• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Truck bed lift for motorcycles?

david walter

Insightful commentator
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
Out west, but not too far west
Not sure where to ask this question?

Anyone know of a truck bed (F-350 8’ bed) lift that will hold two motorcycles?

We’re debating a toy hauler vs. getting a bed lift and sticking with our current RV.

My google-fu is weak on this, only able to find single motorcycle versions.

The two motorcycles will be Honda Africa Twins (550 lbs each) or a couple of Honda 400 dirt bikes.

You could buy a good quality folding aluminum ramp (something like this, but a cheaper one should work for your bikes too) and push or ride them up into the bed. If your bed height is too high, back the truck into a low spot on your property (ditch, etc). I've been doing that for years with no problems even with low-slung street bikes. Your tall bikes should be a piece of cake.

Now if you're looking for an excuse to buy a nice new toy hauler, I'll delete this post pronto. Just let me know. (y);)

just get some ramps and a cheap wench from harbor freight. get the longer ramps, it will help. there is a video on youtube that's helpful.
xdeano

I have a great ramp. It’s more about there being enough room in the bed for two bikes. Something that takes them a little higher, and avoids the wheel wells, would help.