• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trust question

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Looking into setting up a trust for the purchase of a suppressor.

Talking with a friend about this. And he asked me if you can walk into a gun shop and buy a firearm under the trust?

This would be in Utah

Thanks

Re: Trust question

as an FFL... not that I know of, but you can transfer it to the trust after you buy it... here in Oklahoma anyway

but even when you buy a suppressor on a trust, I still have to do a 4473 to transfer it to you, and log it out to you... as the representative of the trust

If you do decide to go with a trust, I used gunstrustlawyer.com and they set me up with everything. They also provide assistance from there on out if you have any questions or if you get into any legal trouble from the trust.

Really helpful people.

I can think of many reasons to get one and only one not to, cost.

If you look up the true legal implications between having one and not, there are many upsides to the trust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tempest 455</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can think of many reasons to get one and only one not to, cost.

If you look up the true legal implications between having one and not, there are many upsides to the trust. </div></div>

This is true, cost of my trust ran around $700. But the CLEO will not sign off in my area, so I have little choice.

The cost of the trust is offset by avoiding the cost and hassle of fingerprints/ picture each time if you get multiple items. I thought I was just getting one item, man was I wrong, class 3 is addicting!!

The trust is also very valuable for its original intended purpose in protecting and distributing your assets in the event of your death. Specifically, puts the beneficiary in a better position to legally sell/transfer your NFA items.