• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two Navy SEALs answered the call-

Re: Two Navy SEALs answered the call-

Yeah its pretty sickening. I can't imagine being in that situation with no help. Fuck they could at least done a damn show of force with some fast movers if they were worried about innocents. The more that comes out, the more I just shake my head in shame of our countries actions on this.

It's tempting to say, "I would have opened fire on the mortar regardless of authorization.", and it speaks volumes about the professionalism of the two men that they did not, and followed orders though their lives were endangered.
It is a sad thing that they died because of spineless politicians, like so many other good men have.

Rest in peace.

1911fan

Sacrificial lambs in a scenario that we have a fraction of information on.

By all outside observations, it seems like a colossal travesty!
Bless their souls.

My response:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiQazjMVBMI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiQazjMVBMI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So fucking aggravated...

The whole situation is off, and nothing that's come out has made it any better. Sad that while we can be proud of the individual courage of the men on the ground, we cannot say the same of our government's support of them. But then that's the same old song isn't it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends</div></div>

John 15:13

So the "boss" denies help and goes to Vages.

No its not Political, its CRIMINAL

Absolutely incredible that two former SEALS could hold off dozens of heavily armed rebel vehicles for over 6 hours. It Just goes to show how insanely bad ass those guys were.

They should be posthumously awarded the Freedom Medal.

The whole event makes me upset but at the same time those guys make me proud to be an American.

Ok, I am just going to go ahead and say it. The way it went down, from what I know, and the blatant refusal of command to ok for them to go ahead and help along with countless other calls for help almost seems like this was intentional IMO. And, yes it was intentional, we know that much but by who? When you have people blatantly refusing help like that in this kind of situation it makes me think our own wanted this group taken out for whatever reason. Call me crazy if you want but that is the way I feel about it. It is definitely strange. All one would have to do is piss off a higher up somewhere and said higher up pays some terrorists some money and gives them weapons to make it happen, said higher up's problem is now gone. I think a lot of investigating needs to go on in a lot of happenings within our own government and the machine.

6 plus hours Doherty and Woods fought and held off the horde thinking help had to be on the way.

They were wrong, and SOMEONE made the decision to let them die.

How many people in "war rooms" in DC watched and listened in <span style="font-weight: bold">real time</span> as these brave men were murdered.

If this isnt "scandalous" I don't know what is anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Relentless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you know this is probably gonna end up being Bush's fault! </div></div>

You are so right, it is not even funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Controlled Chaos Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">somebody's ass should be on a platter over this. they hung this whole group out to dry and hoped it would not escalate... </div></div>

If you jack the bus up high enough, it's frightening how many bodies can be thrown underneath there.

W.out going political on this, there is an awful lot in this that reminds me of Mogadishu...

And agree w. the sentiments that some heads should roll.

I understand that mistakes happen. Errors in judgement happen. Situations get under-estimated. Decisions to send backup can take time and may be too late. IMHO, there was enough time here... but I am willing to accept when honest errors are made AND recognized.

Also, the American people are almost always willing to forgive honest mistakes and accept an honest admission that mistakes were made and that 'we'll do better next time.' Bad things happen sometimes.

But cover-ups, lying, disingeuous statements and false positions bring our wrath... And I can't see anything in the Benghazi debacle that has 'honest' written anywhere on it. Furious does not even begin to describe my opinion on the handling. IMHO, our heroes were left to die.

With deference and respect to our fallen SEALs and condolences to their families... And hope that justice is served on those who sacrificed them...

Sirhr

I agree that as more comes to light, the more this seems like it was intentional.

I found myself thinking "How on earth could they even attempt a cover up on this", when the answer dawned on me:

Because they successfully covered up the last 9 things like this.

I cannot help but be pissed right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6 plus hours Doherty and Woods fought and held off the horde thinking help had to be on the way.

They were wrong, and SOMEONE made the decision to let them die.

How many people in "war rooms" in DC watched and listened in <span style="font-weight: bold">real time</span> as these brave men were murdered.

If this isnt "scandalous" I don't know what is anymore.
</div></div>

Couldn't agree more.

Lots of information is cascading in now. The effort to stem the tide until after the election may yet succeed but for those with even two grams of grey matter, the jury is in.

CIA issued a statement yesterday stating in no uncertain terms that they refused nothing to those on the ground: The denial comes from only one chair and it was done to avoid being made a fool of for having repeatedly said AlQueda is decimated.

On September 11th, 2012.

These people were sacrificed by cynical cowards to preserve a myth in the service of even greater mendacity. That they could have been helped is now established as fact. Perhaps they still might have died but the consulate may have been saved and the attackers truly decimated. But that was deemed to be harmful for the election chances of President Feckless.

Scandalous.

The mainstream media is carrying the administrations water on this by pretty much ignoring it. As other news sources drag it out they are forced to report the details just not as vigorously.

Now we have a hurricane and the admin is hoping everyone focuses on the weather rather than the Benghazi CF.

The administration has exposed their stupidity. If their intent is re-election the guy that would have you think he personally killed Bin Laden missed his greatest opportunity to ride in on his white horse and make a bad situation better. What would be his place in the polls now if he had of made an effort to save people in Libya and looked like a protector of America and its people?

As usual without the teleprompter/handlers he exposed his core feelings and beliefs with his refusal to act - he does not give a steaming crap about America or its people. He is the wet dream of Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayres bringing their hate to fruition.

The family of one of the SEALS is beginning to talk. The father was struck by OBams weak condolence and his inability to look him in the eye. This grieving man also had to deal with the crass comment of that idiot Biden at Andrews to wit "Has your son always had balls as big as cue balls?" This came out yesterday. Really? These are the people we have running the country?

There is not a person in the administration worthy of the sack sweat from the honorable people working for the good of the USA while their leaders conspire to weaken the country to their personal benefit.

Exposure of the details in this situation must not be postponed or sidelined. If people were upset by a couple of guys breaking into a rival political parties office certainly we should still have enough morality to be pissed when our leaders willfully allow the murder of citizens/officials.

Where are the military leaders in the know that are aware of the details? How do they justify their obligations to their subordinates by standing silent while this situation occured? Does anyone in this administration have the balls to do the right thing? Honorable people would be resigning or eating the barrel of their M9 instead of becoming complicit with the sacrifice of these good people. Unfortunately that type of honor disappeared a long time ago if it ever even existed.

Pmclaine,

Very well put sir. Your very last few sentences explain why we're Hopelessly Screwed as a country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the military leaders in the know that are aware of the details? How do they justify their obligations to their subordinates by standing silent while this situation occured?</div></div>

Warriors are no longer promoted to flag or GO ranks. Most are career politicians (Clark comes to mind). Men such as Puller and Moore would probably never make it past Lt Col.

Patton would have been dismissed as unfit for service. This world is insane.

Pray VERY hard that 0bama is not re-elected. Work VERY hard to prevent it, too.

Sorry if that is too political.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patton would have been dismissed as unfit for service. This world is insane. </div></div>

You seem to forget the treatment that Patton received, as it was.

Well you cant be slapping soldiers in the hospital but the powers that be realized what he was capable of and they did all they could to make sure he was available post D-Day.

Dont want to get off topic though arguing about ball-less military leaders. Bengazi and the deaths are way too important to let this go.

Word in some circles is we had support in the air, but were told no go on shooting. Makes sense if they were laser painting, as reports have stated.

This needs to be investigated to the fullest extent of the law, and the lack of transparency is vomit inducing.

Lying to the father, do they have any self control? Is the desire to be top dog that strong?

Hats off to Mr Woods and Mr Doherty, you are true heroes, I hope my children will have your resolve and courage.

I will remember these warriors as we all should. Whatever you decide, please make sure your VOTE is counted. America needs to wake up one way or another. Im disgusted and hope we can make a difference.

This is the lead story in Blackwater's "Tactical Weekly" which is e-mailed to all 'alumni.' It makes interesting reading.

Probably the most complete and well-written look at the Benghazi debacle I have read or seen.

http://blackwaterusa.com/low-profile-in-...tm_medium=email

As with anything from any source, take it for what it is. But I thought it was well done.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Helluva read. Thanks, Sihr.

Is it me, or has there been a significant decrease in Marines at Embassies over the past few years? Last I checked, the Marines have traditionally been Embassy guards with a significant repelling force that was well equipped for such incursions. Thinking out loud makes me wonder if the absence of Marines at embassies is by design

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word in some circles is we had support in the air, but were told no go on shooting. Makes sense if they were laser painting, as reports have stated.

This needs to be investigated to the fullest extent of the law, and the lack of transparency is vomit inducing.

Lying to the father, do they have any self control? Is the desire to be top dog that strong?

Hats off to Mr Woods and Mr Doherty, you are true heroes, I hope my children will have your resolve and courage. </div></div>

This is what concerns me most. You have SEALs on the roof, lighting up an enemy mortar position with a laser designator. They wouldn't do this unless air assets were present.

Someone made the decision not to fire. My guess is that it got nixed on the advice of a government lawyer, likely over worries that drone strikes may anger the local population.

They had a choice between letting Americans die, or possibly offending the locals. And this choice was left to an administration more concerned with political correctness than American lives, as has already been made painfully clear by the ROEs imposed on US forces.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it me, or has there been a significant decrease in Marines at Embassies over the past few years? Last I checked, the Marines have traditionally been Embassy guards with a significant repelling force that was well equipped for such incursions. Thinking out loud makes me wonder if the absence of Marines at embassies is by design </div></div>

A lot of that work is done by DOD Contractors now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentStalkr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I am just going to go ahead and say it. The way it went down, from what I know, and the blatant refusal of command to ok for them to go ahead and help along with countless other calls for help almost seems like this was intentional IMO. And, yes it was intentional, we know that much but by who? When you have people blatantly refusing help like that in this kind of situation it makes me think our own wanted this group taken out for whatever reason. Call me crazy if you want but that is the way I feel about it. It is definitely strange. All one would have to do is piss off a higher up somewhere and said higher up pays some terrorists some money and gives them weapons to make it happen, said higher up's problem is now gone. I think a lot of investigating needs to go on in a lot of happenings within our own government and the machine. </div></div>

Interesting take on the situation. It's been said that in times of crisis, the nation tends to vote for the incumbent. But this time it could backfire on the incumbent.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for military personnel; even more so for those few who are in nearly all cases outnumbered and still stand their ground.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mainstream media is carrying the administrations water on this by pretty much ignoring it. As other news sources drag it out they are forced to report the details just not as vigorously.
</div></div>

+10000000000000

The media is trying to win a debate on behalf of Obama's administration.

Obama's opponents are trying to expose the fact that he lied and tried to cover up by blaming it on some stupid youtube video. His supporters, on the other hand, are trying to defend by saying Obama did indeed acknowledge the incident as an act of terrorism....and this right here is the sticking point that Obama's side wants the public to focus on. The public seems perfectly content to ignore that however the administration chooses to label the incident, the fact remains they did nothing in light of what is undeniably an attack on American citizenry, government officials and military personnel.

The whole debate over how to label the incident derails the topic and that is how they will sway public opinion. Turn the situation away from negligence by failure to act and toward a semantic debate that seems harmless.

Not to make light of the situation but it reads like the South Park Wookie defense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the lead story in Blackwater's "Tactical Weekly" which is e-mailed to all 'alumni.' It makes interesting reading.

Probably the most complete and well-written look at the Benghazi debacle I have read or seen.

http://blackwaterusa.com/low-profile-in-...tm_medium=email

As with anything from any source, take it for what it is. But I thought it was well done.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

Incredible, just incredible.

This needs to be reposted everywhere, disgusting how Busch League the leadership is. Also heard this morning that Penetta was pointing to the General in charge for Africa saying he said no to support, that General told Congressman Chaffetz that he never gave such order.

Some serious ass covering going on right now.

Ya'll are talking about the media. And the administration. and the Benghazi debacle. Ya'll seem to be in an uproar about it.

(righteously so, don't get me wrong)

But at least ya'll AIN'T talking about F&F anymore, eh?

Don't look over there, look over here! The Caravan is moving, and the dogs are barking at it. Watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So fucking aggravated... </div></div>

This is how i feel, it's absolutely ridiculous and it seems nothing is going to be done or anyone be questioned about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentStalkr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I am just going to go ahead and say it. The way it went down, from what I know, and the blatant refusal of command to ok for them to go ahead and help along with countless other calls for help almost seems like this was intentional IMO. And, yes it was intentional, we know that much but by who? When you have people blatantly refusing help like that in this kind of situation it makes me think our own wanted this group taken out for whatever reason. Call me crazy if you want but that is the way I feel about it. It is definitely strange. All one would have to do is piss off a higher up somewhere and said higher up pays some terrorists some money and gives them weapons to make it happen, said higher up's problem is now gone. I think a lot of investigating needs to go on in a lot of happenings within our own government and the machine. </div></div>

Someone just finished watching "Safe House" lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MattDamnit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how men can leave fellow Americans out to dry like that... It's just fucking cowardly </div></div>

They answered the call. I'd still like to know just why in the fuck nobody answered theirs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MattDamnit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how men can leave fellow Americans out to dry like that... It's just fucking cowardly </div></div>

They answered the call. I'd still like to know just why in the fuck nobody answered theirs. </div></div>

Unfortunately it being weeks before the election you know it will end up forgotten by the general populace and the media won't say shit to bring it back up. No one's going to take the blame and they're just waiting for everyone to turn their attention elsewhere in hopes of escaping the OVERdue consequence.

I just heard a snippet on the news that a senior general and a senior admiral have been relieved of command in Africa and the 'Med. Not sure who, which billets or why... but I bet dollars to donuts that it has something to do with Benghazi.

Do we see scapegoats being identified? Or did these guys push too hard for a response back on 9/11?

More to come, I am sure.

Following closely... That is as long as we have power!

Sirhr

Looks like the obligatory fall-guy has been selected.

Back to sleep America.........back to sleep.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, the commander of the USS John C. Stennis strike group, is being returned to the United States for temporary reassignment.

In a statement the Navy said it had approved a request made by Vice Adm. John W. Miller, the Commander of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, to temporarily reassign Gaouette “pending the results of an investigation by the Navy Inspector General.”

The statement said Gaoutte would return to the carrier’s home port of Bremerton, Washington.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/201...-investigation/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MattDamnit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how men can leave fellow Americans out to dry like that... It's just fucking cowardly </div></div>

They answered the call. I'd still like to know just why in the fuck nobody answered theirs. </div></div>

No shit. This pisses me off to the point I can't see straight.

Just read the article, the Commander of Afri-com was relieved within minutes of getting the Stand down order, when instead of standing down, he reportedly moved a ready reaction team within striking distance and hold. The Admiral was relieved in the middle of a deployment to a "temporary assignment on shore, and not "officially" relieved. Do a google search, the news is out there, just not on CNN (of course).