• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Truck help true mpg

My ‘13 F350 drw crew cab 4x4 has averaged 13.2 in the last 55,000 miles. Spends a lot of its life in the 25-32,000gcvw range though.

‘07 dodge sprinter long wheel base high roof, last 5,000 miles has averaged 18.4 mpg. Over half that is highway speed which makes the mileage tank for this one.

‘15 GMC 1500 crew 4x4 5.3L over last 21,000 miles averaged 14.5. Almost all town running.

‘00 Ecursion 7.3 4x4 over its life with me of 159,000 miles averaged 16.2 even though it had a lot of engine work and a little bigger tires.

‘16 GMC 2500 6.0L crew 4x4 over 6,000 miles averaged 10.1 with most town running. FIL didn’t keep this one long because of the shit mileage and he didn’t need the 3/4 rough ride for a putt around town truck
Considering your 350 is pulling often that is a good number.
Our best average over several years hunting out west is 12.4.
Not near that heavy though.

R

Reactions: Geno C.
2017 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4, 5.3L, 3.42 gears, bone stock.

For pure interstate driving at 75mph I see 22mpg, for mixed driving that is 60% interstate @ 65mph +/-5 I normally see 20.5mpg when temps are above 45F and 19.5mpg when temps are below 45F (and idling to warm up obviously takes that down even more).

Pulling a 32' travel trailer at roughly 13k GCWR, 10.5mpg is typical on mostly flat to gently rolling interstate @ 65-70mph.

Long term mileage calculated the old fashioned way is the only thing truly worth looking at. Every vehicle I've had since they started putting trip computers in them has overstated mileage.

Long term mileage calculated the old fashioned way is the only thing truly worth looking at. Every vehicle I've had since they started putting trip computers in them has overstated mileage.

Completely agree. Almost every guy I know says they get 20+ mpg with their truck, but all rely on the computer for that number.

And winter time idling to warm it up (along with the remote starter) kills mileage for me this time of year.

Looked at dodge 1500 this weekend guy said they don't make the eco diesel anymore anyone know why??

The new Ram 1500 will get the EcoDiesel, but they won't be offered in the new bodystyle until later this year...

After deleting and tuning my dually it’s actually the first one to understate the mileage.

Reactions: Waorani
I drive a 2016 f150 5.0 2wd for work and get 19.5 mpg
Personal truck 2016 f150 fx4 and get 16.5 with mild performance enhancement.

2015 F250 6.7 PowerSmack. I "can" get 18+ around town....but I rarely do. If I have power, and the PowerSmack has it in spades, I'm gonna thump it. "Joe's" typical driving gets 17.5 solid, all the time, every day, and twice on Sunday.
Every trip I've taken nets 20+. If my wife drives, she usually gets that truck to get a solid 23, but I can't drive like that.
If you use cruise in that big turbo bitch, your mileage will actually suffer, unless you are driving accross Kansas. I actually got 23.4 going accross Kansas, but I'm almost positive we had a tailwind. I didn't get that milage going back east, which I thought was strange.

As has been stated, turbo equipped vehicles are pressure slaves. Kick that turbo up, and there goes your mileage. In my rig, speed kills, I've found my greatest mileage around 65mph, everything above that knocks it back in a parabolic curve.

If you need power, you'll have to sacrifice a little mpg.

Reactions: wh20crazy