• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TSA notice given to me about a Civil Penalty

That kind of freedom does not exist anywhere; and insisting on it is akin to demanding Utopia. Never was, never will be.

What we do have is free enough. So much about freedom depends upon the beholder, and the beholders do not think alike. The best anyone can do is always going to be a compromise in a REAL world.

Be happy for what you have. Do not lament for what you will never have.

Greg

I can't really argue with that. Not because I agree with you, but because with that kind of complacency I know I'd never get through to you. I, for one, will never stop fighting for the way things SHOULD be. What we have right now is not nearly free enough and is getting worse every single day.

hmmmmm..... No pay or benefits..... I wonder what type of person we'd have in office under those conditions...

Correct me if I'm wrong but way back when our government was formed they weren't paid positions.......go back to 3rd grade history.

Yes.

That depends on your skill level and your choice of mating species.

That's all you could come up with? If that's the case we should make laws on who can breathe and who can't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but way back when our government was formed they weren't paid positions.......go back to 3rd grade history.

Things change and we did not have big special interests back then. If we paid our representatives nothing they would be even more in the back pocket of big business or any one who does have money who is willing to buy their vote. You think its bad now it would be 10 times worse if they got paid nothing for their public service. I respect the founding fathers greatly and they were great men but times have changed and we need to adapt to those changes and we have. The men of the 1700's could not have possibly imagined the problems we have to deal with today just like cave men could not understand how to deal with the problems in the 1700's.
Pat

That's all you could come up with? If that's the case we should make laws on who can breathe and who can't.

I could give you a list. The can list would be the shortest, and you could figure the rest out.

Things change and we did not have big special interests back then. If we paid our representatives nothing they would be even more in the back pocket of big business or any one who does have money who is willing to buy their vote. You think its bad now it would be 10 times worse if they got paid nothing for their public service. I respect the founding fathers greatly and they were great men but times have changed and we need to adapt to those changes and we have. The men of the 1700's could not have possibly imagined the problems we have to deal with today just like cave men could not understand how to deal with the problems in the 1700's.
Pat

And there is no reason (except for votes being bought) as to why they are allowed to accept money from groups nowadays. Once you introduce money, that's the start of the downward spiral. Look at these current politicians of how much they were worth before they were in office and then look at them after. Some of them have increased net worth of over 20-30 times of what they once were worth. That's called corruption!

And it's all legal because they made a law allowing it!

Last edited:
I agree it's corruption but it will be way worse if they made nothing because then they would be even easier to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems the thread moved away from ammo in the carry-on bag to a constitutional discussion. I had the same problem in Hong Kong at the intermediate security check point. After a few days in the Hong Kong jail, I found constitution discussions lose their luster.

Seems the thread moved away from ammo in the carry-on bag to a constitutional discussion. I had the same problem in Hong Kong at the intermediate security check point. After a few days in the Hong Kong jail, I found constitution discussions lose their luster.
The point of my OP was two fold. What the hell is going on in my country and what the hell should indo to get these idiots off my back. Fault or not, penalties that were not properly served, wrong name, dates, ammonamount, etc...

Bottom line, the TSA is a waste and in pay more per flight to support a stupid overreach branch or the Mall cops.. sorry to offend any TSA or Mall cops, but it's the truth and the truth hurts

The fine sucks but I would pay it and save the receipt, unless you never intend to fly again.....
The last thing you want or need is for someone to enter your name on a federal shit list.

Even if they misspell your name the notice found its way to you and they can likely find you again at some point.

Yup...mall cops..but they caught your dumb ass didn't they?

you don't like it? Quit crying on the internet and looking for validation. Hire a lawyer and fight it. Write your corrupt congressman and bitch to them.
You stepped on crank, now pull up your huggies and live with it.

Many of you are trying to make the argument that everyone has common sense. The one thing about common sense is that it's not common so laws are also used to protect people from their own stupidity. Ever wonder why the car add that has the car jumping off a cliff in Europe and driving under the ocean to the United States is required to have a "Do not attempt" warning, because some ass hat out there might drive the car into the water and then try to sue because he was not able to act out a scene in "The Spy Who Loved Me". Might sound like common sense to many but you would be surprised how dim a large part of the population is in this country.

You make a great point and your example is very similar to something that actually did happen. When the Ford P/U in the movie "Mr Majestyk" made the huge airborne jump and then just drove off, it became an example of how those trucks were "Ford Tough". Some fool actually sued Ford because he and his truck were severely f***ed up after he tried the same stunt.

Let's face it, they really do walk among us. And for each fool like these, there seems to be a dozen lawyers standing by to take their case.

you don't like it? Quit crying on the internet and looking for validation. Hire a lawyer and fight it. Write your corrupt congressman and bitch to them.

Did he hit a nerve with that one? I find it interesting when you tell the OP to write his "corrupt congressman" when the TSA is a product of elected officials.

I thought his wife got caught.

I can't really argue with that. Not because I agree with you, but because with that kind of complacency I know I'd never get through to you. I, for one, will never stop fighting for the way things SHOULD be. What we have right now is not nearly free enough and is getting worse every single day.

Actually, you got through to me on the first try. I agree, and have agreed with you on each point.

To a small degree, your comment proves a point, in that we beholders do think differently. Where we differ is in where we choose to stage our fight.

The 'Hide is a great site, but we don't get a lot of traction preaching to the choir here.

I genuinely wish you success in your fight. I'll do it my way.

Greg

Courtesy hermosabeach

q34JxaW.gif

This ain't the late 1700s is it? The question is, and was, if the politicians didn't draw a salary of any kind, what type of person would run for elected office? Not sure you'd care for the result...
Pretty sure it wouldn't simply be people with altruism and patriotism dripping out of every pore. I am not saying what we have today is working so well, rather that the simplistic rant of a solution that was offered wouldn't change anything for the better either.

Last edited:
Matno;3345671[B said:
]We do not need laws to keep us safe on airplanes.[/B] Also, I don't travel through pubic airports. That's gross.

Wrong! Airlines and Mfg'rs have been saturated now for years with bean-counters that have tried to cut corners in every way they can. Do to the laws always work? No, obviously because there have been crashes. And deaths have occured because of the Aviation safety laws that were broken. Unfortunately, the people responsible didn't go to jail. But, they did mandate corrections and inspections to make it safer for the flying public. And you never fly? I guess you never get anywhere either.