts a my gun is better than your gun shit </div></div>Well, my gun IS better.

I own all 3, and if I win or loose, it's still not b/c of the scope...

Think about it, gear queers......
laugh.gif

i have not owend all the scopes in thie thread i have just reacently bougt a uso the first scope i have ever purcesed that was better than the bushnels i have used almost exclusivly until now i'm not sorry i spent the money and as far as customer service go's (((i was chating on this web site about the quoted time that i could expect to wait to receve my new PAID IN FULL sn-3 that i ordered from a dealer the owner of US optics PM'ed my that he had not receved i paid in full order that fit the description that my order was for and to make shure the order had not been miss placed and to see if i placed my order through a dealer))) see if any other company u.s. owend or not would give a shit to put the extra time and effort in checking about a post that untill then he didint even know if it was just some dip shit running of at the mouth on the internet or if it was a actual customer THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE THET YOU WILL NOT FIND AT ANY PRICE PERIOD.. AND THAT MADE SHURE I WILL BE A REPEAT CUSTOMER and im not rich i worked over time for 9 month to join this family! thanks
sn-3ptr107.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own all 3, and if I win or loose, it's still not b/c of the scope...

Think about it, gear queers......
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Best thing I've heard here in along while. So true, so true!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have not owend all the scopes in thie thread i have just reacently bougt a uso the first scope i have ever purcesed that was better than the bushnels i have used almost exclusivly until now i'm not sorry i spent the money and as far as customer service go's (((i was chating on this web site about the quoted time that i could expect to wait to receve my new PAID IN FULL sn-3 that i ordered from a dealer the owner of US optics PM'ed my that he had not receved i paid in full order that fit the description that my order was for and to make shure the order had not been miss placed and to see if i placed my order through a dealer))) see if any other company u.s. owend or not would give a shit to put the extra time and effort in checking about a post that untill then he didint even know if it was just some dip shit running of at the mouth on the internet or if it was a actual customer THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE THET YOU WILL NOT FIND AT ANY PRICE PERIOD.. AND THAT MADE SHURE I WILL BE A REPEAT CUSTOMER and im not rich i worked over time for 9 month to join this family! thanks</div></div>

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fx1 said:

That's horseshit...

i think not.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">again, have you owned compared all three?</div></div>

Have you?

I have shot with a Zeiss and a S&B and i know of someone who imported a USO who now has a PM2. that USO didnt even stay on his gun long enough for me to use it before he ebayed it off.

As i said there is nothing wrong with a USO but its not in the same league as Hendsoldt and S&B and the military contracts all over the world prove that dont they?

news flash the military don't always use the best , the fact that you keep saying things like that lead's me and probably a few other to believe your 12yr old with to much time on her hand's

they use what will get the job done adequate and with the lest amount of outlay i.e $

by the way USO have had Military contract's in the past ... and may do at this time I don't no , I have nothing to do with there business

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with NF , Hendsolt , S&B or any other high quality scope

I have used NF and S&B and like them and would love the opportunity to use a Hendsolt... but I like USO better ... I would not feel poorly equipped going into battle with any of the listed scopes

I am however saying I don't see your logic ..FX1 .... troll?

. Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtechgunman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All- I appreciate the input, I really do. I just ordered the NightForce. I am confident this will be a good match with my 700.

I have a badger base and rings, and a few other goodies coming as well.

Thanks once again, pics to follow this week. </div></div>

Many are very happy with SFP scopes. Just be sure to let us know the first time you hold your windage or elevation at the wrong power and miss an important shot on a hunt or a match that cost more than the money you saved......

I'm just a huge FFP fan-I'll never miss from a bad holdover or wind hold again. I did it more than once under pressure in the past and its a lesson I'm not willing to repeat.
Plus I've never had the pleasure of talking to the Owner/CEO of NF, but USO's is a pretty good dude-even if his techs wear flip flops
laugh.gif

End of the day what matters is what YOU are happy with and work best with, not the internet peanut gallery however.... </div></div>

I understand. However, the fact is, I won't be hunting, aside from maybe a little long range coyote hunting, I won't be doing anything but shooting this rifle at steel. I believe I made the right choice in regard to the two scopes because of this, dollar value aside.

I'm still planning on picking up a USO at some point. I'd like to replace my IOR with a USO eventually. But for this particular rifle, I think the NF was probably a better choice. You mileage may vary.

This is directed to the OP as info he may find useful, as I have no interest in debating anyone here about one scope vs. another. I own both a NF and a USO, so I feel I am qualified to offer an opnion based on owning both company's scope.

I have a USO SN3, 3.8-22 ERGO that I have owned for about a year and a half. It had to go back a couple times. First time was for minor issues (not built to order), and it was there 6 weeks. Second time was because after I went to the effort to check if the knobs and reticle were both IPHY as was represented, I found the knobs in IPHY and the reticle (RDP-MOA) was in True moa. Was there 5 weeks waiting for a reticle changeout, until I got tired of waiting, called, and then the next week it was on the way back to me. Now the knobs/reticle match and all is fine. They will jump through their ass to send you a free replacement if your Granny backs her 18-wheeler over yours and flattens it, but if you're just a guy who bought one of their scopes and they goof it, it can languish there for way too long when you send it back. Appears to me that making it right isn't as high a priority as other mfr's like NF.

I like it now, but for me, the process of getting there was not at all what I would call good customer service performance. I think if they are fixing an issue they caused, you should get head of the line priority on the fix (instead of new production getting the resource). If you send it in for an upgrade or whatever that you want, then I'd be ok with waiting that long.

My biggest concern about my USO scope is their QA/QC. How can a scope that is considerd world-class leave their facility after supposedly going through a QC check process that does not catch that the knobs/reticle are in diffferent systems? Are tracking checks done? The tracking checks that discovered this were the ones I did. Either they didn't do it, or didn't do it effectively enough, that I receive a $2,000+ scope with knobs/reticle that are not the same system and I have to figure it out with my own rudimentary, rigged-up methods? Others may think that is no big deal, but to me that is a huge deal. It leaves me wondering if their QC process is that weak, what else may have not been done right that I can't catch? YMMV, but for me, that is piss-poor for a scope of this expense.

I won't support German scope companies, or chi-comm (Leupold). So the last scope I bought was a NF. Zero issues, so admittedly I have not had to send one back to see how they do. I really like it a lot.

I really wanted to like USO, too, but I don't like the way they do things, considering I spent that much money and then I have to be the QC man, and then get the distinct feeling that they didn't care near as much as I did about fixing issues and returning it to me. As far as the scope itself...glass, options, etc....I really like it. I didn't get to keep my first choice reticle, since I'm funny about wanting matching knobs/reticle, but everything else about the scope is excellent, now that the issues seem resolved.

Plenty of people here had great experiences with USO, and good for them. I'm not saying you would have an experience like I did, but this is how it went for me, and being I'm not interested in taking a chance again, I will go with NF again next time I decide to buy a scope. Extra bonus is, as you said, NF is also less expensive. And I have more confidence it will stay good for the long term.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rain252</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is directed to the OP, as I have no interest in debating anyone else about one scope vs. another. I own both a NF and a USO, so I feel I am qualified to offer an opnion based on experience with both company's scope.

I have a USO SN-3.8-22 ERGO that I have owned for about a year and a half. It had to go back a couple times. First time was for minor issues (not built to order), and it was there 6 weeks. Second time was because after I went to the effort to check if the knobs and reticle were both IPHY as was represented, I found the knobs in IPHY and the reticle (RDP-MOA) was in True moa. Was there 5 weeks for that until I got tired of waiting, called, and then the next week it was on the way back to me. Now the knobs/reticle match and all is fine. They will jump through their ass to send you a free replacement if your Granny backs her 18-wheeler over yours and flattens it, but if you're just a guy who bought one of their scopes and they goof it, it can languish there for way too long when you send it back. Appears to me that making it right isn't as high a priority as other mfr's like NF.

I like it now, but for me, the process of getting there was not at all what I would call good customer service performance. I think if they are fixing an issue they caused, you should get head of the line priority on the fix. If you send it in for an upgrade or whatever that you want, then I'd be ok with waiting that long.

My biggest concern about my USO scope is their QA/QC. How can a scope that is considerd world-class leave their facility after supposedly going through a QC check process with the knobs/reticle in diffferent systems? Are tracking checks done? The tracking checks that discovered this were the ones I did. Either they didn't do it (or didn't do it effectively enough) that I receive a $2,000+ scope with knobs/reticle that are not the same system and I have to figure it out with my own rudimentary, rigged-up methods? Others may think that is no big deal, but to me that is a huge deal. It leaves me wondering if their QC process is that weak, what else was not properly checked that I can't catch? YMMV, but for me, that is piss-poor for a scope of this expense.

I won't support German scope companies. So my next scope was a NF. Zero issues, so admittedly I have not had to send one back to see how they do.

I really wanted to like USO, but I don't like the way they do things, considering I spent that much money and then I have to be the QC man, and then get the distinct feeling that they didn't care near as much as I did about fixing issues and returning it to me.

Plenty of people here had great experiences with USO, and good for them. I'm not saying you would have an experience like I did, but this is how it went for me, and being I'm not interested in taking a chance again, I will go with NF again next time I decide to buy a scope. Extra bonus is, as you said, NF is also less expensive. </div></div>

I had similar issues with 2 USO scopes (circa 2008), I seem to get blasted on as a hater (by the same 2-3 people) every time when I bring these issues up. Same deal for me where it seemed like fixing their own screw ups was a low priority for them taking several weeks to get my product back (and I'm only located about 20 miles from their shop). I ended up going NF and S&B and have had no problems since.

From what I have been told by reasonable non-fanboy USO-users I know is that they had a bad run in 2008 and 2009 where many scopes were slipping QC and the problem has now been fixed, maybe you bought your scope during that time and it would explain why we had issues.

Aside from the QC errors which may no longer be existent in their production lines, I can't see how I personally could justify a SN3 over a NF F1, other than having a custom reticle or wanting more magnification. The F1 is a cheaper scope, made in the USA and imo is better in every way feature wise.

How is that any different than Schmidt and Bender taking 6 weeks to fix a scope that was their fuckup also..Nighforce took a month to return a broken scope. Regardless of their lengthy times I think they are still great scopes. If your expecting a company to drop everything for you to satisfy your need I think thats unreasonable.Im currently waiting for aimpoint to fix my optic and im very appreciative they are gonna fix my old beat up optic unlike another company that told me im SOL. BTW FACT,USO is one of the few companies that will drop everything to fix and return a scope thats going into harms way. And thats no fanboy bullshit either.

Yup, mine was bought during that time frame also.

I hope they are better now as well.

The OP asked about NF and USO. I told my experience, which (to me) was poor with USO. Had I not gone to the trouble of tracking checks, I would still have a $2,000 USO with jacked up tracking, and $200 Nikons that are not.

I don't care what a kraut company does, as far as wait tme. I care what the company I paid a shit-load of money for a scope did. Or didn't do.

You're right sickeness, it really is true on talk forums, that if you say anything at all that is seen as negative by the lovers of a particular vendor, even if every word of what you are saying is the factual honest truth and your opinions about those facts, you will be tarred and feathered. Shouldn't be that way.

Sad thing about that, is that it tends to intimidate people from saying their experiences, which really are useful for other people. The way I see it, a company earns whatever truthful stuff is told about them. Nobody said anyone here has to agree with any of my opinions.

rain252 I am sorry if I came across as dumbass fanboy
I for one do not have a problem with your opinion as it is based on actual
experience or any one else that has had actual experience

I value input of someone who has had experience with whatever is being discussed

all product's have a certain amount QC issue's

but FX1 was not backing up his clame's with fact's

dbateman, no offense taken. You rightly pointed out that other high end makers also can have QC issues, and take a long time to fix a warranty issue. That's relevant, not fanboy bashing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trolls must be educated.</div></div>

no one needs your education, go pedal your wares without trying to piss in the fountain of knowledge with your sales patter.

you should come with a disclaimer.

The first funny part is this thread going to hell long after the OP made up his mind and went with another choice. Which is good. If you can't justify a purchase then don't do it.

The second funny part is everyone jumping in talking for/against their preference for a scope. Which is a ridiculous waste of everyone's time. We all know how these threads end.

The third funny part is EVERY scope producer will have models that end up taking a shit. It happens, and everyone on this forum knows it. USO, S&B, NF, Premier, Leupy, Zeiss, etc. I've seen them all crap out and am probably not the only one.

The only important attribute is how the company takes care of the problem. But, once again, EVERY company has at one point not given the greatest CS. That is why we rely on a proven track record over time. All of the above companies fix problems in a positive way 90% of the time, probably. So everyone needs to relax.

INTERNET SERIOUS BUISNESS. Best thing about forums, besides getting access to lots of good info, is the LAUGHS!!!

rainman out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trolls must be educated.</div></div>

no one needs your education, go pedal your wares without trying to piss in the fountain of knowledge with your sales patter.

you should come with a disclaimer.</div></div>

What do my extremely high quality "wares" or sponsorship to this site have anything to do with your not know jack shit about anything your talking about.

Lets hear an opinion from you that your not copying and pasting from somewhere else.....