• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turning Savage 112 338LM to 33XC

His wife is tall and blonde, mine’s tall and brunette lol

Yep. Jaclyn idefinitely TALL and Blonde.Her and Shane are super nice people.They helped me more tan once when I first started.I h

d a scop

Well they don’t make a 112 action that is a repeater only single shot so not sure what you are talking about. You have zero direct experience regarding the question asked giving opinions like fact. No one is arguing a custom action isn’t a nicer option but that wasn’t the question.
Nightstash,

Please re-read my reply. I was pointing out that YOUR experience ins't what was being discussed as the origional individual was asking about using a 110BA 338 LM repeater to make a 33 XC ELR rig. What I was pointing out is that there were FAR better options for the job.

Are you sure the OP was asking about the 110?
8B3D06A1-6C19-446D-967A-0CC6C8354B78.jpeg

I have built 2 338 Lapuas on Savage LM actions.... DONT WASTE YOUR TIME in trying to make a 33 XC for ELR work.... EVERY savage action has BIG flaws when it comes to TRUE ELR work... 1. I have had the bolts come loose on the scope rails several times from recoil. 2. The bolt camming on cocking and firing is atrosious (This leads to incosistent bolt lock times and higher SD's from shot to shot) This can be addressed, but it will NEVER be as good as a moden purpose built 700 Clone action. 3. DONT use a barrel with a barel nut..... These cartridges create a LOT of force at high pressure and the thinner area of the chamber OUTSIDE of the receiver (especially in a very long 33 XC) can cause the chamber to swell resulting in at best swollen cases/stuck cases and at worst case/barrel ruptures....just DONT do it. IF you MUST use one shoulder a 1.350" diameter barrel just like a Remington 700.... Remeber there are reasons why soem things should not be attempted.
So your saying finishing 24th at King of 1 Mile and top 10 in several other ELR matches isn't good??? Oh with a 1.250 barrel, but it is shouldered....

Well good for you , why didnt you finish 1-4th? if were going to rate that as your performance matrix....Notice too YOUR using a 112 SINGLE SHOT, and I bet its in a very nice stock and uses a large diameter barrel. NOT APPLES TO APPLES comparison... What the individual origionaly was talking about was using a repeater 338 LM action for a 33XC ELR build...read my other replies on here...its not that I havent worked on Savages, there are just MUCH better options in my openion....
I'm the original poster, I clearly stated in the title 112 target action, which is only made in a single shot...

Nightstash,

Please re-read my reply. I was pointing out that YOUR experience ins't what was being discussed as the origional individual was asking about using a 110BA 338 LM repeater to make a 33 XC ELR rig. What I was pointing out is that there were FAR better options for the job.
It’s pretty clear right in the title 😂 Definitely says 112 which is the exact rifle I have experience with doing exactly what was asked. Turns out it works pretty dang good from first hand experience.

I stand corrected.... sorry for sturring the pot.... did you ever make one on the 112 action?
Yes and I shot king of 1 Mile, and several other ELR matches, and will be doing a second year with the same rifle, weighing in at just under 26lbs and over 1500 rds of 33xc on this action, not counting the 1k of standard 338lm rds fired through before swapping it to the 33xc. I find the 112 target action to be a cheaper way to get into Light division ELR while still being competitive. Is there better, yes, but there's no reason this action won't work.