• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Turkey Hot, Turkey Cold, Turkey 7 days in a row????? Recipe to use on the old bird

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
Assuming you all have 2-3 Turkeys in the freezer and 1-2 thawing in the fridge....

What Recipes do you enjoy using Turkey 3-5 days after thanksgiving?

Anyone else admit to indoor cooking, or is it just me?

Post up any good Post thanksgiving Recipes....

Reactions: Puncho
Ummm, turkey pot pies. I used to make pot pies in those little aluminum pot pie bowls. I even have a set of barn yard animals cookie cutters about an inch tall. I would cut out the animal and then glue one to the top crust with egg wash. That way you could tell what it was at a glance.

Get ready....Leftover tacos!
Heat corn shells like normal.
First layer is turkey then gravy.
Next layers are green bean casserole/cheesy potatoes/yams etc
Then stuffing on top.

What ima do with my leftover turkey.
20190923_161018.jpg

She loves any kind of bird in her bowl.
That and steak, pulled pork, hamburger, raw broccoli, cucumbers, watermelon and who knows what else.

Reactions: MtnCreek
Turkey Garbage Can Soup. Chicken stock, leftover veggies, noodles, little bit of gravy and mashed potatoes to thicken it up. Usually lasts us through Sunday night after Thanksgiving. Oh, and a ton of garlic.
I'm no chef, but I do nail the soup...... ;) Recipe ? What's that ? :ROFLMAO:

All the bones, the carcass, leftover grease, skin, neck, meat, etc. Into a stock pot (say, 2 gallon size) with enough water to cover. Slowly cook all the meat off the bones.

Remove all the bones, as much as possible.

Add a 1.5 cups rice, an entire stalk of celery, chopped, a bag of carrots cut up, and one entire green cabbage, chopped small, a couple large onions, chopped, salt to taste. Put all the other stuff in, then fill the pot with water.

Let simmer until everything is soft. Eat when cooled enough. If you did it right, next day in the fridge it will be sort of thick and gluey because of all the rice. Use less rice if you want it more soupy. Give the bones to the cat.

This works for chicken, too. The celery & rice go good with it. The cabbage is just... I really like cooked cabbage.

Last edited:
Going to make turkey chili with the remains of the hickory smoked bird and some ground turkey

Reactions: MACHTECH