• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TV shows/movies you never get tired of.

Smcarroll

gun nut
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Montana/Wyoming
I am sitting here with beer and pizza watching Lonesome Dove. I just never get tired of this series. I can't wait to watch it with my grandkids someday and tell them "this is how men act". Bonanza, the old spaghetti Westerns, the old ww2 and Vietnam movies, they just don't make films like these anymore. Then again its hard to fill the boots left behind by the actors when you have guys like mark wahlburg and Robert downy Jr leading the roles.

Outlaw Josey Wales is all my all time and I never get sick of it. Just had a baby girl this week and named her Josie since my last name is Wells. Close enough.

Movies:
Top Gun - classic
Gattaca - Favorite movie
Most of the Disney/Pixar flicks (Monsters Inc, WALL-E, etc.)
Die Hard
Terminator 2

TV:
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica (New one)

And for ongoing new stuff: MotoGP - whenever I can catch a race, it's great, but I haven't had the subscription lately so I haven't been watching for some time.

I usually run through a couple of these every few months - great for when nothing is on and just want to become a vegetable.

The Green Berets, The Longest Day, A Bridge too Far, The Great Escape, Band of Brothers, Toro! Toro! Toro!, We Were Soldiers, Sands of Iwo Jima, The Gns of Navarone, Force Ten From Navarone, Midway, Bridge on River Kwai, Big Red One, The Dirty Dozen, Enemy at the Gates, Patton, Where Eagles Dare, Windtalkers...a bunch more I can't think of, right now.

movies

the green mile
shawshank redemption
Maleficent
girl with the dragon tattoo , the foreign ones all 3

tv shows

breaking bad
Seinfeld
homeland
game of throwns

Movies; We were Soldiers, The Boondock Saints, Unforgiven, Kill the Irishman, Goodfellas, Heartbreak Ridge and Open Range.

TV shows; Haven, House, NCIS and Criminal minds.

+1 on lonesome dove. Also, rocky 1, 2, and 4. The natural, bull Durham, and since I have a 7 year old, I will always stop at sponge bob whether he is in the room or not. I can't explain it.

There's more of the lonesome dove movies. The guy who wrote those books had a son who is also a good songwriter.

The Indiana Jones movies are also classics.

Lonesome Dove, Pulp Fiction, Open Range, Futurama, Band of Brothers, Platoon, Forest Gump and Lonesome Dove. I had to mention that one twice, just because.

The good, the bad and the ugly, Hang em high. The green berets. Sargeant York. Death wish., platoon, October sky . Hoosiers, No way out. And major league are a few of my favorites. Also Jaws. High plains drifter, and a couple holiday movies, A Christmas story, and Christmas vacation.

Last edited:
Godfather series; Casablanca; Anything else with Bogart; Lonesome Dove. (Bought it on dvd after my vhs wore out);; Tora, Tora, Tora; Zodiac; Jaws and a bunch more. The classics are what I have playing when prepping cases or doing light reading. Never tire of them.

Have a lot of John Wayne movies. " The Searchers" will never be old hat in my home.

Lonesome Dove is a list topper for me as well(specifically the original w/Duval, Jones, etc.)! Also Braveheart, Tombstone, and Band of Bros. just never get old. Full Metal Jacket is right up there, Platoon too, and Outlaw Josey Wales remains a favorite since I first saw it back in the 70's. Dirty Harry has to be mentionedand Bram Stoker's Dracula...ah, there's quite a few I'm probably overlooking too.

As for TV...not much a fan of anything made after the mid 80's at best! I'd rather watch All In The Family re-runs than 99% of what is normally on today!

I agree with almost all those already mentioned.
Let me say I despise HBO for their leftist tendencies and Bill Maher in particular, but I just can't stop watching Game of Thrones-they did that well.

Quigley Down Under, We Were Soldiers, Platoon, Apocalypse Redoux, Braveheart, The Postman, Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York, almost any James Bond movie-Daniel Craig and Sean Connery the best, Dances With Wolves, most of the Mission Impossibles.

TV:
Rat Patrol
All In The Family
M.A.S.H.
NCIS
Criminal Minds
The Newsroom
and a bit of the Sons.

Movies:
The Professional
Boondock Saints
First Blood
Wargames
and of course, the oft mentioned Spaghetti Westerns and post war Classics

Movies Shooter,Josey Wales, We were soldiers,Sgt York plus a bunch I forgot

TV Fargo (the series), Justified, The Bridge, Longmire

Wife and I are scifi fans so we watch all the different Star Trek series, followed by Star Gate and the spin offs and the newer Battlestar Galactica and Caprica... throw in a few scifi motion pictures and repeat.

Personal watch list: Winter/Spring I will watch band of brothers and Saving Private Ryan, now that Lone Survivor is out that will be on schedule for July and in the Fall I pull out my copy of Blackhawk Down and We Were Soldiers... I'll watch Forrest Gump a couple times a year along and Dances with Wolves.

Every few months I will pull out my Rifle's Only collection for review and Caylen Wojcik's DVD from Magpul's precision rifle.

Last edited:
Movies Shooter,Josey Wales, We were soldiers,Sgt York plus a bunch I forgot

TV Fargo (the series), Justified, The Bridge, Longmire

I just finished season 2 of longmire. Pretty good show, he is a little bit of a assbackwards fudd but then that's the premise right?

Quigley down under is amongst my favorites. I think my wife has actually stolen my DVD.

"Said i never had much use for one, Never said i didnt know how to use one."

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three great movies on back to back to back tonight on AMC.

Shooter, Oceans Eleven, followed up with The Fugitive.

Movies

Real old stuff like Casa Blanca.
The old westerns
John Wayne movies
Clint Eastwood

Shows

Really miss the Newhart show
Seinfeld

Movies:

Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
The Last Samurai