• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors trust backround check?

huntinggamo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2010
Northern Colorado, United States
so when i have a trust with me and my wife on it and i only sign the form 4 does the examiner run just my name for a backround check buth of ours? or neither because it is a trust? can i add new people to my trust at any time? if they do run both names does it take longer?

Re: trust backround check?

you can add several people I know, my brother and a few others are om mine, but im not sure who all they check, I know they also must be 21

that might be another problem i did not think about, im 22 my wife is 19, do i have to wait till she is 21 to add her to the trust then? if so is there no way for her to use my can legaly while im not there. say im out of town working and she wants to go to a LR match? has anyone added people to there trust AFTER they have got there form 4 back? if so what was required?

You are buying the suppressor as trustee of your trust and assigning it to the trust using an assignment sheet. Your wife cannot have access to the suppressor, except when you or another trust member are present, until she is 21, therefore she can't be on the trust until she is 21.

You can add people to the trust, as co-trustees/settlers, at anytime, but since it is a NFA trust, they must be of legal age, and meet all other legal requirements to be in possession - non felon, etc.

Legally she can't even have access to the safe that the NFA item is stored in until she is NFA legal and a co trustee of the trust.

I recommend you go through a lawyer with knowledge and experience in NFA trusts. My Son and I went that route and it was worth every cent.

It is also recommended that only NFA items be assigned to the trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huntinggamo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so when i have a trust with me and my wife on it and i only sign the form 4 does the examiner run just my name for a backround check buth of ours? or neither because it is a trust? can i add new people to my trust at any time? if they do run both names does it take longer? </div></div>

No. A trust is an entity not a person. You cant background check a piece of legal documentation.

that was my understanding when we set mine up, my class 3 dealer set it up for me for free, and there is no background check, no fingerprinting, no passport photo bullshit sheriffs signature etc....... but same rules/laws still apply, no one under 21, no felons, blah blah blah