• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Troy Ind claymore muzzle brake?

Re: Troy Ind claymore muzzle brake?

I understand that having one on your truck of car in Virginia will get you stopped by the police. Don't quote me on this, i just herd about it at the gun shop. MM

I believe he is talking about the muzzle device for an AR15

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe he is talking about the muzzle device for an AR15</div></div>

Yes

I wasn't familiar with Levang until now, but it looks very similiar. I was told it would make a significant difference from my current RRA tactical brake. I'm just wanting to confirm that it is a faint muzzle blast and not effecting your eyes at night? I'll find out soon enought however when I go to a class next month.

I had one on an MSAR, and would say it is only good at one thing: directing blast away from the shooter. I seem to remember getting some pretty good fireballs out of it in low light, so not so good as a flash suppressor.

I emailed them about it and was told it increases back pressure so good for a pistol build maybe. I have mainly A2 and YHM 'flash hiders' on my ARs and the YHM seems to do a little better but not by much.

They work great on a 7.5" 5.56MM Noveske barrel:

IMG_1427.JPG

Less weight, length and cost than a Noveske KX3, plus superior flash suppression. I do question just to how many rounds it will hold up to such a brutal application.

Good shooting,

Wes Grant
MSTN

Ok, so I have a claymore on two rifles. I have one on a 556 patrol rifle and one on a 6.8 hunting rifle. I like the claymore. There are some things about it I do not like.

1. The price.
2. If some one decided to try some stupid shit they should get a muzzle strike from the claymore and it'd definitely hurt, but that is all the teeth on the end are good for. This is what else the teeth on the end will do. It will snag on everything it touches ie... soft cases, clothes, walls, doors, people, the rifle's sling etc...

Here is my next levang/claymore style muzzle device and it is cheaper in price, not quality.
BlastMaster

As far as recoil, muzzle rise they (levang styles) work great. There is some flash, but with good ammo you will probably not notice it at night. If you are shooting at night/ in the dark how do you see the target. If I am shooting at night I will used a strobe or forearm mounted light, so loosing night vision from shooting is less of a problem.

I'm running one on a Noveske 7.5" 5.56. I originally had a Noveske KX3 (Krink style), but it was too big for what I wanted the rifle for. The cost was up there as well. The Noveske KX3 worked better for recoil, flash reduction and concussion reduction. The Claymore still works well, but not as good as the Noveske.