• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Two Stage Trigger Alternative for LMT MWS

77Bronc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Louisiana
My MWS factory 2-stage trigger is good, but I feel it could be better or another trigger could be better. I want to retain the 2 stage function and was wondering what is a better two stage on the market?

Re: Two Stage Trigger Alternative for LMT MWS

The nicest 2 stage I've ever felt was a properly adjusted KAC.

my preference is the geissles, but for the most cost effective I have a factory 2 stage Rock River that is fabulous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my preference is the geissles, but for the most cost effective I have a factory 2 stage Rock River that is fabulous </div></div>

RRA is definitely the best bang for the buck

Factory RRAs are all over the map on weight, weight distribution, and quality of pull. Holliger tunes them for a reasonable fee and turns them into something consistent from trigger to trigger. Don't set your expectations too high when taking one from RRA and dropping it in your rifle and you won't be disappointed.

The Giessele SSA saves you a few bucks over his Match variants yet still gives you a consistent trigger right out of the bag. Also, no screws to get messed with or move around when looking at a duty application rather than a games application.

The gap between a so-so out of the box RRA and an SSA is huge. A tuned RRA tightens the gap with the advantage going to the SSA. If you don't want the intermediate step of sending the RRA off to Holliger, just get an SSA and be done with it.

The Geissele SSA is an excellent non-adjustable trigger. Nothing to fiddle with.

Has anybody felt the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E?
I am trying to decide between the 2 and wanted to know what you guys think.

I've used the RRA (National Match 2 stage) in multiple rifles where they were factory installed and have installed them in a few. I've had great results with them.

I could be mistaken but I thought that was the same trigger LMT offered as their upgraded 2 stage trigger at one time.

I've tried (and sold) a bunch of AR triggers and like the Wilson Combat TTU the best. I highly recommend the TTU; however, if you're on a budget the RRA NM is pretty hard to beat.

I have a Geissele SD-E going in my MWS once it is out of layaway. I did install the trigger in an AR lower just to try it, very nice take up and break without much overtravel.

The SD-E is essentially the SSA-E with a straight trigger instead of curved.

Is the SSA a two stage? Funds are not an issue, I would like to get a good trigger.

I had the RRA triggers in RRA NM lowers I had years back and they were good, but issue I had is one or two suddenly lost their two stage and felt gritty.

I had someone from another forum do a trigger job and that did not turn out good, I had to throw it away, it never worked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the SSA a two stage?</div></div>

Yes.

I have 9 Giessele SSA-E's and all of them have been fantastic. They are two stage and I have not had to do any adjustments of any kind. I had 3 RR 2 stage NM and one was very good and two sucked.

I'd also like to highly recommend the Geissele trigger, whether it be the SSA or SSA-E, both are fantastic. I just upgraded the RRA 2 stage trigger in my AR lower to a Geissele SSA-E and I'm very happy that I did. The trigger was really easy to install and feels great, trigger feel is subjective but it does feel better than the RRA that it replaced.

Hard not to recomend Geissele. Wide selection of pull weights and trigger styles. They are designed to be one of the most durable triggers out there. They also make two stage adjustable versions that are supposed to be the ultimate in light pull and crisp break. I find the SD-E and SS-E to be plenty light and crips for myt uses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dog Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anybody felt the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E?
I am trying to decide between the 2 and wanted to know what you guys think.</div></div>

Paging Killshot...

He's had both in his POF, if he doesn't show up here you should PM him.

My understanding is the SSA-E has a slightly altered sear angle from the SSA, so its lighter pull is not just a function of different springs as it is with the 3 different adjustable match triggers.