• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tuning Noveske switch block?

par0thead151

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
does the Noveske switch block require 'tuning' to get to work right? a vendor im purchasing a AR10 from is saying that to get it to run properly, i need to send in my suppressor when they install the switch block... however i do not have my suppressor yet as im still waiting for my form 4 back.
thanks

Re: Tuning Noveske switch block?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does the Noveske switch block require 'tuning' to get to work right? a vendor im purchasing a AR10 from is saying that to get it to run properly, i need to send in my suppressor when they install the switch block... however i do not have my suppressor yet as im still waiting for my form 4 back.
thanks </div></div>

I'm assuming the vendor you are referring to is GA Precision.

If you understand how the gas system works on AR15/10's then the ability to tune one to a specific suppressor is a very nice feature.

On my home built 300 BLK AR15 I have a threaded screw adjustable gas block and have to fiddle with it if I am shooting suppressed or non-suppressed or even sub vs supersonic. It may run but if I want the best reliability I have to adjust it.

Having GAP tune your switch block for your specific suppressor is a great service.

Given the current lead time on GAP rifles - you may have your suppressor before the GAP-10 anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does the Noveske switch block require 'tuning' to get to work right? a vendor im purchasing a AR10 from is saying that to get it to run properly, i need to send in my suppressor when they install the switch block... however i do not have my suppressor yet as im still waiting for my form 4 back.
thanks </div></div>

I'm assuming the vendor you are referring to is GA Precision.

If you understand how the gas system works on AR15/10's then the ability to tune one to a specific suppressor is a very nice feature.

On my home built 300 BLK AR15 I have a threaded screw adjustable gas block and have to fiddle with it if I am shooting suppressed or non-suppressed or even sub vs supersonic. It may run but if I want the best reliability I have to adjust it.

Having GAP tune your switch block for your specific suppressor is a great service.

Given the current lead time on GAP rifles - you may have your suppressor before the GAP-10 anyways.

</div></div>

thanks for the info. i have never used a switch block before and am just beginning to learn about how they run. I will cross my fingers that i get the can before GA is done with my rifle.

could i tell GA precision that i will be getting XYZ suppressor, and have them tune it to that sort of back pressure? or will each suppressor be different even if it is the same make/model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could i tell GA precision that i will be getting XYZ suppressor, and have them tune it to that sort of back pressure? or will each suppressor be different even if it is the same make/model? </div></div>

I think you need to ask them that question. But - when I ordered mine they said they wanted the actual suppressor even though I though mine would have been pretty common. They only require your suppressor for 2-3 weeks and it typically means your gun is almost ready.

We tried the using a comon set of #'s for different cans and that didnt always work, we now require that you send in your can so we know its working the way it should. Its a couple day deal and we only haveyour suppressor for a couple weeks door to door.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We tried the using a comon set of #'s for different cans and that didnt always work, we now require that you send in your can so we know its working the way it should. Its a couple day deal and we only haveyour suppressor for a couple weeks door to door. </div></div>

how hard is it to tune it later on, say the switch block is installed but i dont have a suppressor yet for it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We tried the using a comon set of #'s for different cans and that didnt always work, we now require that you send in your can so we know its working the way it should. Its a couple day deal and we only haveyour suppressor for a couple weeks door to door. </div></div>

George,

How does that work with the ATF? Do you have to transfer the suppressors on a form 3 or are you just logging it into your A&D book?

Im about to have to send my gap10 in to have the switch block tuned. Im hoping it only takes 2 weeks cause I use that can for other rifles!

In speaking with Noveske directly I was told you can self tune your switchblock using a set of feeler gauges and gently sliding the gasblock back from the shoulder. This was apparently the way to tune gas pressure before switchblocks per the gentleman on the other end of the line...