Two vets no name jr tripod users ?

Nodayhunter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2019
Does anyone have experience with the two vets no name jr tripod. I really like the specs for a dedicated coyote hunting rig for sitting or seated possessions.

elmuzzlebreak

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2018
Not with a No Name JR but I have their 40mm. Probably one of the best tripods I've used...and I have also used RRS. If you have any questions give them and call and they will get you taken care of.

Reactions: Nodayhunter

Nodayhunter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2019
Thanks guys, I just bought a shadow tech carbon lite and really like it, but I seen the 2.3 pound noname jr and think I may have to pull the trigger.

Reactions: 143lrsd

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
SWMO
I just picked up the Recon and so far, it's a very much upgrade from my Leofoto. I can't quite justify twice the price for the RRS right now. I know RRS is American made and Vets might be overseas. so far now regrets but have yet put it though it's paces.

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
SWMO

QDT and Recon in stock

Reactions: JeffLebowski

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side

QDT and Recon in stock
wish I saw this before I ordered mine directly from 2vets

Reactions: Delvecchioforza

Strykervet

DEEZ NUTZ DEPUTY DOG!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Look at Field Optics Research before pulling the trigger. Call 'em, talk to 'em. Doug at Cameraland recommended 'em. Probably who I'll go with when I get around to it. RRS's main competition I think but costs less. Both US made and a Chinese contract option (they designed it, had CF made in China due to cost). Their 32mm legs are stronger than many 40mm legs. I'd like to get their $900 US made option, NICE and I haven't found a higher rating either. Legs also lock on the US ones, not sure if anyone else even does this.

FOR caters to shooters too, and when it comes to tripods I'd rather have one R&D'd with a cannon in mind and not just a Canon.

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side
How does that one adjust height? I also wonder if deploys quietly...
like all the others in the same class. the twist collar locks for the legs. only differnrence is its a two piece leg section instead of three piece. so collapsed its taller than a 3 section or a compact 4 section. deploys very quickly since there's only 1 set of collars to loosen then tighten. and pretty quiet id suggest

Reactions: Wyzrd

FIRE_9

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2014
Montana
I haven’t shot off it yet but I got one and put a Colorado tripod company ball head on it for hunting. I’m really liking it so far the little bit I’ve played with it

Burdy

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2013
Just got mine in today. Spent about 25-30 minutes with it. I like what I see so far but this is my first real experience with a nice tripod.

Last edited:

Smid.

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Just got mine in today. Spent about 25-30 minutes with it. I like what I see so far but this is my first real experience with a nice tripod.
Nice picture! I’ve used mine on one hunt but think I’m going to sell and go with a smaller diameter model.