• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TSA's Naked Machines are out!

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
Perverted TSA agents everywhere cried today when:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- <span style="font-weight: bold">The Transportation Security Administration confirms that it is getting rid of airport body scanners that produce a naked image of travelers.</span>

Right now the TSA uses two types of scanners. One makes a generic image showing where agents should look for an object on the traveler's body. Those scanners are staying.

The other kind of scanner uses X-rays. They raised privacy concerns because they show metal objects on the traveler's body - along with every other detail, too. Congress has mandated that those scanners be changed or removed by June.

TSA says the X-ray scanners will be gone by June. It says the company that makes them, Rapiscan, was not able to come up with a software fix to make the scanners comply with the Congressional mandate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...-01-18-11-51-13

Those fuckers should have never been put into airports in the first place and I always made them do it the hard way just to protest these anti-constitutional fucks.

Re: TSA's Naked Machines are out!

Is it just me or does the company name 'Rapiscan' sound realllllly inappropriate?

I've denied going through any of those things since they were brought ina nd I usually airlned about 8 times a month.

The big printed letters on the side RAPISCAN 5000 always made m chuckle

so, we would rather have genitals stay private than have a terrorist act committed on home soil?

mine wouldn't take up much of the screen, don't mind at all if it kept akmed from doing something funky.

I never had an issue with these. I would rather stand in one of these things for 10 seconds than have some big TSA dude pattin' me down...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WinXD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never had an issue with these. I would rather stand in one of these things for 10 seconds than have some big TSA dude pattin' me down... </div></div>

I still like my idea: You have a number of attractive TSA agents and you pay $10 and you get to pick which one pats you down. Turn something annoying into a profit center and make travelers happy at the same time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WinXD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never had an issue with these. I would rather stand in one of these things for 10 seconds than have some big TSA dude pattin' me down... </div></div>

I still like my idea: You have a number of attractive <span style="color: #CC0000">female </span> TSA agents and you pay $10 and you get to pick which one pats you down. Turn something annoying into a profit center and make travelers happy at the same time!
</div></div>

Fixed it for ya I hope.

GOOD, can't stand TSA or their stupid scanners. Don't think those images go to the public? google it.

I'd just bet that somewhere on these innerwebs is a site devoted to hawtness that has been scanned. Link please.

You all think those were about safety or Durka Terrerosts? Jeeze. Wake up. Follow the money. I bet you anything the company had their hands DEEP into the pockets of someone who wanted these in the airports.

Boycott the TSA, don't fly. Yes, i am for fucking real.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: match-grade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You all think those were about safety or Durka Terrerosts? Jeeze. Wake up. Follow the money. I bet you anything the company had their hands DEEP into the pockets of someone who wanted these in the airports.
. </div></div>

They did, that link has been out there since they went in.

<span style="color: #3333FF">"Around that time, Rapiscan began to beef up its lobbying on Capitol Hill. It opened a Washington, D.C., office and, according to required disclosures, more than tripled its lobbying expenditures in two years, from less than $130,000 in 2006 to nearly $420,000 in 2008. It hired former legislative aides to Rep. David Price, D-N.C., then chairman of the homeland security appropriations subcommittee, and to Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss.

It started a political action committee and began contributing heavily to Price; Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., then head of the homeland security committee; Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., also on that committee; and Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., the top Republican on the Senate appropriations committee.

In addition, it opened a new North Carolina plant in Price’s district and expanded its operations in Ocean Springs, Miss., and at its headquarters in Torrance, Calif., in Harman’s district.

“Less than a month after U.S. Senator Trent Lott and other local leaders helped officially open Rapiscan Systems’ new Ocean Springs factory,” Lott’s office announced in a news release in late 2006, “the company has won a $9.1 million Department of Defense contract.”

But Rapiscan still hadn’t landed a major contract to roll out its X-ray body scanners in commercial airports. Indeed, in 2007, with new privacy filters in place, the TSA began a trial of millimeter-wave and backscatter machines at several major airports, after which the agency opted to go with the millimeter-wave machines. The agency said health concerns weren’t a factor.

But with the 2009 federal stimulus package, which provided $300 million for checkpoint security machines, the TSA began deploying backscatters as well. Rapiscan won a $173 million, multiyear contract for the backscatters, with an initial $25 million order for 150 systems to be made in Mississippi."</span>

Huge back story (gotta read down a few pages to get to the corruption parts ad who is involved): http://www.propublica.org/article/u.s.-g...t-airport-x-ray

High Binder:

Thanks for the link.

Tell you all what: I grantee you that MOST of the laws that weigh heavily on our privacies and personal lives are influenced by some quasi private govt company that wants to protect us. Bullshit. Companies like that want gov't tit at the absolute cost of you and I. Follow the money.

Pharm
Firearms
education
automotive
Military industrial complex

ALL OF IT.

Follow the money.

Also keep in mind that these are "x-ray" machines. Regardless of what any TSA agent "says" or thinks, the machines emit radiation (duh). As we say at my work, there is no such thing as a good dose of radiation.

I have two engineers who work for me (one was a nuke officer and the other is a physicist) who got into a conversation with TSA agents regarding the safety of the machines. In one incident the TSA agent said to the prior nuke officer, "Sir, these machines don't use radiation". I promptly started to laugh. If she only knew understood that the gentleman she was talking to had more training regarding radiation than she'll have in 10 lifetimes.

The physicist who works for me had another conversation with a TSA agent who claims he was an engineer and he knew everything about the machines. My engineer promptly schooled the TSA agent in physics and radiation. Entertaining to say the least....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also keep in mind that these are "x-ray" machines. Regardless of what any TSA agent "says" or thinks, the machines emit radiation (duh). As we say at my work, there is no such thing as a good dose of radiation.

I have two engineers who work for me (one was a nuke officer and the other is a physicist) who got into a conversation with TSA agents regarding the safety of the machines. In one incident the TSA agent said to the prior nuke officer, "Sir, these machines don't use radiation". I promptly started to laugh. If she only knew understood that the gentleman she was talking to had more training regarding radiation than she'll have in 10 lifetimes.

The physicist who works for me had another conversation with a TSA agent who claims he was an engineer and he knew everything about the machines. My engineer promptly schooled the TSA agent in physics and radiation. Entertaining to say the least.... </div></div>

My guess is that if you even attempted to use the acronym ALARA they would have a melt down...

I was wondering who would be the first to bring up ALARA....

The sad thing is, I saw a pregnant TSA agent standing next to the "naked body scanner" during her shift and obviously she was told that it would be just fine. No thanks, I'm not going to stand next to an x-ray machine all day.

Keep in mind pilots are only allowed to fly so much because of the increased exposure during flight.

What, like 500 mR for normal workers. Whats the dose of one of those nude viewers? Fuck it, i'll drive... If's it's over an ocean, I don't need to be there anyway

TrapperT:

By the way, I am not an HP, but I do work with then, and therefore know a little. sort of OJT. I just map shit.

We used RapiScan in Afghanistan for the Main ECP. Best ever day? This tall, lanky, hot looking Asian chick comes into the AO. My partner is going, man I would totally kill that shit, man I would eat that out til the sun went down. Then Billy on the Rapicscan comes over the ICom,"It's a Booooyyyyeeeee! Hawkeye, please come to my location, over" So I meander into teh rapiscan booth and HOLY SHIT this motherfucker got a dick danglin! Billy goes,"Do we tell SSg Lady about this?" I think, SMile really big shit eatin grin,"No, shut the hell up and be quiet"
An hour later we get off the line and are forming up so I can debrief my platoon, and I ask"Anyone have anything interesting to report today?"
Ssg Lady,"Oh my GAWD! I was doing a search of this tall Asian female and wehn I got to that part, you know, between her legs...she...had a PEMNIS!"
I fuckin lost it! ssg Lady,"What??? You KNEW about that?" I couldn't stop laughing as I yelled,"DISMISSED!"
Rapiscan shows every single detail down to the little bumps on aeriola and nipples. If the position is right, it even shows labia detail...Billy got in trouble because he got caught making females do the arrest position, Soldiers, civilians,and the idiot was saving the pics on the HD. I was glad I was on a multinational task force when that happened!

Switchblade:

I am going to be a real dick on this one, but i thought they were looking for guns and bombs not weather or not some chicks pussy looked like a cobbled together roast beef sandwich.

Good riddance. Something about the the 4th.....