• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tuebor Precision Actions?

SuperSneakySniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
What's up,

I just recently found out about Tuebor, and I like what i see on their actions. But i cant find a whole lot of info or reviews on em'.
Are they new? Any of you guys have any hard-use experience with their Raider action? Can anyone compare it to any other popular actions out there?

Resistance to bolt binding, ease of bolt-lift, and smoothness are my go-to deciding factors, the 75 degree bolt throw is an interesting perk, and the price is tempting. I was looking/waiting for the Curtis Vector action and now this popped up, so I'm just curious is all.

Thoughts?

This is the first I've heard about them. It seems like every action is advertised as resistant to bolt binding though, so I don't know if that really means anything these days. How do the advertised features for these compare to known players like Defiance or even Lone Peak (which Orkan seems to rave about)? I can't seem to pick out anything that's much different other than the bolt throw, which seems like it would add difficulty to the bolt lift.

Nonetheless I'll be interested to see where this thread goes. Competition is a good thing for the shooting world.

I suppose the shorter throw could make it more difficult to lift, but people do say the Curtis 60 degree lift is near comparable to a Defiance lift, and I know Tikkas and Ruger Americans/RPRs have a 70 degree lift that imo beats a standard stock 90 degree Rem700. I guess its all in the execution.
Man all these custom actions that are getting noticed now, the sheer number of choices makes me dizzy.

They are built loal to me in grand Rapids michigan. I met the 2 man crew at the Michigan gardian match this year. They were both cool guys who was more than willing to answer all of my questions.(and i had a lot of questions) they even donatted a complete 6.5 creedmoor to the prize table. It was a pretty awesome rifle.

As far as smooth. I thought it was nice. The bolt lift was smooth and dosnt feel to heavy. But i have to admit that my exposure to custom actions is very limited so i will not say if it is better or worse than others. I will just say that it is nice and has a quality feel

If you have any doubts or questions i say give them a call they are very freindly people

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'll do a little comparison for ya. It'll not be scientific or anything I'll simply attach my digital scale to the bolt handles and try to get a good idea of actual bolt lift weight. The tuebor feels about as light as a good remmy 700 clone and a touch lighter than curtis now that they went up on their spring weight.

Thanks thatd be great! Im gunna call Tuebor when they open and ask if their bolt stop is supported by the action or pin. And i gotta see how it fits into an MPA chassis, it looks like they have a BIG ejection port, and Im afraid it will look weird if its too far forward, part of the port would be obscured by the chassis body.

I will say i saw a picture of the Tuebor action in a Manners stock that was inletted specifically for the action and MAN it looked sharp.

Last edited:
I also saw a Tuebor at a the Michigan Guardian match in Michigan. It seemed smooth and the Tuebor work seemed top notch. I did not get a chance to shoot it though as it was on the prize table. I would have loved to run some rounds through it to feel the bolt cycle.

Bang

i also got to play with a tuebor at the MI guardian match and was very impressed. Got to speak at length with matt. I do love my defiance, never heard of lone peak i will look them up.

Last edited:
I have a Defiance with over 5000 rounds fired on it and a brand new Lone Peak Fuzion out of the box has lighter bolt lift and super smooth.

Im interested in these tuebor actions as well. Prices look good and i always like to support fellow Marines.

I'll do a little comparison for ya. It'll not be scientific or anything I'll simply attach my digital scale to the bolt handles and try to get a good idea of actual bolt lift weight. The tuebor feels about as light as a good remmy 700 clone and a touch lighter than curtis now that they went up on their spring weight.

Did you get a chance to check out n' compare bolt lifts with your scale?
Im stuck between Curtis and Tuebor. The Tuebor has an interesting ejection port. If anyone wants a pic of how it looks in an MPA chassis lemme know, the guys at Tuebor sent me a pic. Im not sure if i like how it lines up with the chassis but hey, if it performs it performs.

Im stuck between Curtis and Tuebor. The Tuebor has an interesting ejection port. If anyone wants a pic of how it looks in an MPA chassis lemme know, the guys at Tuebor sent me a pic. Im not sure if i like how it lines up with the chassis but hey, if it performs it performs.

Send me a pm I’ll give you my number and I’ll text you the results

lets see that chassis pic!

Post or send me that chassis pic if you can. I have one of their ss actions on order that I plan to run in a MPA chassis.

Oh hey I finally got pictures to work! Sweet. (lemme know if it's not showing up though... I've had problems trying to get pics up here in the past)

Okay here is the pic they sent me. Raw receiver (looks freshly TIG welded bolt/handle) and an MPA chassis.
Some other information I got from them during a phone call was:

-The bolt stop is supported by the action (a slit in the pin hole to allow the bolt stop to impact into action when used).

-No AW cuts available for now.

-The folks there are nice guys!

So what's your guys' opinion on how the ejection port/chassis lines up?

Pic: imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

I've got a Tuebor Raider on the way for my 7mm-300 build, going in a KRG W3 Chassis. If I can figure out how, I will post pictures when I finally get it built

I work about 5 miles from their shop and have nothing but very good things to say about them. I have used a wide variety of custom actions (defiance, stiller, mcmillan, lawton) and their's in right up there with the rest. Both guys that run the shop were marines, so that's cool too.

They have done several things for me already on my other rifles: coating, threading, custom mods, etc. Currently they are working on finishing up my McMillan Tac-50 repeater build (RWS built the BA but they are doing final fit and finish, and then cerakoting everything). I am glad to see them getting some publicity. I have handle numerous rifles of theirs and seen the actions in every step of the machining process. Matt has a lot of experience in action building and that shows in their work.

Once this 50 cal is done then I am having them do a 223 on their action. Oh, and don't be afraid to ask them for custom work and design too. It might take them a bit longer since they are just a two man shop, but they will certainly be willing to work with you for whatever you need!

Reactions: Subwrx300
I work about 5 miles from their shop and have nothing but very good things to say about them. I have used a wide variety of custom actions (defiance, stiller, mcmillan, lawton) and their's in right up there with the rest. Both guys that run the shop were marines, so that's cool too.

They have done several things for me already on my other rifles: coating, threading, custom mods, etc. Currently they are working on finishing up my McMillan Tac-50 repeater build (RWS built the BA but they are doing final fit and finish, and then cerakoting everything). I am glad to see them getting some publicity. I have handle numerous rifles of theirs and seen the actions in every step of the machining process. Matt has a lot of experience in action building and that shows in their work.

Once this 50 cal is done then I am having them do a 223 on their action. Oh, and don't be afraid to ask them for custom work and design too. It might take them a bit longer since they are just a two man shop, but they will certainly be willing to work with you for whatever you need!

Huh, thanks for the info! That's good to hear!

And for Danep21, sounds good!

Better late than never...

6.5 cm, tuebor SS action, prs-1 elite, light varmint @ 24”, threaded w/ cap, huber. Shoots great to 1050! I’ve had defiance and like them, but these guys are within 20 minutes from my house, I much prefer this action, and the guys are great to deal with. I’ll be getting another... and another.

28AA204E-7146-476A-90FC-5105CA8957F9.jpeg
8D745169-35B3-4E07-8CD8-FA61889DFED0.jpeg
97CBC00C-3F65-4E0B-B882-ADFDC241C7F1.jpeg
816069B0-BAFC-41CA-9A47-AB2560038FF9.jpeg

Last edited:
I miss that rife every day, and I think about it in my sleep. What a beaut.

I would be curious to hear how they came about the design/profile of their bolt fluting. It's pretty different than anything else on the market; it looks like the "pitch" of the fluting progresses down the bolt?

I would be curious to hear how they came about the design/profile of their bolt fluting. It's pretty different than anything else on the market; it looks like the "pitch" of the fluting progresses down the bolt?
Indeed it does, I don’t know how they came to this design though. Maybe they will chime in.

I'd like to know too
They are just a few miles from where I live (Michigan) and I shoot with 8-9 guys in our precision rifle group. There are about 10+ Tuebors between us and they are all solid performers. I've yet to see any failures or malfunctions. We shoot in northern Michigan at a range with pure sand along the firing line so it's not uncommon for rifle to get covered in sand (inside and out) within 45-1 hour let alone a match.

I've cycled and played with them many times and they are damn nice. 75deg throw (perfect amount IMHO), very slick feeling, tight and fast to operate.

Plus top notch guys.

I have a Tuebor Raider action and love it. Never any issues and it’s the smoothest action I have. I also like the look of the bolt and ejection port as well; little different than what else is out there.

Any more experiences with this action?

There were a lot of small issues when he first started making them. Firing pin springs and cocking issues. He has upgraded to a heavier spring and the notch where it sits when cocked has been notched a little deeper. A couple of us have some of the earlier actions and we found this stuff out the hard way. Matt quickly fixed the issues.They are great actions.

This is the new legion ti from teubor. Don’t have much time behind it yet, but it is very nice

Attachments

• 70956531-03A0-430C-BED9-233A305FE9B7.jpeg
    70956531-03A0-430C-BED9-233A305FE9B7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • 027DB5EF-9C26-41A8-9D9C-F2AB3F795D63.jpeg
    027DB5EF-9C26-41A8-9D9C-F2AB3F795D63.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
Reactions: duramaxed