• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Turkeys from Opening day. 4-19-10

SuperSeal110

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2005
Michigan
I shot mine on Opening morning around 7am. Called in 4 toms and 2 hens. I dumped the bigger tom of the bunch.

10.25" beard, 1.25" spurs.

Opening evening, my g/f got out of work around 4:30pm. We flew back down to her farm and suited up. We seen 3 toms, but they were FAR, FAR away and didn't come in. Once those birds went into the woods, we decided to run and gun and move to where they went into the woods. It took a long time for these 3 toms to come in, but she made a beautiful shot @ 44yds when the turkey went onto a long. I wouldn't have let her shot that far, but I goofed up and told her to "dump 'em." The turkey went down. We got up and I thought the turkey was on the 2nd log @ 30yds, but It was on the 3rd log back @ 44yds. I believe these are the 3 birds that came in with my tom in the AM. Her bird was 8 3/4" beard and 1" spurs.

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

Re: Turkeys from Opening day. 4-19-10

Good kills guys. congrats. Yall did way better than us. we went opening morning here and aint got on nothing. good job. get out there and get ya some more

Re: Turkeys from Opening day. 4-19-10

Sweet...... Heck of a woman you have there. I wish my wife would hunt with me like that.. But she would rather stay at the farm house and take care of our animals and cook up some mean dinners....... I love her just the same.......
SmokeRolls