• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TS Customs RimX Build - The first 1000 rounds.

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com

Today I spent 1000 rounds in one afternoon with the RimX. Not a single failure to feed, extract, or eject. I went to chamber one round, and it jammed up in the chamber. Upon removal and inspection, the bullet had a big glob of lead or something on one side of it. Bad bullet. It happens. Other than the trigger not wanting to drop the sear for some reason... it was absolutely amazing. I don't want to stop shooting it, but the wind is really coming up now. This action from @Zermatt Arms is everything I hoped it would be. (except for that damn swept bolt handle) ;) I'll get a run of straight handles made if it's the last thing I do. lol

Specs: TS Customs build - McMillan A5A stock w/hawkins bottom metal. Triggertech diamond (which was having lots of problems). Benchmark 3-groove 16.5 twist 26" barrel, 22LR Primal 2° chamber. Tangent Theta 525P in a Hawkins Heavy tactical 1-piece.

Here's a couple pages full of 10-shot groups, in a pushy wind, with random lot numbers (several) of RWS R50. Some lots shot great, others not so much. The sighters and score box is eley tenex. The top row of top target is eley match. The rest are RWS R50. I'll hopefully get a calm day here in the next few weeks to do some real accuracy testing... after I get a trigger in it that functions properly every shot. lol

If you're in the market for the best 22lr repeater on planet earth... we'll have some in stock in a few months. :) Zermatt RimX is the apex of the 22lr industry!

Last edited:
    For those that haven't been following along in the Zermatt thread, here's some video documentation of the performance this rifle is consistently capable of. Our instagram channel @primalrights is also loaded with great demonstrations of this rifle.

I've also done a bunch of 22lr focused content, much of it featuring this RimX build.

We have a TS Customs RimX barreled action with Triggertech Diamond trigger and a 20" Paradigm carbon barrel threaded 1/2x28 w/ thread protector available to go to a new owner. This setup has exactly 1000 rounds through it, and was built specifically to see what the barrel was capable of. Various lots of RWS R50, Lapua Center X, and Polar Biathlon were fired at 50yds in varying conditions. It seems to have a preference for polar biathlon, but shot everything OK. With the right lot number, I think it would do well for a lightweight setup. A few more flyers than we see with the Benchmark barrels, which are our go-to blanks for these RimX's. Test targets are provided below, so you know just exactly what you're getting. If you're after the most precise and accurate 22lr ever made, this isn't it. However, a lightweight carbon setup isn't exactly my first choice when the utmost level of precision and accuracy is the goal. This would be a great setup for a pickup or a side-by-side.

Action functioned flawlessly for every round fired. Point of impact showed no discernible shift in zero when a Thunderbeast 22 takedown suppressor was attached, which is very cool and likely due to the very rigid Paradigm barrel. The more rounds that got put through it, the better it shot. Very likely will continue to improve for a bit.

$2500 for the barreled action with trigger, as is. (nothing else included) + shipping to your FFL. We can pair this up with a McMillan A3A Edge (carbon fiber) stock and the full TS Customs treatment with custom inlet, bedding, TS Customs adjustable cheek, Hawkins bottom metal, Mlok rail in forearm, flush cups, etc for an additional $1500-$2000. (depending on your stock option choices) Payment by check or E-check only. Call 605-554-1911 to purchase or inquire with questions.

Rifle and target pics in no particular order.

eOThk3xh.jpg

BPcOe4mh.jpg

9bS1blch.jpg

0wt2cIkh.jpg

7v9ZC1jh.jpg

fHdDBvhh.jpg

Xv7NGEYh.jpg

lQZevvRh.jpg

e8EJQsLh.jpg

uJoheOrh.jpg

VDd7nyKh.jpg

AjcfpSwh.jpg

xc5cXFGh.jpg

jskDv4Ah.jpg

77hwjq0h.jpg

Reactions: cruikshank
    The stock in the original post is about the best looking thing I have ever seen in my life.

Reactions: orkan
    Watched a couple or your videos Orkan. How in the hell do you shoot so fast and still make those small groups over and over

Watched a couple or your videos Orkan. How in the hell do you shoot so fast and still make those small groups over and over
    Tens of thousands of rounds of practice each year. You can also read some articles in the library section of www.primalrights.com that describe some basic technique I use.

Last edited:
    Sweet set up. I’m originally from South Dakota. A little north of you in fact.