• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two years in the making...

sigma2chi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2010
Grovetown, GA
BAT Machine Company .308 action
Kreiger 26" #10 countour fluted and threaded
Jewel Trigger
Night Force 3.5-15x56
Manners T5A stock
AICS mags
Atlas bipod
Surgeon bottom metal

image_zpsda90313b.jpg

Re: Two years in the making...

Looks good. Now get some target pics up!

Something tells me (the threaded barrel) that this project is not entirely finished yet
wink.gif

Still... it looks awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRAAV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like it has a thread protector on it. </div></div>

.. and that will need replacing... These types of projects never seem to end
smile.gif

Looks good. Two years is about how long it took me to get my 6.8 AR together. Getting ready to purchase a 700 AAC-SD. Hopefully it will go together quicker.

Looks really sweet.If i don't get mine this month next month will be Two Years for mine

What's the color of the finish on the barrel and action,looks really good

cool. You can combine skateboarding and shooting...skathlon

Nice setup! I like the colors you chose.

Robert Gradous built it for me and he actually chose the colors. It's dark earth. The bolt couldn't get any coloring cause the tolerances were too tight. And I do still have I get a can for it...

Very nice, a BAT actioned Gradous build is as good as it gets!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What took two years to do this?

Nice looking rifle..... </div></div>

took me a year to get all the parts in, action, barrel, stock. I ordered the stock late becasue I didn't realize that there was a wait on a stock... poor planning on my part. then a year for Robert to build it. He does AMAZING work and is super busy!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see those skateboards </div></div>

DSCN0771.jpg

Nice set up. I have a very close set up to that. The bat action is hard to
Beat

Had a little time yesterday so I did some work at the 200. Here is my 200yd 5 rd group. .31 MOA

image_zps2199c5ad.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Punisher29073</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Load info?

Ryan </div></div>

Federal Gold Medal Match. I haven't started hand loading yet. Robert got a sub 1/4 MOA group from it before he let me leave the shop with it but he had hand loads, a bench rest scope. And a SOLID concrete bench .

Props to Robert for building a rifle like that and props for your doing a fine service with it by performing some excellent shooting skills.

Great looking stick. That is an amazing group for 200 yds. Don't know if I would bother handloading. The driver is on his game to!
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking stick. That is an amazing group for 200 yds. Don't know if I would bother handloading. The driver is on his game to!
cool.gif

Regards,
Paul </div></div>

Totally agree re handloading if FGMM is getting you that kind of group. See what Robert has to say about it.

Thanks fellas , I appreciate the compliments. If any of you are contemplating a custom build I can't overstate how outstanding Robert is at building rifles. His work is as good as it gets.

I think two years was a long wait, but I'm sure it was well worth it.