• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to decide on AI rifle.

DirtyDoc

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2022
Kentucky
Hello all new to the forum. I have gotten in my head that I want an AI rifle. If I go new I have decided on a New AT. But I have also been cruising GunBroker and found two that might be worth the bids. One is a Mk1 .308 and looks pretty decent but no history so maybe a new barrel, I also found an AT LE in 308. My decision I have to make is, while I may be able to get either of these cheaper than a new one, not by much. I'm wondering if I should just spend the extra to get brand new. I'll post some pictures and prices below.

LE listing

Mark 1.
Is starting at 3000
But it has seen some use.
I attached some pictures I asked the seller for

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-135802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-135802_Chrome.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 78
  • attachment-4.jpeg
    attachment-4.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 73
  • attachment-3.jpeg
    attachment-3.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 64
  • attachment-2.jpeg
    attachment-2.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 68
  • attachment-1.jpeg
    attachment-1.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
I'd bypass the AE MK I, II, III model and go for an AT. If you're like me one of the draws to an AI rifle is because it looks like an AI. The AT looks like an AI, the AE MK I does not.

The Gunbroker ad shows an AT with a folding stock. It has a shorter 308 barrel and the optional mount for night vision.

$3k for a Mk1 is way too high.

Mile High Shooting accessories sometimes has demo models that are discounted. Check their Gunbroker auctions or give them a call.

I noticed that I didn't write what I was trying to say and I edited it. But you got in before I finished the edit. I do know that AI made the AE.

The AE looks what ALL AI rifles used to look like. You must be new at this.

Just get the AT

If you plan to change barrels look for 2014 or newer model with the quickloc

Requires an Allen wrench (I use a torque wrench for mine) to change the barrels. If you do caliber swaps or just think you may want to change the barrel eventually it would save you $$ on a vise, action wrench etc. Which you can factor into the cost when buying

I paid $3k in the px here for mine. Call mile high shooting and see what they have new and used as well
45AC734B-D5A7-4CD3-9F37-15962300552C.jpeg

How far back do you have to go to see a round action in a Accuracy International rifle.

As far back as when AI made them.

An AI rifle is an AI rifle. What is the point of this gayness about how it looks?

• Haha
Reactions: Supersubes
I'm in agreement, lots of ATs show up in the px for 3k. Most hardly used and those that are used are just smoother.

Careful, man.

I started at "maybe I should buy a used AT" a year ago.

I now have an AXMC with all three bolts, 5 barrels, three handguards, three of each size magazine....
Mine was the AT above bought in the same circumstances

Now I have AXMC with 3 bolts and waiting on multiple barrels for it

The sickness is real