• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP June Shooting Event Schedule

Re: TVP June Shooting Event Schedule

I missed the same target. I second guessed my gut feeling. The wind correction I had put in originally was right for the condition. I knew better.

Believe me when I say,this will be remembered in training.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: van</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The newbe day is done. I hope it was a new beginning for the shooters there.

The short course match is done. I was glad to see the shooters thad did stick around from the day before apply what they learned. Good Job. I hope they will return again with their partners.

Stovetop 357- I was glad to see you cleaned the short course. You're a good shooter. Bring your dad to do it too.

van </div></div>

Thanks van! I had fun yesterday. Your previous post really put things into perspective for me. I came out, had my head on straight, and did what I was supposed to do and the results are the proof. I'm not trying to sound cocky by any means, TVP has a way of humbling you very quickly lol. Like I said, van's previous post about the furthest target being 2moa+ smacked me right in the face. I thought, if I can't go out and hit 2moa+ targets at 570 yards and shorter, how can I expect to do well on the Intimidator when 10/16 are at further distances?? I know it not all about winning, but rather improving. But having the chance to win is a good driving force to make you want to improve. This is just my sick and twisted spin on this so take this with a grain of salt. Just got to work on cleaning that Intimidator course now...
wink.gif

BTW, I still want that autographed piece of brass.
smile.gif

About dang time, stove. You've been shooting too good for too long not to have cleaned it. Cheers, man.

Also beware of the cleaned short course curse: apparently the next time you shoot it there's a good possibility you'll suck it up. A couple of us know about that now...

I would like to see Brandon do it too.
When he said he was one rev off, and would never do that again was cool.
Said you will, and I did it on station three!
No spotter for corection, because we all considered it a gimme!
Spotter came on for second shot, and we figured it out.
We worked together to have new shooter hit all four targets on station three, who showed up out of the blue.
Dave, I hope you had fun!
Getting you to hit those targets was great.
None of us shoot your load, but we worked together to get you to hit the targets.
Hope to see you again soon.

Argh, so jealous that I couldn't make it to this on Sunday. I was going to run up for my first time with Stovetop357 but instead I spent the whole day busting out a 5x5 concrete and tile shower floor, laying conduit in a ditch while it was a billion degrees out, and doing paperwork for my job. I hate to say it, but it looks like I'll have to get my feet wet on the Intimidator..

I know I told ya on the phone already stove, but congrats on cleaning that short course.
wink.gif

-X

Stovetop357 congrats

Maybe you can show me how to put my head on straight. The rifle is ready but I can seem to slow myself down when its time. Guess that's part of the lesson we are being taught with that Damn timer. Hurry but don't Rush

Thanks everyone for a great weekend

While we're handing out kudos, Karl & Jim were the speedy gonzales/let's have a conversation Team winners for the short course on Sunday. And they tied. Great shooting, as usual guys.

Sure a certain someone will post photos once they get their camera back...

Jim should wear bibs next time: beware the team wearing bibs.

Thank you to everyone who helped over the weekend and made it an excellent experience. I just got back home this afternoon and can't wait to come out to shoot with you guys again. I learned a huge amount, had a wonderful time and enjoyed the entire experience. Tom is a gracious host and runs a top notch facility, this was an excellent opportunity for everyone that could go, I'm glad to say I made it there. I will be out again, that's for sure.

Stove- Excellent shooting yesterday
smile.gif

Here are a few photos
James & Branden nice shooting this weekend
6ogdfr.jpg

Josh & Francis nice shooting
ajp8gp.jpg

34pm79j.jpg

2wgxe29.jpg

16230ra.jpg

2q0682c.jpg

The Shooters
dw5own.jpg

The Winners
2yts70z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here is one of the video's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtvEwrKEKw
more to come </div></div>

thanks wayde! you could have at least got us on the station we cleaned.
whistle.gif

that brass was hotter than a mutha fucka

Sorry that I couldn't watch everybody shoot all the time, but watching Josh and Francis switch to AR's Sunday was something to see!

Also James and Brandon.
Both of you showed up without a partner.
I put you guys together and watched you become a team.
You worked together between stations.
Cool to see you sign up as partners Sunday too!

Thanks Glen, Francis drove the hell outta that DPMS especially considering it was the first time he'd ever shot it, factory trigger and all.

I'm planning my next trip already, trying to figure out when I can escape back to paradise
smile.gif

Sweet! Too bad it's the stage I shot like a turd.
laugh.gif

Can't wait to shoot with you guys again, I thought I was hooked before... I'm pretty sure it's flat out addiction at this point.

captrichardson-
You mention mental state being close to 80%-90%. I read in the book by Lanny Bassham called <span style="text-decoration: underline">With Winning In Mind </span> . The author mentions it is closer to 95%. It is something I need to work on.

Stovetop357-
I have that piece of brass autographed for you. It may be worth something one day.

tullius-
R-P .308 brass bagged up ready to go. Jim may wear bib overalls. I may just go barefoot if he does.

Breeze67-
I'm with the other guys here. Do you have any video where we did any better? Nice pictures though.

I wonder who from the newbe shoot are coming to the Intimidator matches later this month.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry that I couldn't watch everybody shoot all the time, but watching Josh and Francis switch to AR's Sunday was something to see!

Also James and Brandon.
Both of you showed up without a partner.
I put you guys together and watched you become a team.
You worked together between stations.
Cool to see you sign up as partners Sunday too!

</div></div>

Yea, the idea was to learn with what I had, be a sponge all weekend and most importantly to HAVE FUN!! Of which I did all three.

Thanks to all who contributed and I look forward to shooting with you guys again real soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see Brandon do it too.
</div></div>

Don't you worry, I plan on it...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Stovetop357 congrats

Maybe you can show me how to put my head on straight. The rifle is ready but I can seem to slow myself down when its time. Guess that's part of the lesson we are being taught with that Damn timer. Hurry but don't Rush

Thanks everyone for a great weekend

</div></div>

My advise to you is have fun and shoot. You know how to shoot, don't over think it. Let muscle memory take over, it will do what it's supposed to. The past couple weeks I have found myself in this same situation, but Sunday I had fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About dang time, stove. You've been shooting too good for too long not to have cleaned it. Cheers, man.

Also beware of the cleaned short course curse: apparently the next time you shoot it there's a good possibility you'll suck it up. A couple of us know about that now... </div></div>

Thank you sir. Let's hope this "curse" is a joke. I'll find out this weekend I guess.

Brandon

You're only a couple hits away with your .223!
Do you have enough scope to get to target three at station one?
This may be a trick question!
Karl taught me I can do the bonus, but far from a given.

Since your GF loads for you,we can get her shooting too!
Win win for all.

I posted some pics in the other thread.

Okay who's shooting this weekend?
I'll be there Saturday maybe Plus one

Shooting at least one day this weekend, if the .308 gets done in time..

Not looking good for this weekend. Trying to unscramble some things.

Not looking good for this weekend. Trying to unscramble some things.
</div></div>

Wayde!!!

Temp tag expired So I have to go to the DMV tomorrow. Sunday I'm working so I can build a new rilfe
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday I'm working so I can build a new rilfe
grin.gif

</div></div>

Gonna build that 300 RUM are we???

Hey, anyone have an extra 6-9" sling swivel bipod you could bring this weekend? My mail order package didn't come in today.

Shooting off of binocs otherwise (hey, works for hunting)..

I have a 6-9" but it's not a swivel. I won't be there until Sunday though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday I'm working so I can build a new rilfe
grin.gif

</div></div>

Gonna build that 300 RUM are we??? </div></div>

I'm having trouble deciding but leaning towards a 300wsm

I'll be there next weekend all weekend, camping Saturday night.

Stove & OSU,

Please bring 'em: I'll have both days covered that a way.

Thanks fellas & see you there-

This really sucks...took care of a few things on the "Honey Do" today. Really missing the trigger time...thinking about pulling a George Jones at work tomorrow and going shooting. But I can't get the new rifle built that way. Just got to keep thinking I get to shoot both courses twice next weekend and camp.

For the new ones when we shoot a Double start time is something like 8:30 instead of 10:00

Come on wayde. You have the rest of your life to work. What's one day off every now and then?

How long does it typically take you guys to shoot an entire short course match? Long course?

It depends how many show up. On average we start at 10am and are done by 3pm. But like today only six of us shot and we was done by 12:30. Short Course usually goes faster due to more first round hits. Just depends

I got scheduled for Saturday so I won't be shooting the intimidator. I will however be driving down Saturday evening and camping out so I can shoot that double short course! Count me in! And Wayde, do not forget the beans!

And what's the match fee for doubles?

The only 3 shots from Sunday and I left my shooting mat in the back of an F150.
2010-06-20111722.jpg

2010-06-20111853.jpg

2010-06-20115146.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stove & OSU,

Please bring 'em: I'll have both days covered that a way.

Thanks fellas & see you there- </div></div>

And where were you on Sunday mister?