• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to decide

45ACP_Marine

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
I had an AR-10 before with an acog that I had to sell a while back. I want a setup like it again but only want to spend around $1500 for the rifle. What is the best option? AR-10 (kinda worried since their site shows 2 moa+), RRA, DPMS oR some other. Cabelas seems to have a ton of DPMS, but I have heard they have quality issues. What say y'all?

Re: Trying to decide

You really limit yourself with a 15 hundred dollar budget on an AR10. If it were me, I would keep an eye out on the rifles for sale forum and try and jump on something good.

I agree. Your going to have to wait on a sale to find an AR-10 for $1500 or less. Especially, with an ACOG.
Used maybe?

Good luck!

To be clear, that is NOT including the optic. That is just for the rifle. I can order AR10's all day it seems for $1300ish new.

I guess that it depends on what exactly you are wanting to do with the gun, but since you're looking at a 16" barrel, I assume that accuracy beyond 600 yards is not a top priority. Were it me that was considering purchasing such a gun, I would probably strongly lean towards saving for a little while longer and picking up a Colt LE901.