• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Truth in advertising, Ashbury Intl

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
I was comparing chassis stock LOP designs and cruised over to the Ashbury site.
I was surprised by the "night" photos they are using to promote the ASW338LM.

AshburyIntl_ASW_Precision_Sniper_Rifle_2.jpg

AshburyIntl_ASW_Precision_Sniper_Rifle_3.jpg

Re: Truth in advertising, Ashbury Intl

What's the point of having the suppressor then........LOL!

Not sure Surefire would like those pictures promoting their can.....

I just visited the website & they have already changed the picture with the one using the suppressor to a small/ tiny muzzle flash...LOL

They musta poured gunpowder straight into that suppressor to get a flash like that!

I didn't edit before I posted.
I meant to blame the art department for the enhancement.
Then again, I haven't fired a 20" 338 at night so who am I to comment.

As I was the one doing the shooting for the pics, they are indeed accurate. That is a 20" .338 LM shooting Hornady factory 250 gr ball, cold bore. The second photo is without the suppressor. The photos on the website are the same, no one has edited anything. There are other photos from that shoot that have less flash, the second shot for example is greatly reduced with the can.

That flash is very short in duration, I don't even get a flare in the NVG. It's quite a bit less with the 27" gun. Given the volume of powder being used, what did you expect? A 20" .308 is one thing, a 20" .338LM is a whole different beast.