• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Truck tires

I like the cooper st maxx quite a bit. Last well, pretty quiet and good traction and looks. Duratracs are pretty good too, but towing heavy they move around alot. I went with nitto terra grappler for my last set and they are absolutely the worst tires I have ever owned. Terrible traction, hard to keep balanced, and they are pretty noisy for a mild tire.

Reactions: jakelly
30 plus years of construction and I’ve bought lots of truck tires. Recently bought the Falken Wildpeaks AT3, they maybe the best tire I’ve ever run. You should check them out, there very responsible as well.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
Hankook Dynapro AT/M have been my go to for the last truck and 2 sets on the current F250. I get good mileage {60k or better) out of 'em and they go in everything up to 16" of snow. I've tried Goodyear, BFG, and Cooper to no avail, keep coming back to the Hankooks

I have BFG T/As on my Bronco and CJ5 and love them. My Tacoma came with a set of Wranglers and they give me 'oh shit' moments in the rain. Cant wait to be rid of them.

I’ve got Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s on my truck. They come in a variety of sizes. We just had 12” of snow here in Seattle and while EVERYONE was snowed in, the wife and I were driving all over the place comfortably in my truck. Tires did amazing in the snow and ice, and they are just as quiet at highway speeds as summer radials

Reactions: DocHolliday01
FYI, the tires that come stock on most trucks are different versions of the tires normally sold. Many have several ⅛" less tread. This reduces weight and helps the test drive feel much more 'spirited'. There may also be differences in compound but I'm not sure about that.

I find it cheapest to try tires by finding new tires on CL that OEM buyers are 'upgrading'.

Maxxis Bighorn MT's on my 4x4. Good wet road traction, excellent mud/snow. Only minor road noise. Wear well. Took them thru MOAB no sweat.

I like the cooper st maxx quite a bit. Last well, pretty quiet and good traction and looks. Duratracs are pretty good too, but towing heavy they move around alot. I went with nitto terra grappler for my last set and they are absolutely the worst tires I have ever owned. Terrible traction, hard to keep balanced, and they are pretty noisy for a mild tire.
I gross around 32k quite a lot and don’t have a problem with them moving around... when I’m towing I keep the filled to their max psi though so I can get their full load rating.
Now this one had Bridgestone Revo 2 on it when I bought it and they weren’t bad for a road tire in rain and light snow but once you get off the beaten path a bit they don’t compare to these

Yokohama geolanders. Great traction, wear like iron, quiet, and aren't stupid expensive.

I'm more than pleased with my Bridgestone Duelers. I've been in the Auto Industry almost all of my working life and have seen more people unhappy with Goodyear tires by a landslide than any other brand. Saddens me as I loved their Polyglass GT's on my GTOs' until BFG came out with their Radial TA's in the '70's.

IMHO and what I see at work, Michelin is number one, but a lot of people here are running trucks and loads far heavier than me, so there are obviously other Brands/models that are very good as well.

I keep buying Cooper STs and STTs. I like them more than the Wranglers and BFGs I’ve had. They last better with better traction and fewer flats, ymmv.

Reactions: Bender
I have tried about all brands of off-road tires from BFG to both gens of the pro-comp MT1 and MT2 and one set of nitto and have found my new favorite.
The firestone MT--2 has impressed from day one and has good road manners and is excellent off-road.
Definitely worth a look.

I gross around 32k quite a lot and don’t have a problem with them moving around... when I’m towing I keep the filled to their max psi though so I can get their full load rating.View attachment 7034741Now this one had Bridgestone Revo 2 on it when I bought it and they weren’t bad for a road tire in rain and light snow but once you get off the beaten path a bit they don’t compare to these
I'm single rear wheel though. I liked the tires, just not towing heavy. Even at max psi, it would wiggle around a bit which didnt happen with the tires before them, or after. In snow they are awesome Probably the best I have had honestly.

Reactions: Geno C.
I’m a Duratrac fan. 285/70/r17 D-Rated on my ‘11 1500 Silverado. They are wonderful in snow, slush, ice, heavy rain, you name it. I’m in MI so we don’t have hot weather year-round or anything, I think the people warmer climates get less life out of them due to the cold weather compound. They are 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake rated and it shows.

Mine are getting close to wearing out the sipes now at 45,000 miles. I’m going to buy 5 and have a full size spare before next winter.

There are a few reviews about balancing issues, I would buy them through a reputable dealer who will take care of you in the event you get a lumpy one. My dad had one on his Ranger when he switched to Duratracs. My brother has no issues with his set on his Burb.

Reactions: Steel+Killer