• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRX Fitness System

tschultz

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2008
CT
Anyone have any experience with using the TRX Suspension System. they claim that it was developed by ex seal??. base gym has just purchased several sets and is starting classes this month. looking to see if anyone is using it, and what you think

Re: TRX Fitness System

From Military.com:

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/trx-suspension-training

"The TRX was invented by a former Navy SEAL to help his teammates exercise when deployed. His idea has now turned into a multi-million dollar business and created a revolutionary fitness device that is the future of functional training for everyone, including military special ops, law enforcement, fire fighters and athletic performance training as well. See the TRX Banner for more information."

They charge a lot of money for that.

I built the functional equivalent using a pair of cargo tiedowns for $15 for two from Lowe's, a piece of PVC pipe, a locking carabiner, and some leftover rope. Put a loop of rope around a tree, pole, or something similar to hang it from.

The exercise routines are online, if you need some.

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

Im not saying that these cannot be helpful, and dont have a place. Stuff like this is very beneficial, especially for physical therapy. Nothing new has been invented here, and anyone who has or knows someone who has gone through physical therapy will see this.

We live in a world now where people are constantly looking for an alternative, better way. Unfortunately, this can have a negative impact on the fitness world. Our human form has not changed in years, so the rules to getting it strong have not changed either. A healthy diet, and hard work. Spend your money on a gym membership. If you dont have a gym available, use this money towards a combination pull-up/dip bar.

I used this everyday and it is the best workout equipment. I'm hoping to be sponsored by TRX for my jiu jitsu goals. The work outs may seem simple bur you will feel the pain in muscle you did not think you have. The TRX works mainly your core and stability muscles. It's good for strengt but not for weight gain though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They charge a lot of money for that.

I built the functional equivalent using a pair of cargo tiedowns for $15 for two from Lowe's, a piece of PVC pipe, a locking carabiner, and some leftover rope. Put a loop of rope around a tree, pole, or something similar to hang it from.

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg
</div></div>

i made the same thing, but i loved it so much that I bought the thing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fokai_zach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They charge a lot of money for that.

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg
</div></div>

i made the same thing, but i loved it so much that I bought the thing </div></div>

Lindy....even cheaper:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00041048

My kids love them and yes they support my body weight for ring dips.