• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP NewBe Shoot September 4th 2010

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters/newbes,

Whoever wants to show up..show up. Cost is $40.00 for the day.
Hasn't been a whole lot of talk about this one but several shooters have said they would like to come out.
See you all Saturday!

Tom

Re: TVP NewBe Shoot September 4th 2010

Oh man, I wish I could make it. I have a race up at Norwalk all weekend, but at some point would love to come down and give something other than 100 yd. bench a try. Hope you have another one here some time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh man, I wish I could make it. I have a race up at Norwalk all weekend, but at some point would love to come down and give something other than 100 yd. bench a try. Hope you have another one here some time. </div></div>

Even if you can't make a Newbie shoot the trip is worth it. The experienced guys out there will coach you through it and answer questions. It's like DisneyLand for steel shooting...

I have been biting my nails waiting to head out to TVP. I'll be there with my bagged lunch
wink.gif

One question, what time will we finish up the day? Just wondering if I should get lodging for the night, or just march back home.

Thanx,
Hugo

It depends on how many people.

I will be camping and shooting Sunday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been biting my nails waiting to head out to TVP. I'll be there with my bagged lunch
wink.gif

One question, what time will we finish up the day? Just wondering if I should get lodging for the night, or just march back home.

Thanx,
Hugo </div></div>

Hugo: stay for the Sunday match - you will enjoy- great weather is forecast.

I would love to show up, need to get my rifle zeroed, how many rounds is usually run through on the newbie shoots?

I would bring at least 50 rounds, more if you have them. There is usually time to shoot from benches afterward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been biting my nails waiting to head out to TVP. I'll be there with my bagged lunch
wink.gif

Thanx,
Hugo </div></div>

Hugo: stay for the Sunday match - you will enjoy- great weather is forecast. </div></div>

I would love to. How much is it to watch on Sunday? I just want to make sure I bring even cash with me. Can you also tell me what would be the closest hotel to the range?

Hugo

No cost to watch. Bring 50-100 rounds per day if you can that way your safe if the bug bites you hard..and it normally does.
Sunday is a long and short course match and if your driving a distance I would plan on staying and shooting. This would be a fun filled weekend of shooting.
Newbe shoot is $40.00
Sunday shoot is $20 members $30 non-members $50 per year membership.
I'm sorry for not being to active on this months newbe shoot thread. I've been overwhelmed with gun builds, training and accessories sales. Oh..and range work.
Event will start at 9:00 a.m. Be here by 8:00 a.m. if you need to zero.
Camping is available Friday and Saturday night.
Bring plenty of food and water.

Thanks,

Hotels are in Coshocton, NewComerstown and Cambridge.
Coshocton and Newcomerstown is close, about 18-20 min.
Cambridge has better food and the women are better looking there too...30 minutes south 77.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No cost to watch. Bring 50-100 rounds per day if you can that way your safe if the bug bites you hard..and it normally does.
Sunday is a long and short course match and if your driving a distance I would plan on staying and shooting. This would be a fun filled weekend of shooting.
Newbe shoot is $40.00
Sunday shoot is $20 members $30 non-members $50 per year membership.
I'm sorry for not being to active on this months newbe shoot thread. I've been overwhelmed with gun builds, training and accessories sales. Oh..and range work.
Event will start at 9:00 a.m. Be here by 8:00 a.m. if you need to zero.
Camping is available Friday and Saturday night.
Bring plenty of food and water.

Thanks, </div></div>

Wow, sounds good. I should be rolling into town at about 2am or 3am on Sturday morning. I'll camp out in my SUV the first night. Is the camping on site? If it is on site, or if it's close by, I may just sleep in the SUV.

Thanx for all the help,
Hugo

Camping is on site, My shooting partner and myself will be camping both nights.

Due to some unforeseen issues My shooting partner and myself will not be camping either night.
See everyone Saturday morning

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to some unforeseen issues My shooting partner and myself will not be camping either night.
See everyone Saturday morning </div></div>

Hey Wayde, I'll be there again Friday night! (Wish you could be there again, really enjoy the conversation!) Bringing my son this time (Raw newbie!!) Borrowed a gun for him (Savage OF COURSE!!) Weather supposed to be great!

See you Saturday!
DW

PS: Bringin my brand new chrono this time, should get a good work out!! LOL

Sorry to bother you guys again...... But, can I shoot my .338LM at this range?

Thanx,
Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to bother you guys again...... But, can I shoot my .338LM at this range?

Thanx,
Hugo </div></div>

Yep

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to bother you guys again...... But, can I shoot my .338LM at this range?

Thanx,
Hugo </div></div>

Yep </div></div>

Sweeeet! I didn't want to show up with the wrong rifle, and not be able to shoot. I'm driving about 10 hours to shoot this course......
wink.gif

If you can, bring something smaller to shoot the short course.
.338's are fine on the long course.

Thanks,

Working Saturday. See you guys Sunday, looking forward to shooting the long & short together, heard it's lots of fun.

Thanx for a great day guys, and gal. I will be driving back to my angry wife this evening. I hope next time I'll be able to stay longer, and try my stick out on the Intimidator.

Hugo

Looks perfect tomorrow. I can't wait!!!! Should be nice and windy!!

Josh

Tried to send a PM to make sure you have room for Rodent and myself at the shoot tomorrow. We'll see you in the morning. I'll be confirming zero after some scope adjustments.

Can't wait.

Josh

Had a great day thanks alot for all the help, love my gun but hate shooting prone lol, perfect range.

Another fantastic day. Thanks so much for putting on the match on Sunday. It was a great time. We shot the short and the long course. Great time. The weather could not have been better.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J. A. Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another fantastic day. Thanks so much for putting on the match on Sunday. It was a great time. We shot the short and the long course. Great time. The weather could not have been better.

Josh </div></div>

Great weather, except for the 12 to 18 mph wind! The wind anded to the learning curve. 100% great time!