• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP May Shooting Event Schedule

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Heads up for May..some changes from what our website says.

May 8th Short Course
May 9th Intimidator (one round)Team
May 15th Intimidator Endurance - start time 8:30 a.m. Team/Indi. winners
May 16th Short Course
May 22nd Short Course
May 23rd Intimidator
May 29th and 30th Intimidator Two day Indurance course 4 complete matches. 200 rounds ammo minimum. Individule winner and team winners.

More details to come.

Tom
TVP

Re: TVP May Shooting Event Schedule

May 28,29 should be a fun weekend. It almost reminds me of a double double. In a way I guess it is.

van

Tom-

Camping is available. Correct? There are a few hotels around the area too.

This should be a lot of shooting. I did one double Intimidator match. I had a great time. This will be even better x2. I think that will be a long weekend.

van

Will teams be able to join for half of the 29th and 30th weekend?

I woun't be able to make both days.

Sorry for not seeing this sooner.
Looks like a great month!
Coffee can be ready.

Couple guys camping has been ok so far.
Thank-You Tom.

How many want to try the short course with hunting guns?

Great month of shooting, thanks Tom.

My bro is coming down on Sat., but he's not able to stay for the long on Sunday. Anyone interested in teaming up? FYI, I have not shot the long before..

We will find someone for you to team-up with. I have someone in mind. What do you shoot?

Tom
TVP

looking forward to getting back in the saddle. see you for one of these for sure.

.223 AR NM, same gun I shot the short with. 75 gr. match. Rung 800 yd @ Rayner's with ease once the wind settled in. I don't expect to do as well @ TVP. Probably a couple targets I won't hit.

MOA.

If it's only a couple you are worried about then you'll be in the hunt. Wish I only had to worry about not hitting a couple
smile.gif

Topstrap

Anyone willing to carpool with me, I'm in Cincinnati, but willing to meet somewhere. I only have a motorcycle now, so lugging gear and a rifle 4 hours is very difficult. PM me please.

Cant wait to get back out there. Endurance course is going to wreak havoc on my reloading supplies though..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait to get back out there. Endurance course is going to wreak havoc on my reloading supplies though.. </div></div>

Tom just added a month of shooting into two days.
The weekend is perfect.
Thank-you.

There are weekends prior to the last weekend in May. Lets not forget these. I have told my wife not to schedule anything for me on the weekends. She knew why. She knew I would be at Thunder Valley spending the kids' college money trying to beat you guys. I was hoping to be shooting on Mother's Day. I couldn't dodge that one though. I saved a little ammo,the way I see it. I'll use it sometime this month I'm sure.

I'll see some of you at the short course match tomorrow. I hope it stays dry in the morning.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hammer457</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time does the Intimadator usually end, I know it is highly dependant upon the number of shooters.

How about the double intimadator on the 15th? </div></div>

4:00 is probably typical for a single Intimidator course. Getting started on time helps a lot. The double we shot last month started at 9:00 or so and I think it was about 7:00 by the time I headed out the driveway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dgunn,

Yes, it's a double. Hope to see you here.

Tom
TVP </div></div>
Looks like I better get to work,I have alot of reloading to do.
Max

Well another good weekend at TVP has came to an end. A 223 had the high score on the Intimadator (Congrats Karl) and the short course has finally been shot clean, by two shooters in the same match (Congrats Jim & Tim)

2a8m1pw.jpg

2e0kcut.jpg

Thanks for another great day Tom. Targets looked great.

Thanks for the action pics Wayde.
grin.gif

Congrats JIM and TIM for cleaning the short course. Jim almost did it a few weeks ago, glad to see he made it all the way. Good stuff guys.

Jim and Tim-

Good shooting.

Wished I could have made it. Had work to do at home though.

Lets see the action pics.

van

Congratulations to both of you. Good shooting. And to think, you both shattered Dales and my chance to do it first.
frown.gif
Guess there is always that longer course to work on next.

Topstrap

quick question tom, i have a bad neck so i cannot shoot prone. that being said would using one of the tripod rests like they're using in iraq and afghanistan be acceptable???
i hope so or i will just shoot for fun however i can.
thanks
terry

savage338lapua-

I saw your other post about the tripod rest. It made me think. I would not have a problem competeing against somebody that had one of those.

I saw a tripod/rest that was nice and well built. The rest was at R.W.Hart and Sons. Here is a link to their website with the tripod.: http://www.rwhart.com/store52/agora.cgi?...p;ppinc=search2

van

They let me and Dale use one on our visit there. I made the one I used and that was my first test for it at the match. It worked but was not as stable as other methods we've used so I really can't see it being an unfair advantage if you are used to shooting prone. But it's his range and his rules, I just appreciate him letting us compete and putting up with us.

Topstrap

It has been shoot what you bring in the past.
I also would like to learn more about it.
Hey, we let guy's with half a barrel and no stock shoot!

I too wouldn't have a problem with it.
It's about having fun and learning.
See you there.

Congrat on cleaning short.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hey, we let guy's with half a barrel and no stock shoot!

</div></div>

That's a funny line right there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now that the short course has been cleaned we can get some props or position shooting thrown in????

LOL , That was good !

I got my gun for shooting chucks with my Bro.
Finding and shooting with you guys has been a bonus!
I would like to try some more sitting on the short course.

Watching guys shoot offhand was fun a couple weeks ago.

Benches are welcome at TVP. I don't see an issue at all.
So with that said bring'em on out and have fun. I wish I had time to build a couple..I will see what I can do.
This I know will allow a few of my older gents who want to shoot but can't get prone without the pain. I like the idea. Pick it up and move it if we dont need it.

Tom
TVP

thanks tom didnt mean to be a pain in the butt. am looking forward to shooting with you guys again. have my savage 110ba .338 lapua so i am getting it together working on loads.
thanks again
terry

Anybody planning on this weekend?

Terry, We took several plans for benches and combined them to be acessible for most problems.
No dig on anyone, but we figuured out how to put a person with both legs on boards, into a bench.
He can now load said bench into truck by himself.

Tom was a person I never met before last years January shoot.
We were trying to figure out what my Bro may need to shoot that day.(heat)

This past January shoot, he was there.

Sorry to ramble, but many guy's don't survive what he went through.

Others feel it is too cold to get together and spend the day outdoors in January.

Time with friends and buddies is the best dope!

I'll be there Sunday morning for sure. I may swing by Saturday afternoon depending on what time I make it down to Coshoctucky.

I'll be there Saturday
hopefully with my Brother

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thePerforator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's it cost for the short course this weekend? </div></div>

$20 members
$30 non-members

membership is $50

See you guys Sat & Sunday. Have a new 308 to shoot on Sunday..

No pain in the butts here..we got rid of those (banned) a while back and now they are looking for a place to shoot on another thread. Although it doesn't appear they are not having much luck with their smart mouth attitude shinning thru but I do like the business it sent by mentioning us. I look forward to any suggestions an have come to realize after dealing with some real winners (in their own minds) that this really about having fun and learning and we can't make everyone happy even though we try. So, with that said tell us what you want within reason and we will do our best to get it done. I'm working on a plan for benches/tables to shoot from. Discuss this weekend.

Glen, as for don't feed the troll..I wouldn't, he's fat enough.

Tom
TVP

I don't think I'll be up there on Saturday, but me and dad are planning on coming Sunday. 83 deg and sunny right now for Sunday.
smile.gif

Tom,
Are you still thinking of doing some kind of a "one shot,one kill"match,like we talked about last weekend,where everyone get's 1 shot at each target.That sounded really interesting(and fun),maybe guy's can chime in with some input on how a match like that would take place.Maybe run the course 2-3 times around???
Max

Great idea on the benches. There are a lot of shooters that enjoy the long range shooting that are older and have a hard time with going prone. I know your events are geared towards the tactical style of shooting and really appreciate you letting us use our tripod and participating. It's nice to try and shoot a good score but it's really all about learning each time you go out and improving your own personal skills and hopefully getting a couple more targets added to your score when it's all over.

We're planning on coming up again soon for both the short and long range matches. A lot of the fellas we shoot with are more into the hitting of the long range plates and less into the tactical end of it but it's alway fun and enjoyable just to watch the differnt shooting styles and equipment that everyone uses. I think it'll help with the benches and hope that more of our group will tag along to give TVP a try.

Topstrap

Tom,
Kinda up in the air right now.
Having trouble getting that ball joint in and might need Bro's help. If we can get it done, I'll try and make it for Sunday.

Glen

Ill be there sunday with a new shooter and Mark from Short Action Customs.

Should be a good day.

Gonna try for Sunday cant make Sat. Dibs on 1 XL shirt if any left?

woodspider,

Yes, there will be plenty. They promised me they would be done this evening. I will have them in the morning and on Sunday.

Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">woodspider,

Yes, there will be plenty. They promised me they would be done this evening. I will have them in the morning and on Sunday.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Glad to see there will be some shirts.. Ive been wanting one for awhile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharp Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom,

Any thoughts if there is another tie in the short course? </div></div>

Tom,

Just to make sure. According to the posted schedule here, we will be shooting the Intimidator on Sunday correct?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1826015