• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two Box Chrono - Chronograph?

Kwe1982

Captain
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Wisconsin
Does anyone have any experience with the two box chronograph?

I know Lowlight had mentioned it in an earlier post, just haven't seen any more on it.

Thanks

Been traveling and have not revisited it...

It's definitely a learning experience, it's not as intuitive as you would think, and you have to set it up forward of the line by a good distance so that means a cold range if you are not alone.

I found the aiming posts have to be removed to properly register the sound, they can block the report. Also the window is a little smaller than advertised, in fact putting the boxes on a tripod and shooting off a bench appears to be better than setting up in the prone, but again, I need to test it further.

It was definitely not a drop it down, turn it on and be up and running, there is more effort involved vs the MagnetoSpeed or Labradar

Last edited:
I had a labradar and have had a magnetospeed for a couple of years. I'd really like to see if the SD's recorded are really that much better than the magnetospeed. I've managed to find one person who did that and the difference was negligible.

I had a labradar and have had a magnetospeed for a couple of years. I'd really like to see if the SD's recorded are really that much better than the magnetospeed. I've managed to find one person who did that and the difference was negligible.

Why don't you have the Labradar anymore?

Played with one shortly after they were available. Had zero issues with it at all. Keep the instructions close by the first couple times you use it. As Lowlight said, not quite as intuitive as I'd like. Then again neither is the Labradar.
However my buddy and I had zero issues at all setting it up. It registered everything we shot over it, we were shooting prone, no issues. I believe we set it up about 10ft or maybe less in front of the muzzle. I can't remember if we removed the aiming sights or not.
If I didn't have almost unlimited access to a labradar and was going to buy my own chrono, I would be buying a 2 box chrono.

Why don't you have the Labradar anymore?

It worked great for a short while easily registering my 22 creedmoor, 6 creedmoor and 6.5 WSM. Then, all of a sudden, it would read them a few 100 fps slow or not at all. They sent me a remanufactured unit and it did the same. The new one they sent after that also did the same. The whole time I was shooting at the same range and nearly the same bench. We never did figure out what happened. Nothing that I know of changed at the range (large private range).

They were great to deal with for customer service. Responsive, quick to ship and just generally stellar customer service. For some reason that thing didn't like the range I use.

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if something could have been installed somewhere around the range that caused 3 units to do that.

That's what I've wondered but it's pretty remote and wide open and I can't find anything new.

Got my 2-box yesterday and hope to test it with the MS this weekend. I'll report back my experience.

I was out with the Two Box Chrono yesterday and had much, much better results

Had it just off the ground and it worked in the prone.

Used the longest setting and accuracy was much better. You have to lined up and accuracy in set up as it will deviate. I moved slightly off center and it registered this way too, with much different numbers, about 200fps less than being perfectly lined up. But when you line it up, remove the aiming guides and for me, using the longest setting I am much better results.

I think a small set of Joby type tripods would be the best option, I ended up putting them on the MTM style 50 round boxes, worked well.