• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tumbler Media for .223

XOK-DESIGN

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Australia, Griffith
I have a lyman tumbler with walnut media which i have been using to good effect on 25/06 brass. Now I have tried cleaning .223 and the cases come out jammed full of the media, I need to use a wire to clear each case individually. I was wondering what media other people are using which doesn't get stuck in the .223 case.

Re: Tumbler Media for .223

I have been using from Grainger:

Blast Media, 40 Lbs, Corn Cob, 14/20 Grit
Item no: 2MVR4
P.O. Line #: 0
1 $26.15 $26.15

I will occasionally get media stuck in the flash hole, but that's why I always run as my first stage on my 550 a universal decapper to pop it out. There is one size smaller than this that grainger has, that I think had fewer pieces stuck, but it was very dusty.

I've got 2 Dillon CV-2001's. I use the same as pdice in both of them and love it. Use it for everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XOK-DESIGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info, I'lI see if i can scratch up a similar product in Aus.</div></div>

Search on blasting media locally. I was running to pet shops a while before I ran across it.