• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Trunk Monkey .308 Build

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Smokin99 (chris) from Youngs Guns,is building up a .308 Trunk Monkey Gun. 18" Barrel,#7 Contour Mcgowen, 1/10t, Rem 700 Action,Blue Printed and Trued,Custom Fluted Bolt and one off Bolt Knob,Manners T5A Stock.Timney Trigger. Here's the Barrel. First rounds fired.

Re: Trunk Monkey .308 Build

What fluting is that, 360 or maybe even 480 degree?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fluting is that, 360 or maybe even 480 degree? </div></div>

Looks like about 1200 deg. over 12 inches. Just a guess.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

Paul did the fluting for us on this barrel along with the bolt, this setup should turn some heads when its all complete.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hntbambi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, the rifling is supposed to be inside the barrel. </div></div>

Now that's funny !! What's the twist rate ?

Weighed in at 11lbs after fluting, around 12.5lbs before. Might have to put some rounds threw her and show it off alittle at a match this weekend.

Paul's (boltfluting.com) fluting is outstanding work.....A++++

Rifle looks great Smokin, I bet it shoots real good like all the rifles y'all build.

That's a shooter and a looker. Great job Chris. Cool toy Dave.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

wow the finished gun looks great can't wait to see it in person

I really should stop looking at these pictures. I have a feeling that my bank account is about to scream at me...bank account and wife

I really like the paint job. That's almost too nice to be a trunk monkey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMS Burly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really should stop looking at these pictures. I have a feeling that my bank account is about to scream at me...bank account and wife </div></div>

I have the same problem! Every upgrade I do I'm telling myself, "This should do it for a while."