• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater True Detective

I have no idea how this series is going to end, but I wish it wouldn't. This is some of the best TV I have watched. I wouldn't be amazed if it was the drunk reverend who quit his job though. He was kind of off since the first time he was introduced. I haven't had the opportunity to rewatch any episodes though. I could be missing good clues.

I think Audreys grandfather is implicated somehow, and portrayed as a wealthy man. The great thing about this show is that every single scene has clues. It's like, every minute of the show is a piece of the puzzle.

Agreed though it seems weird to me, we've only seen him once. I guess Maggie just wouldn't know? I refuse to believe Maggie is in on it even if her father is somehow connected. That would be a out of nowhere twist with no evidence to support her stance otherwise. Audrey has to be involved given those pictures. Or maybe we're thinking way too into it. By involved i really mean either been victimized or will become a victim. Going to go with the former on that statement though.

I have no idea how this series is going to end, but I wish it wouldn't. This is some of the best TV I have watched. I wouldn't be amazed if it was the drunk reverend who quit his job though. He was kind of off since the first time he was introduced. I haven't had the opportunity to rewatch any episodes though. I could be missing good clues.

The drunk was a pupil of Billy Lee Tuttle and witnessed child abuse or sexual assault during his upcoming as a reverend. Billy Lee Tuttle or the Tuttles are behind it all. Which has been revealed as Rust is finally connecting the dots. The missing persons that attended or lived around schools/churches funded by the Tuttles as well as the nail on the head: Marie's snuff video along with pictures of her being raped/murdered. He's the big guy who is the the governor's cousin. The one who trys to bring the task force on and also mentions investigating crimes with an "anti-christian connotation" as well as some "spiritual war" going on despite what everyone knows or believes. Rust also talks to him in Episode 6.

The serial/ritualistic killings lies tradition with the Tuttles starting with Sam, Billy's father. It's been going on a long long time. The actual killer who we see in Episode 3 (we don't know this yet) and Episode 7 is a relative of the Tuttle's of the Childress family, i believe his name is Errol. None the less "Carcosa" and "The Yellow King" will come to light in this finale. Though i think they both refer to concepts more so than people. According to the writer we know there isn't going to be some super natural ending either, which is good IMO as it wouldn't suite the show.

Now how Maggie's father or Audrey is connected to the finale i'm unsure of and really it would be a pretty huge surprise to find out that her father is connected. Though of the scene we met him in he was kind of a bitter person.

Last edited:
I must have missed an episode somewhere, or I just haven't paid close enough attention to put it all together. The episode this Sunday is the finale? I can't believe it is ending so soon.

I love this show and all of the intrigue involved. I just hope the clues we are fed aren't just experiments that the writers of the show are conducting that may never come to a resolution. If any of you watched "Lost", you know what I'm talking about.

***SPOILERS***

Too some extent yes, but since neither main character is dead i have my hopes of them being in a second season together. One question that just wasn't answered was why in God's name did Errol display Dora Lang like that? What was the reason to showcase her and get the police investigating in the cult? I mean if they had been doing this for generations: which is inferred. Why throw it all away?

It was low key to say the least and should've been longer but it wasn't a bad finale. Ultimately the show wasn't about the perp, it was about the two detectives and their relationships with one another. It was as funny as it was peculiar that these two men were polar opposite and on the verge of despising each other; yet when they weren't together solving crimes they were essentially in a void of despair.

****SPOILER ALERT*********SPOILER ALERT***********SPOILER ALERT*******************SPOILER ALERT******************

Alright alright alright! The season's over, and no one expected Rust and Marty to survive. I liked the finale: strong conclusion, no jackassery, and some level of redemption for both leads, though Rust clearly would have rather died. The ending was way cleaner than I thought it would be, but I felt in some ways the end was an homage to the noir movies with old detectives fighting good and evil. It was a throwback to a much earlier crime drama error, but I liked it.

Still, I wonder what they'll do without Harrelson and McConaughey. Those kids crushed their respective roles. Season 2 is a long way away...

All I can say is this was one of the best series I have seen in a long time. Wish it would have been a little longer, but I think the ending wrapped things up pretty well. Glad the two of them survived. I think it is some of Harrelson's and McConaughey's best acting to date.

Where did everyone hear that they would be gone the second season?

I agree it's a phenomenal series. I'm not convinced McConaughey and Harrelson are off yet. As Bubba states they've done so well to replace them will hurt the show. If it does end here with those two the finale will remain a little underwhelming for me. I still have questions. I'm starting to think this isn't the end of Rust & Marty. So far the greatest finale i've ever seen was Breaking Bad.

I agree that this was about two completely different personalities interacting, the story was intriguing but secondary to the personal dynamics.

Harrelson and McConaughey could pull off a story about janitors arguing about who is going to mop and who's going to sweep...

HBO as to bring them back!

I agree it's a phenomenal series. I'm not convinced McConaughey and Harrelson are off yet. As Bubba states they've done so well to replace them will hurt the show. If it does end here with those two the finale will remain a little underwhelming for me. I still have questions. I'm starting to think this isn't the end of Rust & Marty. So far the greatest finale i've ever seen was Breaking Bad.

Fuck yeah, Breaking Bad is still the frontrunner for best finale ever.

RIP Heisenberg!

Thanks for the spoiler.

If you don't know the ending of BB, then you've avoided every major entertainment outlet for months. And for the record **SPOILER**, Bruce Willis is a ghost in The Sixth Sense.

If you don't know the ending of BB, then you've avoided every major entertainment outlet for months. And for the record **SPOILER**, Bruce Willis is a ghost in The Sixth Sense.

And Astronauts George Taylor is on earth!
iconic-scenes-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

Next you guys are going to tell me the titanic sank or something don't ruin it for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Excellent show..over done..these guys are not coming back. A new season with different actors and self contained episodes is in the making. Same title but different place, different actors... as I understand it.

I'm pretty sure she's available Frank!
Won't know if you don't ask...

You want to make flowers?
:D
puke.gif

Last edited:
For those seeking deeper meaning in the series:

Carcosa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The King in Yellow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The One Literary Reference You Must Know to Appreciate ?True Detective

Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.

Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

—"Cassilda's Song" in The King in Yellow Act 1, Scene 2

19fp0h47gwafzjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Some big names are being thrown around for Season 2 of True Detective, Brad Pitt is one of them, HBO is waiting on the next story from nic Pizzolatto.

The moment of greatest anxiety for me: "Marty, clear the house!" Dude, why don't you help your buddy clear an unknown multi-story house before heading out into the open? Fine, totally split up and do your own thing with no commo....Gagggghhhh!

Brad Pitt is one of them

That's kind of a bad omen IMO; next thing you know he'll be paired with Clooney or Harrison Ford or something stupid. I really liked the first season, I just want the second to have the same feel and not sell out so much as it gains popularity. We'll see though...

The moment of greatest anxiety for me: "Marty, clear the house!" Dude, why don't you help your buddy clear an unknown multi-story house before heading out into the open? Fine, totally split up and do your own thing with no commo....Gagggghhhh!

I noticed that too. I was like, "Woah... that's going to work out really well for them in the near future."

That's kind of a bad omen IMO; next thing you know he'll be paired with Clooney or Harrison Ford or something stupid. I really liked the first season, I just want the second to have the same feel and not sell out so much as it gains popularity. We'll see though...

Agreed, I liked the gritty, dark feel of this first season.

This serial made really a great impression for me. Matthew McConaughey is amazing actor.

Blackops_2, nice videos)

Just finished it . I waited to get all the episodes recorded and just set-down and watched all way through non stop . Was a little apprehensive at 1st with the Woody & McConaughey thing but went through with it .

What ever preconception I had about Harrelson's Pot smoking, Bio-fuel endorsing ass and his past roles, plus McConaughey past weak screen parts just went out the window about 3 episodes deep . Harrelson's and McConaughey just Nailed It Solid on there deliverance . Was good high budget HBO and surprisingly great with those 2 together with the story and writing .

I hope the Lead Actors & storys they got lined-up in the upcoming 2nd & 3rd seasons can keep-up, as they got big shoes to fill following the 1st .

One part I think they really did a good job with was the firefight in the ghetto. Although Ive never been shot at, that scene really felt like you were in Rust`s shoes in that house and could just feel the tension building as he started to lose control and the "plan" going sideways. You`d have to be a reckless son of a b!tch to go into a shootout with a group of guys who`s only other option for an escape route was to "fu(k it in the a$$" and I think it captured that pretty well.

I just watched them all straight through. man, that was FANTASTIC! I'm so bummed out it's over.

It'd be nice if they stay with shooting film for future seasons like they did with season 1.

It'd be nice if they stay with shooting film for future seasons like they did with season 1.

That's how they get this top tier actors. Those guys won't sign up for multiple seasons.

And I don't agree. Its refreshing to see stuff that is solid from start to finish. Too many shows get weak over the years.

That's how they get this top tier actors. Those guys won't sign up for multiple seasons.

And I don't agree. Its refreshing to see stuff that is solid from start to finish. Too many shows get weak over the years.

I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about, I was referring to shooting it on film vs shooting it on digital. Season 1 of "True Detective" was shot on 35mm film.

I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about, I was referring to shooting it on film vs shooting it on digital. Season 1 of "True Detective" was shot on 35mm film.

Sorry, that blew right by me.

I don't think I can tell the difference between film and digital:)

I enjoyed it and saw all the episodes and now am watching "Life". I think if you enjoyed this show you would enjoy "Life".

Actually the ONLY thing that is not realistic is the beauty of the women who play parts in the "Life". Not that I am complaining just I do not run into such absolutely beautiful woman every day, then I also do not live in Beverly Hills.

Actually the ONLY thing that is not realistic is the beauty of the women who play parts in the "Life". Not that I am complaining just I do not run into such absolutely beautiful woman every day, then I also do not live in Beverly Hills.

I've spent time in Beverly Hills. Smokin hot women all over the place.