• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trying to figure out a dovetailed mount for my aw.

Smith44699

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
I have an aw. Running a nightforce 5.5-22x50 currently. I was thinking about upgrading to an usoptics 5-25x58. Would a 28 moa dovetailed work? As far as bell clearance on barrel with a scope cap. Would less moa base be recommended? Would some suggest just running an usoptics 3.5-17x44? The one plus would be able to use my existing mount. I mainly shoot some matches at around 1200 yards and less. Some groundhog shooting also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I am running a 44moa cant SPUHR mount with a S&B 5-25X56 on an AWSM dovetail. The standard AI mount for the S&B 5-25 dovetail is a 45moa. I know the other AI mounts have to be milled out in the center for the bigger scopes. SPUHR makes different hight mounts and different cants. The TPal scopes have a large center section that limits some one piece mounts. If you give Mile High a call they have probably seen whatever combo you want to put together before. On my AI 45 moa mount there is plenty of clearance for the 56mm S&B objective. For over a k with my S&B 44moa cant works great.