• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Troy vs PRI front flip up H&K style sites?

jn_fsu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2011
South Texas
I need to pick up a folding front site. I've used both the A2 site and H&K style. The H&K style I find my eye likes more and I currently have one on another rifle. Now I want one that mounts to my rail on another rifle. I'm looking at both Troy and PRI. Anyone have experience/knowledge using either?
Thanks

Re: Troy vs PRI front flip up H&K style sites?

Both are of excellent quality/durability/functionality, however, the Troys are very nice and generally cost a fair bit less than the PRI sights. You can get the Troys as a set, but I've never seen the PRI's offered any way but s singles which seems to keep the cost up.

There are other "HK" style sight options, but it all comes down to what specifically you want/need in a BUIS and your budget.

Looks like you have a Troy so I'd stick with a Troy front sight. As others have said, quality is a flip of a coin. BTW, that's a great looking rig - love the PWS buffer tube!

Thanks everyone! I currently have a Troy DOA flip up rear sight on it right now. The rifle (pictured in my signature)used to have an A2 front site before I removed it in favor of a low pro gas block and longer rail.I've looked at several options so far.The Troy and PRI seem to be better built by appearance. I mainly wondered if there was an advantage/disadvantage to using a fully shrouded front site?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonthomps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you have a Troy so I'd stick with a Troy front sight. As others have said, quality is a flip of a coin. BTW, that's a great looking rig - love the PWS buffer tube! </div></div>
Thanks it's still a work in progress. I have 2 PWS buffer tubes, there's another rifle that I'm building with one also.

Look at the LWRC Skirmish sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jn_fsu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks everyone! I currently have a Troy DOA flip up rear sight on it right now. The rifle (pictured in my signature)used to have an A2 front site before I removed it in favor of a low pro gas block and longer rail.I've looked at several options so far.The Troy and PRI seem to be better built by appearance. I mainly wondered if there was an advantage/disadvantage to using a fully shrouded front site? </div></div>
Ya there's a big advantage to the shrouded fs, the hood makes centering the sights a breeze. After trying them you'll wonder how you got along before.

I am a big fan of the PRI fronts, and I use the GG&G MAD rear, the whole circle makes a huge aiming point for close in. The Combination of GG&G rear Eo tech and PRI front. The circles line up and hold the dot in the center, easy to zero and co-witness and easy to shoot.

I own both and have used both a fair amount. Both are great as far as durability and function. They're both really good quality pieces of kit. If you like the hood then by all means get the PRI. The only disadvantage to that front sight is that it's hard to adjust without tools. I'm guilty of using a green tip to adjust my front sight and the PRI makes it borderline impossible. I feel like my eyes like the Troy or standard style A2 front sight post. I'm actually going to retire my PRI for that reason. Either way you can't go wrong. Since you're running a magnified optics I would try some KAC offset flip ups. They're hard to get ahold of but that's what I've been running. If you plan on running a red dot or EOTECH I'd go with Troy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the LWRC Skirmish sights. </div></div>
I'm kinda liking the LWRC Skirmish sight. From the description it's built more solid then the other two. Hows the build quality of LWRC? Also has anyone used them and one of the others to offer a comparison or feedback?