• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tumbler ?

Re: Tumbler ?

Been using an old Midway tumbler for about 15 years so far. The newer ones have better motors and switches. Never needed anything more expensive.

What sort of volume are you talking about reloading at one time?

I know of one person using a small electric mortar mixer IIRC she runs 1000 pcs of 308/3006 at a time.

I believe the owner of one of the major reloading supply places was running one that was close to a cubic yard capacity at one time. He was feeding some hungry toys at the time.

Thanks for the replies. Am not doing large volume tumbling, just looking to update from a really tired Thumbler. Wondered a little bit about the difference between the hex drum and the round drum. My intent is to ditch the corn cob and go stainless. Have a functional vibratory for cob,rouge, etc. Steve

I have been running a dillon for years and no problems, plus you can't beat their warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: packratt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What sort of volume are you talking about reloading at one time?

I know of one person using a small electric mortar mixer IIRC she runs 1000 pcs of 308/3006 at a time.

I believe the owner of one of the major reloading supply places was running one that was close to a cubic yard capacity at one time. He was feeding some hungry toys at the time. </div></div>

Brassman Brass has 3 or 4 of these mixers that they have rolling.

I have had Dillon tumblers for 15 years, and the only hickup was a switch go down, called Dillon, and had a new one before the weekend. They are GTG, JPG

I use the Lyman Turbo 2500 with good success. I sell Lake City Brass as a side venture in .223 so sometimes that thing is running night and day for a solid week and tumbles about 250 pieces at a shot. I have the smaller Lyman's for my personal stuff and have been happy with them. Ryan