• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Tyler, my son, got his first bear ! Pic added 9-10

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    Tyler, my 13 year old, got his first Black Bear last night. Just shy of 5 foot long. Beautiful white patch on his chest. Little over 200 lbs.

Wool in his belly... imagine that
    wink.gif

made a great shot on him with the 7mm-08 and 139 SST's. 48 yard broadside, bear didn't go much over 30 yards. Found the bullet on the off side of the hide.

internet_pic_3.JPG

internet_pic_2.JPG

internet_pic_1.JPG

Re: Tyler, my son, got his first bear !

Awesome man! I bet he was stoked! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to start sharing experiences like this with me.

He has a cool blond patch on him. I am jealous!

Congrats to your son on his first bear and a tip of my hat to you for getting him out there. That is a memory you will both share forever. Nice white patch too, that makes it even better in my book for his first bear.

That boy is about to split his head wide open trying to contain that smile of his. Congrats to you both.

That is awesome!! I bet you are one proud father!! I cant wait until my son is old enough to start shooting!!

Awesome - Congrats to you both!!

My daughter got her first bear 2 years ago when she was 15 - here's a picture of her and "Boo Boo":

Picture003-2.jpg

Man that is awesome!!! You can tell he was pretty happy about that from the pics. He is pretty lucky. I hear he has a pretty good guide
    wink.gif
    . What else does he have on the plate for this year. Speedgoats, whitetail, and elk?

When you say wool... domestic sheep or bighorn?

Good job! Can't wait till my 4 year old is ready to join me. Just curious, how'd that sst hold up? Any idea on weight retention?

Good deal Scott- thats a nice looking bear. Wondering what you have been up to - figured you must be out chasing some sort of critters. Gotta love the 7mm08:)
    Congrats to your son.

Wow what a great kill for Tyler. I know you must be proud of him. Very neat seeing the white patch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Found the bullet on the off side of the hide.
    </div></div>

Hey Scott, any chance of seeing that bullet? maybe a pic for the recovered bullets thread
    wink.gif

Wow Scott, thats real nice. He looks like a happy hunter, I know I sure would be! Beautiful marking on its chest. Tell him congratulations for me, great hunt and nice shooting.

Got to like the 7-08 and those SST bullets are good hunting bullets. The boys and I have recovered several and they all performed very well on game.

Tyler needs to shoot the 'Cup with you next year!

Is that common that bears kill domestic sheep? Figured that was more of a coyote/mountain lion thing.

Congrats to your son on the bear and congrats to you for getting your son into hunting.

Awesome memories, great pics, great bear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntermanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a beautiful bear! You must be a proud father!!!</div></div>

i could argue that the bear was more "beautiful" alive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weber61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats!! great bruin!</div></div>

if it's so great, why kill it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daniel crocket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is shooting a bear really an accomplishment? </div></div>

It's time for you to go play hide and go fuck yourself...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daniel crocket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is shooting a bear really an accomplishment? </div></div>

Yes it is, if you'd like to truly know.

This bear was killing and eating domestic sheep. We helped the sheep herder out a lot by taking this bear. We are helping protect his livelihood.

Getting 75 + sheep killed in a summer is a huge hit to the wallet !

Congrats and I hope he kills them every year for the rest of his life.

and to crocket. I hope you fall the fuck out of that tree you are huggin