• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TT525P Has Landed

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    A production model Tangent Theta 525P showed up today. My staff thought it would be hilarious to get my reaction... so I figured I'd embarrass myself a bit for your viewing pleasure. Full review will be forthcoming. Meanwhile...

IMG_8073.jpg

Xmas came early! - YouTube

Yes, the scope has the heavy clicks every full mil. I think these turrets are better than the Premier's by quite a bit! The mechanism internally is completely changed.

The eyebox is very very good, and the parallax is the most forgiving of any scope I've used to date. Need to get it out in the dirt and get some rounds under it. :)

So when they sell this company off again , who will handle warranty work?

Last edited:
    Orkan, any news on new updated or new added reticles?
    Basically the MSR is being looked at very hard, and it is by far and above the most requested reticle for these scopes. Personally, I like the GenIIXR better, but that is a matter of preference. There will be other reticles added to the lineup, but it is very doubtful it will happen this year. If I had to speculate, I'd say maybe this time next year... but that is pure speculation.

What products did Tangent Theta make BEFORE they bought Premier?
    They were in the middle of producing a new scope. That ship sailed before Premier was purchased. When Premier was acquired, they took what they liked from that design, and threw away the rest. This scope, is not a Premier Heritage. Point in fact, this scope, is better than I anticipated the production models would be! Tangent Theta as a company, is not Premier, or anything close to it. This has been pointed out many times, and it won't stop being true regardless of how many times people without the facts say otherwise. I know that's not what you're doing, as you're just asking questions, right? If you'd like to give me a call sometime, I can bring you up to speed on the facts. Or, continue asking questions here... I'm fine with either. :)

How their scopes perform, remains to be seen. If you need to be skeptical about something, be skeptical about that, because that is a legitimate point to focus on. I'm not skeptical at all, but I have been on the phone with ATI and TT about 50 times in the last month. I know the men behind these scopes, and I know what these scopes go through before they leave the facility. The chances of them not working isn't very probable. The chances of Tangent Theta having the same problems Premier had is far less probable than that!

Optronika is an opto-mechanical design firm. Minox is clearly licensing premier tech from TT, which was likely developed in part or totally by Optronika in the first place. Take a look at every steiner tactical scope (including their new one) and tell me if you don't see some similarities to other scope designs. ;) Sure, different companies buy the rights to the design, and then have parts made, and the parts show up and are assembled in various places... but most of this stuff comes from the same 4-5 companies in the world.

The scope design world is a LOT smaller than most people realize. A LOT smaller. The business relationships behind the scenes of all the different companies are kept hidden in most instances. Once you break through that barrier, you learn a tremendous amount about just how few riflescope design shops there are in the entire world. Scopes from X company, that are seen to be major competitors to Y company... rolling off the same exact assembly lines. It's pretty funny actually.

I really don't care about much of that. I care if my rifle scope works, and I care if my customers rifle scopes work! Beyond that, it's all fluff and completely inconsequential. So, if we could, lets not turn this into yet another thread discussing the companies that are NOT Tangent Theta (there are plenty of those threads already)... and lets focus on what we've got in front of us, which is a TT525P!

Optronika is an opto-mechanical design firm. Minox is clearly licensing premier tech from TT, which was likely developed in part or totally by Optronika in the first place. Take a look at every steiner tactical scope (including their new one) and tell me if you don't see some similarities to other scope designs. ;) Sure, different companies buy the rights to the design, and then have parts made, and the parts show up and are assembled in various places... but most of this stuff comes from the same 4-5 companies in the world.

The scope design world is a LOT smaller than most people realize. A LOT smaller. The business relationships behind the scenes of all the different companies are kept hidden in most instances. Once you break through that barrier, you learn a tremendous amount about just how few riflescope design shops there are in the entire world. Scopes from X company, that are seen to be major competitors to Y company... rolling off the same exact assembly lines. It's pretty funny actually.

I really don't care about much of that. I care if my rifle scope works, and I care if my customers rifle scopes work! Beyond that, it's all fluff and completely inconsequential. So, if we could, lets not turn this into yet another thread discussing the companies that are NOT Tangent Theta (there are plenty of those threads already)... and lets focus on what we've got in front of us, which is a TT525P!

Yes I know this. My point is that Minox is a stable company with good support in the states based on my experience. A lifetime warranty is worthless if the company goes out of business.

Thanks for clearing that Okran. If I stumble into a bag of cash, Ill hit you up for one.

Good looking scopes, but the Australian rrp on these will make them unobtainium for most people over here - $5k is the rrp which is a few hundred higher than the S&B PMII line, more than a grand dearer than NF BEAST, March, Kahles, Steiner etc. Look forward to reading the reviews once people start receiving them in hand.

Last edited:
    Yes I know this. My point is that Minox is a stable company with good support in the states based on my experience. A lifetime warranty is worthless if the company goes out of business.
    I see. Tangent Theta is one heck of a stable company. Think of how stable you need to be, to operate a business attempting to make the best rifle scope in the world... for 2+ years, with no positive cash flow. Doesn't get much more stable than that! TT will be there for its customers, or die trying.

Here are a few questions I will be considering before my next high end scope purchase.

Does it have tunneling?
    Can I get it with a H2CMR reticle?
    How well does the illumination work?
    Is the illumination day time visible?
    Is the illumination going to work well with a clip-on?

You know what I'd like? The Desert Tech AMR reticle in these. I'd give up my Premier for that.

Being that TT is aiming for military contracts I bet we get the Horus line instead. Time will tell.

Greg, is it safe to assume you were out of the office the rest of the day? :)

What is something like that model going for? I'm going to assume it's in another financial galaxy far, far away.

Here are a few questions I will be considering before my next high end scope purchase.

Does it have tunneling?
    Can I get it with a H2CMR reticle?
    How well does the illumination work?
    Is the illumination day time visible?
    Is the illumination going to work well with a clip-on?
    No, it does not tunnel. GenIIXR and GenIIMildot are currently the only reticles available in the TT scopes. The illumination works when you need it, but is not "daylight visible", and is night vision compatible.

Greg, is it safe to assume you were out of the office the rest of the day? :)
    Pretty much. ;)

What is something like that model going for?
    $4250, and based on what I've seen today... worth every penny.

Looks nice. I am fond of my Premier's and may have to try one of the TT.

Excellent!! Can't wait until the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. TT's in the US show up.

I've got a special place for one:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411262080.053660.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine needs to go to Mike at Tac-Ops! My X-Ray 51 has been patiently waiting for the TT!

The problem for me as I see it is, after selling enough of my guns to pay for it I won't have anything to mount it on. :( Makes a wonderful Christmas present. Anybody???
    Hello.......

The problem for me as I see it is, after selling enough of my guns to pay for it I won't have anything to mount it on. :( Makes a wonderful Christmas present. Anybody???
    Hello.......

I'm out of the 'buying' business for now, but looking at the 'scope shootout,' some of these things are almost double the price of a nice rifle and while I bought a SB 52556 PMII back in early '06, it cost me $2650 shipped with BC covers--the same price as my then new TRG-42 338, sans sh/transfer fees. I thought that the 1:1 ratio was warranted, if not a heavy cost for an optic and I'm a camera guy!

Anyhow, back when I bought the SB, there was no Steiner, Premier, Vortex, T&T, even Hensoldts needed to be smuggled in, lol and March was just a month on the Gregorian calender, so I'll just sit back and watch things shake out.

Really back then, we had Nikon, Leupold, IOR, NightForce, USO, Zeiss, Khales, Swarovski and Bausch & Lomb and only a few made 'tactical type' scopes of repute.

Fun times, these days.

Chris

Last edited:
    Really back then, we had Nikon, Leupold, IOR, NightForce, USO, Zeiss, Khales, Swarovski and Bausch & Lomb and only a few made 'tactical type' scopes of repute.
    ... and of those, only 2 really had a clue and had FFP reticles with turrets to match. I think it's awesome with so many companies finally learning how to make a scope. :)

Will be interesting to see some field reports on this new offering from the new TT. The preliminary reports look very good.

Hopefully they have put a lasting business together and will add more reticles in the near future.

OFG