• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tubb CWS and Buffer springs

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
Has anyone used Tubb CWS (Carrier Weight System and/or Flat wire buffer spring systems? If so what please share your experience? Thanks

Re: Tubb CWS and Buffer springs

I use the CWS in my match rifle with very hot loads for the long distance. The system is beaten up less and the brass is in much better shape than without it.

I also use the C/S flat wire buffer spring in all my ARs, which is why I do not have that sproing sound in any of my rifles.

I use both of them, no problems with either. The CWS does "soften" the recoil pulse.

love the flat wire springs. Put them in with a little lithium grease and there is no noise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone used either in an DPMS LR308? </div></div>

I ran a TUBB buffer spring and CWS in a GAP LR308 and a GAP AR10, both ran better and where much easier on brass. I didnt notice much if any velocity change, function was improved.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone used either in an DPMS LR308? </div></div>

I ran a TUBB buffer spring and CWS in a GAP LR308 and a GAP AR10, both ran better and where much easier on brass. I didnt notice much if any velocity change, function was improved.

Kirk R </div></div>

Thanks,
just the info I was looking for...

Hellbender and I had a good conversation about this in the thread he mentioned, I like the CWS, he dosnt. I've had it in my AR10T, the CWS and spring, for several years now and like it very much. It ads weight to the carrier group which slows the impulse (like Hellbender said) but it also adds weight to the ENTIRE rifle, which softens reciol and the violent cycle of the overgassed big bore AR's. My experience with the CWS has been added reliability, less wear and tear and I enjoy shooting my AR10 even more. I cant recommend it (the CWS) so much for the AR15 as the AR10 (because I havn't used it in the 15) but highly recommend the Tubb spring for both. BTW, the CWS comes with the option of three different weights so it can be tuned to your specific load and rifle. Good shootin.

okie