• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to locate rifle gun smith in GA

drew2021

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
PA
Back in the 90s, when snipercountry.com was active, someone recommended a precision rifle maker who had a shop in VA but then moved to GA. He built me a .308 which is very nice and I'm trying to track him. I had all the info on my PC but the drive crashed and I can't recover the old data. Here's what I remember. He was a former Marine sniper. Went to a gun smith school in Ohio. Later, moved his shop to GA. Maybe his first name was Jim and his last began with an H?. It's a great rifle but need's an update. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Can you narrow down where in Virginia was he located?

Depending on how far you want to drive there are 3 well known smiths in Georgia, and maybe a few more:

Joe Collier - Millen, GA
Larry Archer - Emanuel County
American Precision Arms in Jefferson, GA

Reactions: Changed
Robert Gradous is in GA but his books are probably booked.

I mean John Whidden is in Nashville, GA.
Idk about him being in VA though

The only VA to GA migration I'm aware of is when MPA (GA) bought out Spencer Rifle Barrels (VA).

Jon Slagle, L3 Rifles in Augusta, GA. The last smith at Gradous Rifles under Roberts tutelage for 3 years. He builds hammers as he learned the art from the best.

Reactions: Baron23
Was his name Fuller? His shop was in Woodbury Ga, he retired probably 10 years ago or more and sold his shop to Paul Vandiver. He was a sniper in Vietnam and I’m pretty sure he was a Marine.

Maybe Tim Fisher? He was a 2112 at RTE Shop in Quantico then went to Border Patrol at FLETC near Brunswick, GA. Hands down the best M14 armorer around. Pretty sure he knows his way around those manually operated bullet pushers also ;)