• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turning the EDM Windrunner into the M200

Long_Action

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Michigan
Well I have the handle almost done out of Aluminum.....I need to work on the tube and bipod next. Looking for any info on bipods and or tubes that worked well. As it stands I may look into a LRA bipod???

edm200001.jpg

Re: Turning the EDM Windrunner into the M200

A lot of us use the RND tube and bipod. They work great. There is a thread just below this one that explains it all.

FYI - to each there own, but we staid away from the M200 carry handle design because there was no way I was going to carry the EDM upside down. With that magnificant piece of glass you have on your rig I would never hang it upside down. But again to each there own. Also, the Cheytac design put a lot of stress on the tube and being only clamped on has shown signs of shift and less durability than the RND tube that is threaded on to the barrel nut. The carry handle really didn't and shouldn't be used as a support mechanism. Again, that's why we went for the threaded barrel nut design. But the carry handle does look cool, I'll give it that. Nice work on yours. Great rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Rogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of us use the RND tube and bipod. They work great. There is a thread just below this one that explains it all.

FYI - to each there own, but we staid away from the M200 carry handle design because there was no way I was going to carry the EDM upside down. With that magnificant piece of glass you have on your rig I would never hang it upside down. But again to each there own. Also, the Cheytac design put a lot of stress on the tube and being only clamped on has shown signs of shift and less durability than the RND tube that is threaded on to the barrel nut. The carry handle really didn't and shouldn't be used as a support mechanism. Again, that's why we went for the threaded barrel nut design. But the carry handle does look cool, I'll give it that. Nice work on yours. Great rig.

</div></div>

Isn't the whole purpose of paying all this money for glass so that we can do stuff like hang it upside down
smile.gif

I can't imagine that the whomp of recoil is actually less significant than simply inverting the scope.

Is there some kind of known problem with hanging scopes upside down I'm not aware of?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Rogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of us use the RND tube and bipod. They work great. There is a thread just below this one that explains it all.

</div></div>

Isn't the whole purpose of paying all this money for glass so that we can do stuff like hang it upside down
smile.gif

I can't imagine that the whomp of recoil is actually less significant than simply inverting the scope.

Is there some kind of known problem with hanging scopes upside down I'm not aware of? </div></div>

It gets disoriented and falls to sleep !!! Just like a trout !

I would disagree with the Cheytac showing signs of shift and less durability. I think it is an excellent Bi Pod , The way the handle locks in with the pin in the lug on the receiver makes it extremely strong. I would think that it would be easy to mess up the threads on the RND tube.But to each there own, they are both good designs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: subgunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Rogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of us use the RND tube and bipod. They work great. There is a thread just below this one that explains it all.

</div></div>

smile.gif

Is there some kind of known problem with hanging scopes upside down I'm not aware of? </div></div>

It gets disoriented and falls to sleep !!! Just like a trout ! </div></div>

hahaha I'll accept that answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't the whole purpose of paying all this money for glass so that we can do stuff like hang it upside down
smile.gif

My first thought is that if the carry handle should break (or if you just stumble) while carrying the rifle upside down, the scope would take the brunt of the impact.

you don't need the alum. handle use the big round black bumpy handle on top...

Whole idea of the Windrunner M200 is that you carry it broken down and assemble on site. Shouldn't be humping the thing a long way using that handle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BadBot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you don't need the alum. handle use the big round black bumpy handle on top... </div></div>

Sorry Bud but I don't like to grab the barrel of a gun just after I shoot it! I sent a email to RND...just hope they have a short lead time???

LA-

I think he was talking about the scope on top, not the barrel.
wink.gif

Yeah, give Lloyd a call at RND. He will take care of you.