• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Troy DOA BUIS question

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Ok I purchased a set of the new DOA Troy sites and I had my eyes checked not long ago and they were perfect so any ideas why the rear aperture is blurry when looking through the sites?
    Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have ran irons before and love the troy sites so I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues seeing the Di-optic Aperture? I am thinking I just need to get used to them is all but I didn't think they would be this much of a change. Any input would be great, Thanks ahead of time.

Strangedays

Re: Troy DOA BUIS question

Since the human eye can't focus on the aperture,the front sight, and the target at the same time, something is going to be blurry. I try to focus on the front sight or try to alternate between focusing on the front sight and the target. Whichever way I try to give myself a migraine, the aperture is always blurry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clear front sigh.

ALWAYS

The rear aperture should be blurry, as should the target. </div></div>

This

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clear front sigh.

ALWAYS

The rear aperture should be blurry, as should the target. </div></div>

This </div></div>
    Thanks everyone I guess the reason I noticed this on these sights is the larger aperture than normal. I am so used to using the old style that I didn't notice it as much with them. Thanks for all the input just wanting to make sure the eyes weren't going south.