• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trouble with shooting an LPVO at 1x with both eyes open

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
I am left eye dominant and purchased a SB 1-8 Dual CC. One the CC setting when I try to look through it with both eyes open it feels like my brain is trying to rectify two images for both eyes. I have set the diopter to what seems to be correct but I was wondering if there are any other scope related tricks to try. (e.g. Moving the scope farther forward or back.)

It is mounted on a SR-25 in a 1.93 scalarworks mount. The height seems comfortable.

I am left eye dominant and purchased a SB 1-8 Dual CC. One the CC setting when I try to look through it with both eyes open it feels like my brain is trying to rectify two images for both eyes. I have set the diopter to what seems to be correct but I was wondering if there are any other scope related tricks to try. (e.g. Moving the scope farther forward or back.)

It is mounted on a SR-25 in a 1.93 scalarworks mount. The height seems comfortable.

Remember the image parallax of the CC mode is 7 yards(or meters?). I’m not sure that makes a difference for those tuning the diopter on 1-1.1x of an optic that is fixed at 100(or whatever). At the end of the day, it’s still an image coming through several convex and concave lenses and that it can not physically be as forgiving under as many conditions as an Eotech or aimpoint in that respect…no matter how much cash we dump on features.