• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Twin Falls, Idaho, Jan 1. PICTURES ARE UP

idahojay

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2008
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Tactical Rifle Match
New Years Day
The Chosen Frozen Shoot
To get to the shoot take Highway 93 south of twin Falls. The turn off of Highway is 93 between mile 31 and 32. At the junction of 2900 Turn West. Go straight for 1 mile on 2900 the pavement ends continue straight west on the dirt road through a few cattle guards. The shoot is exactly 6 miles from HY 93 and is easy to find. Saturday night after the shoot we will be serving Alaska Caribou stew to all shooters.
Safety briefing is at 9:30 AM.
This is a small pack of local shooters just getting together for some fun with the following goals
1 Safety Is First; Safety is every ones responsibility we all need to be aware of this.
2 Learn, have fun, become better shooters and meet other local shooters.
3 Have some friendly competition

Please No Alcohol during the shooting day
No (FMJ) full metal Jacket rifle ammo or tracers as they are a fire hazard and are hard on our targets. Shooting glasses or safety glasses are required to shoot at our targets.
Also please bring 1 garbage bag with you, we want to leave the place cleaner than we find it and encourage everyone to pick up any trash that they find around the shooting area.
Long range rifle shooting
Recommend 50 rounds rifle ammo. This is not a team event but we encourage people to spot for each other so bring a spotting scope and tripod if you can.
We use steel reactive targets made from AR 500 steel for the rifle course. Targets range in size from 6" disks to 24"x28". Targets set at distances of 200 - 950 yards. Rangefinders are OK for all stages on this shoot. All long range shooting will be from prone so bring a mat or ground cloth if you want to stay out of the dirt mud or snow.
For more info email Jerry at [email protected]

Re: Twin Falls, Idaho, Jan 1. The Chosen Frozen Shoot

i think you have the best name so far for a winter shoot
" the chosen frozen " lol . sounds like fun wish i could make it .

will you pick me up from the airport please,....
MVC-025S-1.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline">IF</span> I have my new stick up and running I'll be there it not I'll make the next one

Have a good Christmas Jay

Tucker

Ranger1183, You are five miles to far west. Back up to Berger Reservoir, 1800 East

BOLTRIPPER, Yes we will pick you up at airport. It is not to far from where the shoot is held. Your picture leads me to believe you are used to shooting in snowy windy weather.

Tucker, Hope you are feeling better! Look forward to seeing you if you are ready.

Jay. [email protected] 208-720-6995

Hmmm...Was thinking about flying up there for that. 90 min flight from SLC...
Well, if the weather supports a short flight in a Cessna, I might try and get up there! It's always nice to shoot with new people at new ranges!

WuLitian; We look forward to having you shoot with our group. Contact Jerry at [email protected] if you have any questions concerning the Twin Falls airport, he will have the answers. We will of course pick you up.

Jay

New to this site, but shoot long range FTR up here in Idaho falls and we would welcome any newcomers up here this spring at our matches. Would like to hear more on sniper shoots and any related shoots you have down in your area. I need to find sniper competitions within a reasonable distance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

This was an outstanding match the directors did....
Many thanks to them for the job they did .....
Targets from 234 yards to 1300 yards and the wind well it made
for a challenging shoot....
Was it COLD that is one thing at 10 degrees and a steady breeze
well the wind chill.......
Thanks again to all....

We had a good turn out with sixteen shooters. We had some real shooters in this group with nice weapon systems. The weather was on our side with 4 deg F to start and around 14 at the end with only a moderate wind. Jerry and I never colected the score sheets at the end,,,WOOPS!
I would like to thank all that joined in, it was good fellowshiping and shooting.
I would also like to thank Jerry for all his hard work, time and of course the Caribu Stew.
Bob and his grandson for helping with set-up, tear down and bringing the heater.
All that helped with tear down and unloading at the airport.
To Mike's Girlfriend for taking the pictures, (hope your feet warmed up).
To Buzz for ROing the second squad.
And to all that came out. We look forward to doing it again in early March, maybe Febuary but we will have to wait and see.
Jerry and I would appreciate any and all input as to how we can make these match's better.

Thank you.

Jay 208-720-6995 [email protected]

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg