• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two stage trigger.

Mississippi327

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2018
Georgia
I shoot prs matches and am considering putting a two stage on my impact Precision 6br currently run a jewel give me some advantages of 2 stage over single stage sure this is beat to death on here already.

Depends on what you’re used to.
I shoot AR-15’s that all have two stage triggers on them
My Savage LRP has an OEM target Accu-Trigger, so i treat it like a two stage trigger- depressing the blade is the first stage, the trigger shoe it’s self is the second stage.
I just put a KRG trigger in my Tikka CTR because it’s two stage... the Tikka OEM trigger was great, light, crisp, simple, adjustable, etc. but single stage.

The first stage of a two stage gives me the opportunity to mentally check myself while the single stage doesn’t have that opportunity.

Used them all - Timney CE, Huber, BnA Marksman and TacSport, Geissele S700, Tubb T700 , AI AX. If you are using a pistol grip the trigger bow on the Geissele will not give you a good feel (MPA, MDAT chassis), Huber non adjustable (or was), Timney has most creep. My favorite is the Tubb for a pistol grip, geissele for a traditional stock (have it in my hunting rifles). BnA fits and works in all, great adjustability - its the "all rounder" choice.

I’m running the mpa chassis I was sold on tac sport until I heard they have issues on impact surgeons and I believe big horns.

The only advantage I know of is that it’s theoretically more difficult to have a negligent discharge with a two stage trigger. I remain unconvinced, but clearly it’s what you’re used to since soo many people compete with them.

I have light single stages on my comp guns, and heavier 2 stages on my field guns. I get why someone would only want to run one or the other, but it doesn’t bother me a bit as long as I’m familiar with how that rifle breaks.

Used them all - Timney CE, Huber, BnA Marksman and TacSport, Geissele S700, Tubb T700 , AI AX. If you are using a pistol grip the trigger bow on the Geissele will not give you a good feel (MPA, MDAT chassis), Huber non adjustable (or was), Timney has most creep. My favorite is the Tubb for a pistol grip, geissele for a traditional stock (have it in my hunting rifles). BnA fits and works in all, great adjustability - its the "all rounder" choice.

I've used the Calvin elite two stage and the tubb and the tubb is extremely adjustable in basically every aspect which lends it to being a better trigger, it also feels 10x better. I haven't gotten time behind the other triggers though to say it's better than the others though.

I run 2 stage bix tac sports in my bighorn and vudoo. I like being able to pull thru the first stage to the wall and have a more controlled break thru the second stage. I found myself getting suprised too often with a 12 oz single stage in barricade and time sensitive PRS situations.

I run 2 stage bix tac sports in my bighorn and vudoo. I like being able to pull thru the first stage to the wall and have a more controlled break thru the second stage. I found myself getting suprised too often with a 12 oz single stage in barricade and time sensitive PRS situations.
This.

Learned on an AI and precision ARs so it's hard to switch. I had a TT diamond and prone it was great but I missed the wall of a 2 stage.

Timney CE here and I have no issues with it. Needs to be timed to my origin but with a TL3 en route and trigger tech releasing 2 stages I'm gonna wait to do that and deal with the little but of cock on close in case I switch everything to the TTs

Yep. As Frank puts it, a 2-stage allows you to “marry” to the trigger, giving you a chance to be absolutely positive you want to continue through the second stage.

I shoot mostly Glocks, which have a 2-stage feel. My ARs run a 2-stage, and my AI is a 2-stage. I do have some other firearms with single stage triggers, but by and large I prefer a 2-stage and would switch most if I could.

Bix 2 stage tac sport here.. love it. Like others have mentioned, I feel the wall between stages gives better control over the break. There have been times I thought I was steady enough to break a shot on a positional stage and my reticle moves when pressing the 1st stage.. helping me realize I need to address my position/form.

While many folks have given solid advice on the “what” trigger, I can only help on the “why”. I, like another poster above, shoot an A.I., and have multiple AR-15/AR-10. All of them have 2stage triggers. I very much like a 2 stage for the reliability, and the predictability. I love coming through the first stage and hitting the wall on the 2nd stage. You can camp there a second, make sure everything is perfect, give one final breath etc. Then, when you’re ready, 2 pounds of pressure and bang!!
I know many on here shoot triggers in the 12-16 oz range. I’m not in that camp. Probably the 22 years of LEO where shot accountability and being pounded about AD/ND’s. I’m just PERSONALLY not completely comfortable with a trigger that light. Not saying they are wrong, that weight works for them, but I prefer a bit more weight and feel.
That’s my 2 cents on 2 stages. ?

I’m running the mpa chassis I was sold on tac sport until I heard they have issues on impact surgeons and I believe big horns.
Thats the first Ive heard note of it, any links or pointers to where I could find more info? I do notice that bullet central took impact off the default top sear options.

I have a Super 700 on my TL3, and a single stage BNA on my M2013. I’m likely to replace the BNA on my M2013 with another Geissele, and stick the BNA on the NRA any/any rifle I’m building.

I like 2 stage triggers when you’re gonna be shooting in shitty conditions. It lets me use a lighter pull weight than I’d otherwise feel confident carrying around in the woods and hills.

Given my choice, all things being equal, on a comp gun, on a range, BNA single stage every time.

Problem is, I don’t live out west anymore, and nice ranges are hard to come by in northwest Arkansas.

The Geissele/TL3 is in an AX AICS chassis, no issues with trigger shoe feel, fitment, etc.

It’s not a Bix’N Andy, and anyone that says it’s that good has the finger sensitivity of a dead chicken, but it’s still a really damn good trigger and it’s not going anywhere. It’d be hard to get me to change the S700 out unless it fails. Granted, I’ve only got a couple hundred rounds and a few thousand dry fires on it, so it’s not even settled in yet.

Reactions: deersniper
2 stage triggers provide superior trigger control over a single stage trigger. Single best gear related decision I made in this sport is swap from a single stage TT to a 2 stage BnA Tacsport.

I'm a big fan of the BnA Tacsport trigger, for both pure function/feel and adjustability. Almost all my rifles sport a BnA Tacsport now.

here's the real question, when are the TT 2 stages coming out

I believe they stated "middle of this year" in the SHOT2019 video from 6.5Guys:

I have the Geissele Super700, and it is good, but I want a straight trigger bow. Thus a Trigger Tech will be in my future.

I have the Geissele Super700, and it is good, but I want a straight trigger bow. Thus a Trigger Tech will be in my future.

we're about in 'middle of the year'

I'm running a Huber Concepts. It's worth having a conversation with John Huber about this. He's put a huge amount of thinking into what it takes to make triggers with super low lockup times as it relates to human kinetics. And, considering the scope is the first thing you interact with and the trigger is the last, really understanding those two components and how the human interacts with them is a super cool part of this sport. (Also, I'm kind of a nerd)

I'm running a Huber Concepts. It's worth having a conversation with John Huber about this. He's put a huge amount of thinking into what it takes to make triggers with super low lockup times as it relates to human kinetics. And, considering the scope is the first thing you interact with and the trigger is the last, really understanding those two components and how the human interacts with them is a super cool part of this sport. (Also, I'm kind of a nerd)

I’d absolutely buy another Huber.
Fast delivery.
Passionate about their product.
Extremely good tigger feel.

I don’t need adjustment.
I know what I want for pull weight and they delivered.

Reactions: Mississippi327
I ordered the Geissele super 700 to try it from brownells if I don’t like it Huber is where I’m going.

I have a Bix n Andy 2 stage tac sport pro and I really like the crispness and adjustability. For bolt guns, I really prefer 2 stage, but AR I run super light single stage. I feel like I have more control over exactly when I want the gun to go off for precision shots over single stage, plus I can mentally prep. Only thing is the tac sport pro doesn't have over travel adjustment for the second stage and the trigger shoe is relatively thin, if that matters to you.

Also looking forward to a TT 2 stage. Thinking about one for my next build.

I agree with being able to take up the creep in a 2 stage and break your shot when on target but mine is set at 8 oz and honestly I don’t even feel the first stage. My AR two stage is 2.5 lbs and has a noticeable difference between stage one and two. I completely disagree with ND’s being less likely with two stage triggers anything under a 1lb with poor rifle charged control is going to lead to ND’s and sometimes heavier.