• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP "newbe" Range Day June 12th 2010

Re: TVP "newbe" Range Day June 12th 2010

Verizon is best.
Couple friends down there find others spotty at times.

Don't worry too much.
Check the weather before you come down and print off a couple charts for different conditions.

We're gonna learn things from you too!

Can't wait to meet all you new shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40*10'33.56N
81*42'54.70W
</div></div>

Google Earth?

If you have never shot past a couple hundred yards before, no problem.
Most bullet makers offer some kind of dope.
If you get a chance to shoot this weekend, work on what you have.

All targets are one MOA or bigger.
Average is over two.
Do you want to know time too?
This is for you guys!

This is for learning, not timiming.
No scores, unless you want to keep track, and learn how we do for shoots.

Would be nice if some teams signed up before we went up the hill.
This would at least give a starting point.

Holy`~*` There are going to be a few people camping.
Six that I know of so far and I'm sure there are more.
Who's bringing the grill?

dgunn clean out your PM's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SophaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom are there still openings for the class?
Thanks

Tim </div></div>

Call him....His number is at the beginning of this thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy`~*` There are going to be a few people camping.
Six that I know of so far and I'm sure there are more.
Who's bringing the grill?

dgunn clean out your PM's

</div></div>

as you wish

Okay guys I need some real numbers of who all is camping at the range. Myself and a few others are bringing food to cook Saturday night and we would like to bring enough for everybody.
So as of now its,
dgunn
theperforator +1
TCA4570
Breeze67(Me) +1

Anyone else camping Saturday night post it or STARVE !!!!
Oh yea we are doing breakfast Sunday morning too.

Later

What kind of Sun shoot is it, and how many rnds needed, Hell I may as well stay since it's 8hrs home and don't know when I'll get back to TVP to shoot. If I stay I guess I'll be camping too. Will be more than willing to help out with the food/Drink. You guys tenting it or what??? The covered firing points and a sleeping bag be good enough for me.
Sat/Sun long term forcast as of now is partly cloudy, highs in the upper 80's lows mid 60's w/ 30% chance of rain.

Sunday is the "Short Coarse" Targets are 170 - 550 round count is Max 36rds(12rds on a good day) Cost is $30 Show/tell you all about it Saturday.
As for camping if you need/want a tent that should be fine, I will be using a cot & sleeping bag, my back don't like the ground anymore.
I will be trying to put together a menu(list) as the week goes on so check back.

So as of now its,
dgunn
theperforator +1
TCA4570
Breeze67(Me) +1
Bushmaster55

Tom, Forgive my ignorance on this forum, but my friend contacted you regarding a "newbe day" in July. Do you have a checklist with ammo amounts, etc. ? I don't want to be a total guber.
Missalot

Check the first page of this thread Tom has a complete list of what we need, don't feel bad I ask this question last week.

Sorry for the delay guys,

Just got back from my daughters graduation. What an awesome day I was blessed with.

No limit to campers.

Yes, I'm trying to schedule a "Newbe" shooter day again ASAP. July is possible and that's what we are shooting for.

No questions is stupid here, so ask away.
Round count....200 is plenty.

Sunday is the SHORT COURSE..cost for members is $20 non-members $30 and if newbes stay over it's $20 for them if it's ok with the club members? I'm feeling generous. Winner gets entry back as always.

Tom
TVP

Any questions at all please ask. That's what we are here for.
Thanks members for answering questions when I can't get here quick enough. What a good group of guys we have this year.

Thanks Tom

Hope I didn't interrupt anything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday is the "Short Coarse" Targets are 170 - 550 round count is Max 36rds(12rds on a good day) Cost is $30 Show/tell you all about it Saturday.
As for camping if you need/want a tent that should be fine, I will be using a cot & sleeping bag, my back don't like the ground anymore.
I will be trying to put together a menu(list) as the week goes on so check back.

So as of now its,
dgunn
theperforator +1
TCA4570
Breeze67(Me) +1
Bushmaster55

</div></div>

Please add myself (Bohem) and Ply1951guy to the camping list.

We will be camping Sat night and shooting Sunday as well. He's bringing a second small grill. Whomever is taking on the food management please PM me with some details of what we should bring/contribute.

Breeze,

No interuption.

I'm trying to schedule a newbe shoot in July.
Will try to have July schedule done this week.

Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more question, any cell reception on TVP ranges? My phone will run JBM ballistic calcs from internet browser, if I can get a signal. </div></div>

Dont count on it if you have Sprint.

The list is growing!
I don't see a problem with the new guys deciding to camp and getting member discount for Sunday.
Some of us are coming to help Sat and never expect to touch a trigger.

We are doing this to show new people a great time.
Many have seen some of our vids and wonder how the F do you do that?

You could be the first person to clean the short course on your first try.(Maybe)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You could be the first person to clean the short course on your first try.(Maybe) </div></div>

Tease

So as of now, campers are

dgunn
theperforator +1
TCA4570
Breeze67(Me) +1
Bushmaster55
bohem
ply1951guy

You will need to bring your beverages I will have a cooler of water for Saturday's shoot.
Still trying to put together the food for Saturday night
But breakfast Sunday is looking good. Eggs, Beacon, Sausage Gravy W/Biscuits. Makes me hungry thinking about it.

Are you sure you just want to have breakfast Sunday?
No shooting?
Thank-you for your support, just like Bartles and James.

Breakfast is for shooters from Saturday.
How can you help us make this better?

Planning on helping out on Saturday if Tom's ok with it. We're playing phone tag. Shooting Sunday.

I got 200rds loaded up. Will this be enough for the weekend?? another 50 maybe? Also, I'm bringing an extra case of water to help add for those who may not bring any. Need anything else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you just want to have breakfast Sunday?
No shooting?
Thank-you for your support, just like Bartles and James.

Breakfast is for shooters from Saturday.
How can you help us make this better? </div></div>

Play nice....Some of us work on the weekends

I'll share my breakfast
wink.gif

As for how many rounds I always bring to many...you never know if there will be time to play after the match.

Wayde

Wayde-

I'll bring some hopps/barley flavored water for Saturday evening after all the weapons have been put to bed for the night.

One case for sure is Yuengling since I know you can't get it in OH and Francis already has a standing request for me to bring some.

With 25 shooters plus helpers we're gonna need a second case for sure, anyone want something different or just make it easy and bring 2 cases of Ying?

I'm bringing 200 rounds of ammo for Sat and another 100 for Sunday. If there's time to throw lead at the mile target I'd like to try. Anyone who wants to try out my cobbled together 7mm with the new Bergers in it is welcome to give it a few.

I'm not sure of my plans just yet, but I may show back up Sunday for breakfast/short course.

Okay I started planning a big dinner for Saturday night then I remembered that we probably wont get done shooting until dark or close to, so I'm keeping it simply.
Hamburgers, hot dogs and cowboy beans.
If someone wants to bring something like...
Buns
chips
plates
flatware

Let me know Thanks guys

Oh and as far as Yuengling never had it or heard of it. From their website there are different kinds what are you bringing?

Already have coffee pot for those who may want some.
Have some of the other basics also.

Yuengling is good.
Kinda like the PA version of Greatlakes, only older brewery!

Still have ammo to burn from the double double.
GTG.

Van that was funny...
If you don't stay you will have to be back early for breakfast.

Trying to show some new shoots a good time so we can do it again sometime.
Wayde

TCA-Which 300? One in the safe is together. Another is scattered here and there. It should be done soon. Besides,a 300 mag is a bit much for the short course. I was thinking something with iron sights.

Who knows? Maybe a slug gun.

Breeze-I should be back early enough. Believe me when I say I can smell good food miles away.

van

There are three of us camping Friday night. Your welcome to join us

Where is south east Ohio...I'm in Londonderry it's around Chillicothe

I would be in for camping friday as well I am not much of a morning person and getting up and driving an hour and a half cuts into my sleep time.:p

Hey Breeze!

I live in New Lexington. I used to go to Coshocton almost every weekend back when I was younger and Coshocton Speedway was still there. Haven't been up that way for a while though so I thought I'd show up early just to be sure I can find it!
Thanks for the invite, I'll plan on it!

BK

FYI
I'll will be at the range to camp Friday night between 7 & 8
Trying for 7 but it will probably be closer to 8

Wayde

Van,
PM sent.

BK,
Might beat Breeze by an hour or three.
The silence and stars are deafening down there at night.
What time might you be coming?

So us three for Friday night?

I will be where the food is!

Marinating some backstraps and doing some nite shooting sounds good to me.

Tom
TVP

You got the straps, I'll have the grill!
Might have to check some taters for Sunday too.

Hey, we have a bunch of work to do!
Pre-work, work party.
Problem is what?

Breeze I got the buns and chips , Pickin up some kick ass beer sticks from the local butcher to top off the beans. Got any guess on how many buns??? Four eight paks give us 32 that enough?